You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yanyatcheng

delete this map :STRAIT

30 comments in this topic

295 posts
501 battles

worse map ever!

first, completely uneven spawn, 4 ship vs 6 ship one side, and 6 ship vs 4 ship one side. WTF?? so you force one side to get rekt??

second, not enough waterways to cross half of the map. your only option is to go straight ahead to the enemy capture, and you will get rekt by the number of the ship if you spawn at the side where the enemy capture flag is.

this map must get a remake, the balance is so bad

btw, what armour is the CV Bouge made of?? Yamato armour? my Kongo NEVER pen a single shot on him (90 degree angle for best shot), only give him ~1200 damage per shot to the cit area, shell bounced over the deck:hiding:

133 posts

Smokestacks aren't always a citadel and a carriers deck is usually armoured so don't be surprised if it bounced.

(no comment on the map, haven't played much of it recently)

Edited by Kaminari1

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Strait has one feature of the map that can be viciously exploited: the smaller strait on the eastern side. No direct line of sight allows people on this side to stay hidden and yet they can pepper other ships with impunity. This is especially the case with the Cleveland, with her high arc and fast rate of fire.

But your points, I honestly don't think that they are a problem. That's why you have a mini-strait on your own side so that you can switch flanks. Whether that is tactically or strategically viable or not is based on the condition of the battle.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Strait have some good strategies

Islands of Ice (which is my favorite) is the one that i never visited this map before, make it common map guys

Due to it's size, Islands of Ice only appears in the map rotation from tiers 6 onwards. 

[151ST]
1,012 posts
4,505 battles

The best thing to do in split spawn situations is to join up with the rest of the team ASAP or focus on an objective togetehr. It's a strategy that works on quite well on hotspot.

While I disagree with the OP (however I'm not a huge fan of the map either - but that's just IMO) and your point is correct - however in rand battles getting a team to play like a team - - - - goodluck!

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I rather have Straits than Hotspot.

THIS.

Although whenever I played my battleship & cruiser in Straits, I mostly position myself at the center of the map & kill any destroyers there then flank enemy & fire at their sides. Afterwards, support the other flank.

930 posts

btw, what armour is the CV Bouge made of?? Yamato armour? my Kongo NEVER pen a single shot on him (90 degree angle for best shot), only give him ~1200 damage per shot to the cit area, shell bounced over the deck:hiding:

weird since i've been citadeling Bogues more often (with HE shells in that matter, and with 5 inch/6 inch guns)

or are you spamming AP all these time and been hitting the deck

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

weird since i've been citadeling Bogues more often (with HE shells in that matter, and with 5 inch/6 inch guns)

or are you spamming AP all these time and been hitting the deck

That why USS Bogue (CVE-9) is the most OP!!!

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

best map for me

hit the belt if you are close, hit the deck when you are far. i 1 salvoed a bogue before on my kongo

1 post

I agree I like the Ocean map than this map.

It's just [content removed] it's just a damn slugging match you know where the enemy is and they have 1 way to get to you and the big ships can start firing right from the start, It's basically who can fire more accurately wins.

General insults. Post edited Warning issued.

~Twisted0ne

Edited by Twisted0ne

350 posts

Its very common in Coop-Battles though

Not that common. I also dislike Straits thus I move to the "little" strait and try to U-turn in the middle before going back to fight the enemy's flank. Going forward is suicide.