You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kushty_1

not able to move or shoot

9 comments in this topic

3 posts
295 battles

Every 3-4 battle the game stops responding, I press a button and on the screen it shows I'm pressing it but nothing happens, (e.g.) if I press A to turn it shows it on screen but I don't turn and that's the same for moving forward and back

3 posts
295 battles

not sure on the ping, I will take note of it next time it happens

the game continues just fine I end up a sitting duck for the other team and pissing my team mates off for not moving, I cant even msg to let them know im having issues lol

Edited by Kushty_1

55 posts
3,922 battles

It's not a lag/ping thing.  I had the same problem yesterday and my ping was normal and lag indicator was fine.  From the speed and helm indicator it shows that the ship is responding to your commands, it's just not moving or doing anything on the screen.  You can even see the chat, and (though it varies) the other ships moving.  First battle this happened i ended up just plotting a course straight for the enemy, figuring that, where I was on the minimap wasn't where I actually was, and best to get this over quickly.  Sure enough, I quickly died (was in a destroyer, so it helped).  Only then did my position reset, graphically.  From the battle stats, turned out I had travelled 36 kms while apparently standing still!

Tried it in a co-op battle, and this time the other ships didn't move either and there was no chat, so I guess the whole interface just sort of froze.

Not sure what the problem was, ultimately.  I did run a ping plot immediately and it looked fine.  I then removed all my mods, ran about three anti-virus programs (which turned up nothing unusual) and restarted my PC.  This worked.  Putting the mods back in didn't do any harm, so it wasn't the mods.

So, only advice I can give - restart your PC.

724 posts
2,153 battles

It's not a lag/ping thing.  I had the same problem yesterday and my ping was normal and lag indicator was fine.  From the speed and helm indicator it shows that the ship is responding to your commands, it's just not moving or doing anything on the screen.  You can even see the chat, and (though it varies) the other ships moving.  First battle this happened i ended up just plotting a course straight for the enemy, figuring that, where I was on the minimap wasn't where I actually was, and best to get this over quickly.  Sure enough, I quickly died (was in a destroyer, so it helped).  Only then did my position reset, graphically.  From the battle stats, turned out I had travelled 36 kms while apparently standing still!

Tried it in a co-op battle, and this time the other ships didn't move either and there was no chat, so I guess the whole interface just sort of froze.

Not sure what the problem was, ultimately.  I did run a ping plot immediately and it looked fine.  I then removed all my mods, ran about three anti-virus programs (which turned up nothing unusual) and restarted my PC.  This worked.  Putting the mods back in didn't do any harm, so it wasn't the mods.

So, only advice I can give - restart your PC.

I heard that if you have mods installed from 0.5.0.1, you'll need to reinstall the mods to 0.5.0.2 to avoid any bugs and crashes. This could be one of the cause as well.

not sure on the ping, I will take note of it next time it happens

the game continues just fine I end up a sitting duck for the other team and pissing my team mates off for not moving, I cant even msg to let them know im having issues lol

Enable replay,and if it happens again you could send the replay to the dev,they'll look into it.

Link on how to enable replay : http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/6646-how-to-enable-replays-repost-from-beta-section/

Edited by xDave1337x

55 posts
3,922 battles

I heard that if you have mods installed from 0.5.0.1, you'll need to reinstall the mods to 0.5.0.2 to avoid any bugs and crashes. This could be one of the cause as well.

I had fixed that problem already, before having the frozen interface bug.  Was using Aslain's 0.5.0.1 mod pack and when 0.5.0.2 came out, I simply renamed the folder.  Mods worked fine but it caused the Settings screen to not work.  Aslain brought his 0.5.0.2 mod pack out and I was using that when I had the frozen interface problem. 

I doubt it is the mods - I have the latest versions, the game worked fine the day before, when I was already using that version of the modpack, worked fine after restarting and is working fine now.  It was just that short window when things got weird.  

724 posts
2,153 battles

I had fixed that problem already, before having the frozen interface bug.  Was using Aslain's 0.5.0.1 mod pack and when 0.5.0.2 came out, I simply renamed the folder.  Mods worked fine but it caused the Settings screen to not work.  Aslain brought his 0.5.0.2 mod pack out and I was using that when I had the frozen interface problem. 

I doubt it is the mods - I have the latest versions, the game worked fine the day before, when I was already using that version of the modpack, worked fine after restarting and is working fine now.  It was just that short window when things got weird.  

Oh well,glad that you fixed it,and thanks for sharing the information.