You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

A question for Essex and Midway captains

14 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I am wondering if the Essex and Midway are worth getting. From what I have heard tier 7-10 IJN CVs captains will always run AA loadout. So are the 2 ships worth getting? Or will the IJN CVs captains just dominate the sky and the sea without even trying ?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Discussion on the subreddit/NA/EU is that Essex and Midway needs major nerfs because they basically rule everything at tiers 9 to 10. Whether or not this applies to Asia is another story.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Whether or not this applies to Asia is another story.

Ofc it will, the balance between ships is universal among servers, what's good or bad on NA/EU will also be good or bad on ASIA, no differences in the meta could possibly be so great as to change that fact.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,827 battles

gee - lets make every ship of every class exactly the same - that way there are no more complaint threads....what drugs am I smoking?

Even if you made 2 ships EXACTLY the same there will still be a complaint thread.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Ofc it will, the balance between ships is universal among servers, what's good or bad on NA/EU will also be good or bad on ASIA, no differences in the meta could possibly be so great as to change that fact.

Not entirely true.

On NA (low tiers) the playstyles are far more reckless than on SEA.

So a ship that does better at quickly sinking ships does very well, since reckless maneuvers will be

equally punished.

On SEA ships with high range and/or good survivability tend to do better.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I am wondering if the Essex and Midway are worth getting. From what I have heard tier 7-10 IJN CVs captains will always run AA loadout. So are the 2 ships worth getting? Or will the IJN CVs captains just dominate the sky and the sea without even trying ?

yes midway is worth all the pain from its difficult tech tree.

Even if IJN CVs can easily dominate the sky if they are decent enough in micro management, you should have been trained hard by now that you can think of number of ways how to deal with it plus midway's hangar space is unparalleled.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Not entirely true.

On NA (low tiers) the playstyles are far more reckless than on SEA.

So a ship that does better at quickly sinking ships does very well, since reckless maneuvers will be

equally punished.

On SEA ships with high range and/or good survivability tend to do better.

Less of reckless,  more of individualistic - i.e. carrier bait. 

For better or for worse, Asia players tend to clump up and play incredibly conservatively, so they're less vulnerable to carriers in general.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Less of reckless,  more of individualistic - i.e. carrier bait. 

For better or for worse, Asia players tend to clump up and play incredibly conservatively, so they're less vulnerable to carriers in general.

Nah, they're also more reckless, spearheading attacks way too far into enemy territory.

Generally seeing a lot of high risk, high reward shenanigans.

Although mostly poorly executed.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Assuming it's true, that wouldn't be enough to stop those two carriers from being obscenely OP, differences between servers are usually exaggerated, ship/class balance always defines the meta.