Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
onionpeel

Can this really be?

7 comments in this topic

4 posts

So here I am, I having recently saved up for my Indpendence carrier + researched all upgrade modules and 2 addons for air group modifications 1 and 2.

I enter my first ranked battle game and am up against the Ryujo which is the same tier as my carrier. It was a small battle, with only 1 battleship present on either side, plus a couple of DD and CA.

I have 3 squadrons, 1 each of fighter, DB and TB. But I was shocked to see 4 squadrons of enemy aircraft, 3 of which were fighters and one DB. Anyway, despite my efforts, I lost all 3 squadrons + reserve aircraft in exchange for 9 enemy fighters. Something just seemed wrong. Can somebody advise if that combination of squadrons is possible in a game? It just felt so uneven.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

You only have 1 fighter squadron, makes the total number of fighters you have, 6. The enemy Ryujo has 3 fighter squadrons so make it 12. He has double the number of fighters you have! Remember, the more fighters you have, the higher chance that you can dominate an aerial dogfight. 

And one more thing, the top fighter configuration on Ryujo is the A5M fighter, which is far superior than your F3F fighter. So it is easy to understand.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

So here I am, I having recently saved up for my Indpendence carrier + researched all upgrade modules and 2 addons for air group modifications 1 and 2.
I enter my first ranked battle game and am up against the Ryujo which is the same tier as my carrier. It was a small battle, with only 1 battleship present on either side, plus a couple of DD and CA.
I have 3 squadrons, 1 each of fighter, DB and TB. But I was shocked to see 4 squadrons of enemy aircraft, 3 of which were fighters and one DB. Anyway, despite my efforts, I lost all 3 squadrons + reserve aircraft in exchange for 9 enemy fighters. Something just seemed wrong. Can somebody advise if that combination of squadrons is possible in a game? It just felt so uneven.

Did you buy upgrades and your commanders skills had the dogfighting skills? If not most likely that Ryujo had an upgrades with the Commander skills also for playing Indenpendence always choose Fighter CAG loadout instead of the default loadout.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

You only have 1 fighter squadron, makes the total number of fighters you have, 6. The enemy Ryujo has 3 fighter squadrons so make it 12. He has double the number of fighters you have! Remember, the more fighters you have, the higher chance that you can dominate an aerial dogfight. 

And one more thing, the top fighter configuration on Ryujo is the A5M fighter, which is far superior than your F3F fighter. So it is easy to understand.

Sorry to said but my USS Bogue (CVE-9) Take down Ryujo fighters pretty easily with the assist of Ally ships Anti-Aircraft [AA] fire support. So it wisely to choose Fighter CAG loadout better than Bombers strike load out in Indenpendnece.

Super Tester
516 posts
5,751 battles

Okay, I had a look at the Ryujo modules and see that the 3 fighter and 1 DB combination is indeed possible. That will teach me for not researching what my enemy could throw against me.

in my opinion, i think that gaining air superiority is very important in ranked battle

It really depends on the play style, but i think its better to have all enemy aircrafts shot down so that enemy CV can do nothing, right?

Sign in to follow this