Sign in to follow this  
Bulwyf

OP

12 comments in this topic

45 posts
1,228 battles

What on earth does OP mean? I see people bandy about this acronym all the time. Usually the context is different which changes what the meaning could be.

In various posts I have thought it meant:

Operator

Opinion

Overpowered 

etc

I suspect that most of those who use it mean all of those things as the occasion suits. It certainly doesn't impress as an intelligent use of the language.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

OP = Overpowered (when refering to something)

"This ship is so OP !!!!"

OP = Opening Post (Topic Starter)

"To the OP, blahblahblahblahblah....."

OP = Opening (As opposed to ED = Ending)

"The first OP of <anime> is awesome !!!"

OP = Operator (of a channel)

"Please OP me plox!!!!"

Edited by Windforce

423 posts
3,175 battles

OP: Overpowered, imagine that you're playing StarCraft in Single Player and start typing: "power overwhelming" and press enter. Now feel the flow...

OP: Original/Opening Post(er), the guy who post this thread or any other thread, including the "ABC is too OP" kinda thread.

OP: Oh Poi! - the friendly salute that some animé fans often do to each other :salute:

OP: Observation Post/Point - the highest place on your ship/port/area of operation - let's say the WTC on Operation 9/11

OP: Ooopsie Pantsy - I really have no idea what it means, that's the think came out of my mind when I see some very attractive woman like... this

BJ1gQHE.jpg

And I think I ran out of idea for now...

423 posts
3,175 battles

^ Ooopsie Pantsy? :D

That's a very good example regards to my saying so yes, it DID involve too damn much to what we're saying...

Edited by jchen8792

Sign in to follow this