Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Galathre

I cannot enter the setting page in the game.

5 comments in this topic

2 posts

Issue: Cannot open the setting screen in the game.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/w0cJmYx
Occurrences: Always
Tested: Re-occur every time I try to enter the setting screen.
Severity: Low impact. May be a visual error.
Details: I found this problem yesterday (probably after the patch). It has a wrong display on a setting screen as you can see in the SS. The setting window is transparent and unable to interact with it (I mean it completely unable to be interacted with a cursor). Keyboard interacting is still be fine though since I used ESC key to escape this screen. This problem occurs every time I try to reach the setting page and causes no fatal error or crash.

The attach file is JPG version while the SS link is PNG version.

Untitled.jpg

724 posts
2,166 battles

Try deleting the preferences.xml in the game root folder

eg. D:\Program Files (x86)\World_of_Warships

Please note that doing this will also wipe your in game settings and turning them back to default.

See if it works after you deleted it.

55 posts
3,922 battles

I had the same problem yesterday.  Deleting Preferences didn't fix it.  Turns out it was my mods.  I was using Aslain's mod pack from 0.5.0.1, but with the folder name changed to 0.5.0.2 so as to work after the mini-patch.  The mods still worked but somehow screwed up accessing Settings.  

Just reinstall your mods and make sure they are updated to and compatible with 0.5.0.2. 

2 posts

Try deleting the preferences.xml in the game root folder

eg. D:\Program Files (x86)\World_of_Warships

Please note that doing this will also wipe your in game settings and turning them back to default.

See if it works after you deleted it.

I had the same problem yesterday.  Deleting Preferences didn't fix it.  Turns out it was my mods.  I was using Aslain's mod pack from 0.5.0.1, but with the folder name changed to 0.5.0.2 so as to work after the mini-patch.  The mods still worked but somehow screwed up accessing Settings.  

Just reinstall your mods and make sure they are updated to and compatible with 0.5.0.2. 

Thanks for your advice, xDave1337x. Deleting a preferences file doesn't fix it though, it seems to be a mods problem like GeneralGrant said. Reinstalling the mods works nicely. Thanks to you both.

By the way, this makes me doubt that why every patch makes mods become messed with the game.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Thanks for your advice, xDave1337x. Deleting a preferences file doesn't fix it though, it seems to be a mods problem like GeneralGrant said. Reinstalling the mods works nicely. Thanks to you both.

By the way, this makes me doubt that why every patch makes mods become messed with the game.

Because the mods aren't updated immediately with the patches.

Sign in to follow this