Sign in to follow this  
bulletnick

i think usn cv tree seriously needs some looking into

13 comments in this topic

4 posts
243 battles

Just got the bogue tier v this morning, tried it and realized i just hit a dead end of this tree. In the mod upgrade, if i am paired to match with another bogue, theres a high chance he has full fighter squadron formation which usually ends up him destroying all my planes or whoevers planes in any match be it a jpn cv otherwise. I think this is an issue that the developers should look into to repair otherwise it be end up of such planeless matches which sucks up the enjoyment of this game. 

2 posts
1,535 battles

for bogue play the fighter load out..

it's a 50-50 Hell tier..

just wait till you get independence..

even if you get the 2-0-1 mod, you will still get beaten by the ryujo (3-1-1)...

so basically, tier 6-7 is the real dead end..

4 posts
243 battles

:Black_Pantheras 

wheres the fun when your only DB squadron is being chased around the map by a fleet of fighters. I'm just sharing my 2 cents worth about the USN carrier tree. I really enjoyed playing the role of a carrier esp since its feels like playing an RTS interface compared to the others and can't bear to see the joy of playing being ruined just cause of one imbalanced build which spoils the fun of others in the process. No intention of talking down this game or whatsoever #nosourgrapesintended

Edited by bulletnick

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

:Black_Pantheras 

wheres the fun when your only DB squadron is being chased around the map by a fleet of fighters. I'm just sharing my 2 cents worth about the USN carrier tree. I really enjoyed playing the role of a carrier esp since its feels like playing an RTS interface compared to the others and can't bear to see the joy of playing being ruined just cause of one imbalanced build which spoils the fun of others in the process. No intention of talking down this game or whatsoever #nosourgrapesintended

The fighter loadout has 2 fighters. IJN cant fight this as they are much weaker. Use both squads and IJN will run out of planes fast. Then use your DB to wreck helpless ships. A good tip is to send your DB on the other side of the map to your fighters. Your DBs are so fast no fighter can catch them. OR use the bomber loadout and go to the other side of the map than the enemy and split your squads up. Never fight with your fighters over enemy AA. You'll get wrecked. Also use mods and commander skills to boost your planes strength.

[-JSF-]
[-JSF-]
38 posts
5,340 battles

Fighters are what makes the US Navy's carriers so potent. You mop up  enemy DB's and TB's and then let your own torp & dive bombers reign supreme without any aerial resistance. It's what happens all the time to my IJN planes when I play the Zuiho.

621 posts
2,271 battles

Fighters are what makes the US Navy's carriers so potent. You mop up  enemy DB's and TB's and then let your own torp & dive bombers reign supreme without any aerial resistance. It's what happens all the time to my IJN planes when I play the Zuiho.

Precisely... :(

Super Tester
1,310 posts

USN CV captain that cries that "IJN CV is OP" mean that he is just bad at CV.

theres no way IJN CV can fight for air supremacy against USN CV at ANY TIERS. even 3/1/1 ryujo cant beat 2/0/1 indy (a good 1/1/1 indy captain can even hold his ground against 3/1/1 ryujo). 
even IJN CV got more squad. their planes are weak.

423 posts
3,175 battles

Well, it's all about your strategy thinking. Don't launch your aircrafts into the tiger's mouth of another Bogue fighter loadout. And if you do, send them to the nearest CA/L with somewhat useful AA so you can soften 'em up. Be patient. It's better to go the long way rather than bomb and went back to the intercepting path of another CA/L and fighters...

Some of my experience though. It works, really!

Sign in to follow this