Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

dont buy the Warspite

71 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

For those who are thinking about buying the Warspite please don't buy it, unless they have fixed the ship because at the moment it is a bad bad bad ship.

out of all the premium ships I have got, the Aurora is the worst premium ship that I have used and the Warspite would be a close second, now I cant comment on the Ishizuchi, Atlanta, Atago or Tirpitz as ive not used them at all.

The Warspite is bad at tier 6 because it does get set on fire very easily as cruisers have a field day HE spamming you and very often u find your self with 3 fires burning at the same time, ive tried different modules, signal flags and commander skills to combat the fires but it doesn't seem to make any difference at all. 

its citadels are very week and you get citadel  if u show the side of your ship to any other battleship be it a tier 4-8. yes pointing the bow of your ship at the enemy makes it harder to be hit in the citadel but at some point in the battle you will expose the side of your ship to the enemy BB and its bye bye Warspite.

the turret rotation is very slow and yes if u point your ship at the enemy u can wiggle ya ship from side to side to fire your guns but if u have no other choice but to turn your ship then you have a very long wait for your guns to turn from one side to the other side of your ship and compared to the Kongo and Fuso the Warspite if very very slow indeed.

The AA on the Warspite is not the best either and u will find it hard to shoot down Aircraft coming at you.

 yes the Warspite has 15in guns and not the 14in guns the Fuso has, but the Fuso has more Guns as well as better dispersion, 176m to 204m on the Warspite and the damage 10200 compared to 11400.

 

yes its a premium ship and premium ships are not meant to be the same as the normal grind ships but still they should be able to compete with other ships and at the moment I believe the Warspite has trouble in doing that, yes a small amount of players will be able to get the best out of her but that would be a small 10% of players, the other 90% will find it very hard to do and only very experienced players should buy this ship and yes sadly I'm not in the 10% of players.

 

well that's my say on the Warspite and my opinion after playing it a few times but I will say when I first got the ship and watched videos on how to best play it, compared to then and now I believe it not as good as it was back then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

Not you again? But really i have to admit, the Warspite is kinda bad. Really... They said it is good at close range but when you get close enough, her turrets just simply couldn't turn fast enough to track the target. Except from that, the ship is still okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
802 posts

*waiting for DeathSkyz to appear...*

 

I've got this. 

 

Fire chance? Firstly it's fire chance is no different to any other BB at tier 6. Secondly you're playing in tier 6, home to everyone's favourite HE spammer the Cheatland. It would be foolish of you to think that you wouldn't be burning at this tier. 

 

Poor turret traverse is the price you pay for solid and consistent accuracy. But much like the US Battleships, one doesn't not simply wait for their turrets to turn. You have amazing rudder shift time and can turn on a dime. 

 

As for getting hit, that goes for literally EVERY GOOD DAMN SHOP IN THE GAME. But the Warspite has an ace up its sleeve; it can heal more damage from citadel hits than any other ship in the game. 

 

I'll let Deathskyz fill in anything I missed. 

 

EDIT: Correcting tablet's derp-ish-nes.

Edited by Counterflak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

*waiting for DeathSkyz to appear...*

 

yes Deathskyz is good in his, hence why I said 10% of players will do well in it, but the other 90% will struggle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

 

I've got this. 

 

Fire chance? Firstly  it's fire chance is no different to any other BB at tier 6. Secondly yippee playing in tier 6, home to everyone's favourite HE spammer the Cheatland. It would be foolish to this you wouldn't be burning at this tier. 

 

Poor turret traverse is the prove you pay for solid and consistent accuracy. But much like the US Battleships, one doesn't not simply wait for their turrets to turn. You have amazing rudder shift time and can turn on a dime. 

 

As for getting hit, that goes for literally EVERY GOOD DAMN SHOP IN THE GAME. But the Warspite has an ace up its sleeve; it can heal more damage from citadel hits than any other ship in the game. 

 

I'll let Deathskyz fill in anything I missed. 

 

The Warspite burns a lot more than any other tier 5-6 BB and yes ive played them all at them tiers and believe me it gets a lot more 3x fires than any other battleship at tier 6.

The Warspite dispersion is worse than the Fuso, 176m to 204m and it does miss just as often as other tier 6 BB, so it doesn't have consistent accuracy.

Yes it has better rudder shift time 11.3 to 17.1 and a better turning circle 550m to 740m but with weak AA you are still going to take torpedo damage and its spotting range of torpedos is worst at tier 6 compared to others.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
57 posts
3,018 battles

then show everyone a replay of your warspite.  I quite like mine true the turret reverse is bad but i play it like the Us BBs  with more with a harder hitting batteries

 

 

 

P.S DONT A LONE WOLF HANG WITH SOME CAs for AA  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Its not the easiest of ships to use, its faults hampers it performance and unless your in the top 10% of players then most players will struggle with.

Yes Deathskyz is in that 10% of players who know how to play the ship very well.

The aiming speed of the guns and the amount of fires it gets, is its biggest downfall followed by the weak citadel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,923 posts
4,018 battles

then show everyone a replay of your warspite.  I quite like mine true the turret reverse is bad but i play it like the Us BBs  with more with a harder hitting batteries

 

 

 

P.S DONT A LONE WOLF HANG WITH SOME CAs for AA  

You mean the US have more fire power on their battleships hmmmm.:sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
27 posts
251 battles

I know I'm not that good in it but I enjoy playing it.  I tend to treat it like my tog II instead of being slow in movement it's slow in turning it's guns so I try to play hit and run more than straight slugger.

 

I still enjoy playing it occasionally, but I will take a very long time to be any good in it.

 

I know I'm a tomato but getting better slowly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
802 posts

 

The Warspite burns a lot more than any other tier 5-6 BB and yes ive played them all at them tiers and believe me it gets a lot more 3x fires than any other battleship at tier 6.

 

See, you keep saying this. But you should know from my posting history that I have a fetish for actual data. Anything you're saying right now is purely anecdotal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

The Warspite is a great tier 6 BB.

 

She does have her weaknesses, but she makes it for it with hard hitting accurate guns and brilliant damage (when you get your salvo to hit just right!).

 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

I consider my performance below average, guess no Warspite for me :(

 

I don't think that applies when you're comparing yourself to yourself though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

The Warspite is a great tier 6 BB.

 

She does have her weaknesses, but she makes it for it with hard hitting accurate guns and brilliant damage (when you get your salvo to hit just right!).

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yes she has big weaknesses and no her guns aren't accurate with 204m dispersion compared to Fuso 176m dispersion and she does 1200HP more damage than a Fuso, yes if it manages to hit a citadel you can do damage .

If they improved the turret speed and stopped so many fires it would be a better ship for most players to handle but at this stage I believe most players would be wasting their money in buying it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×