Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KinomotoSakura_chan

You still retain Arkan ?

You still retain Arkan ???  

43 members have voted

1. 1. You still retain Arkan ???

36 comments in this topic

[LN]
Super Tester
549 posts

Alkane is 1 ship extremely special, it proved more powerful BB same type, it was unfortunate that it never sold and only the new CBT has it, a ship of dreams, meet it in the game also a happy anniversary

Arkansas_Beta.jpg

Edited by Wadanohara

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I really want to sell it, as I don't even want to think about the things that could happen in a ship without AA gun.

But indeed it's rare, so I step down every time.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

NA players are pushing for the Arkansas to receive AA guns, so don't cry if you sell yours and they buff it in future.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/36709-1920s-hull-for-the-arkansas-beta/

I still maintain that she doesn't need it, but who am I to deny my precious ships a buff? :P

On a side note:

I realised you have the De Ruyter in your signature... must resist the urge to post her animefied version. :hiding:

Alpha Tester
105 posts
428 battles

I still have it in my garage but only took it out once and then I realized I have no idea how to play battleships so I didn't try it again. I keep it so I could say I have a battleship in my port haha!

(Would love to have pointers about it, on the off chance I want to try playing it for credit grinding or lulz)

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Don't call it Arkan.

Call it Arkansas, or AK (the two-letter state code). She's basically a Tier 4 stock Wyoming without AA, but she makes a lot of money. I do enjoy her (surprisingly).

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

I like this ship, especially all the upgrades you can get for her. However, she only likes Co-op battles, as the bot CVs don't single her out for extra attention.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,645 battles

Don't mind taking her for a spin every now and then......I have nothing against her (most low tier AA tend to shoot planes down after they dropped their torps)

[LN]
Super Tester
549 posts

Don't mind taking her for a spin every now and then......I have nothing against her (most low tier AA tend to shoot planes down after they dropped their torps)

very true, I see AA guns effective only from type 6 onwards :playing:

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i notice in some premium ship are weaker version of their lead ship. e.g akhansas without AA. iwaki alpha a tier 3 tenryuu that was force to play at tier 4, atago: has slower fire rate than cruiser at her tier and so on, while russian premium has receive boost. e.g murmanks has longer cannon range, they have 8km torpedo too compare to omaha, while same ship-class marblehead is an un-upgraded omaha without AA and -FCS upgrade.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

Man, the Arkan was not that bad. "WAS" i said. When she still had her 20 secs reload time. Her range is pretty crap and hopeless against aircraft, still fun to play cuz she has so many guns. But after WG nerfed her... I just don't wanna play with her anymore.

She is now rendered... Useless... 

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Man, the Arkan was not that bad. "WAS" i said. When she still had her 20 secs reload time. Her range is pretty crap and hopeless against aircraft, still fun to play cuz she has so many guns. But after WG nerfed her... I just don't wanna play with her anymore.

She is now rendered... Useless... 

When was it nerfed?

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I still have it in my garage but only took it out once and then I realized I have no idea how to play battleships so I didn't try it again. I keep it so I could say I have a battleship in my port haha!

(Would love to have pointers about it, on the off chance I want to try playing it for credit grinding or lulz)

Buy all upgrades before sailing out.

That's the main reason I'm not using mine atm, the upgrades cost a ton of credits,

but I wouldn't want to sail out without them.

iwaki alpha a tier 3 tenryuu that was force to play at tier 4,

Iwaki Alpha has...

• +900 hitpoints
  • +3knots speed
  • +1 gun
  • +3km torpedo range
  • Tier 2 Gun/Mobility upgrades
  • Smoke Screen Generator
  • Vastly superior AA

The downsides are...

• 1km less firing range
  • Worse concealment

Oh, woe is me being forced to play this "crappy" ship at tier IV...

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

I much prefer to drive my Iwaki (or my gremlin).  I've never really taken a shine to BBS'  The gameplay is just tooooooo slow.  The Arkansas has seen a handful of games and just sits in dock for the occasional PVE.  I feel naked without AA support and you cant be guaranteed any support in the lower tiers,

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

When was it nerfed?

Don't you realize that they had announced to nerf the Wyoming? At first, i thought the Arkansas would retain it's 20 secs reload time but after patch 5.0.1, I jumped in my A.B just to found out that she has been nerfed along with her sister.

Sign in to follow this