You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

Rant with me please

90 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

ok here's my rant for this week.:angry:

I'm so sick and tired of bad noob players, who at first sign of an enemy ship just turn around and run away, even when they out number the enemy 5-2 they still turn and run instead of going at the damn enemy.

YOU WIN THE DAMN BATTLE BY ATTACKING THE DAMN ENEMY AND KILLING THEM. NOT BLOODY WELL TURNING AWAY FROM THEM U COWARD DUMB PLAYERS :izmena:

When you out number the enemy you damn well go straight at them, get close and kill them as quick as you can, you don't turn away and leave your team mates to die because you are a bad player with out brains, to know that more numbers will kill them easier the closer you get to the damn enemy ships.

How do these players even manage to get a computer or even know how to turn them on just totally amazes me.

who else is having a bad time with bad players because they just don't get it or understand the game at all and only think about themselves and not give a damn about the team or team work either?

I lost another battle when 4 ships chased after a CV instead of going after the caps, when the enemy had all 4 caps and as I was closest DD to the CV in the first place I went after it but another DD that was furthest away from the CV but the closest ship to the caps, went after the CV instead of going for the caps even when he was asked to go for the caps.

The enemy at this stage had only the CV,CL and a DD left, once the CV was dead the CL then died but as the enemy had all 4 caps they got the points for the caps and we got nothing.

if the DD had gone for the caps like he was asked to do then the team would of won, but no he wanted to be the last ship in line to kill the CV. What is it with players who see a CV and they then go blind and only see the CV and see nothing else in the game at all ???

Open your eyes up and do the team thing for the win and not be stupid. I even had a battle where me and another guy was chasing a cruiser in DDs the cruiser had less then 500HP on him when we spotted a full health CV and guess what happened then??   The other DD started to fire at the full health CV in stead of finishing off the cruiser and losing us the battle as the enemy got the 1000 points. So if the DD had ignored the CV and continued to shoot the cruiser we would of killed the cruiser which would of reduced the points,   Then we both would of killed the CV and that would of won us the battle instead, but nooooooo because the other DD was fixed on the CV we lost.

So what is it with players who see a CV and forget about everything else going on in the game and just fixate on the CVs ???

seriously like WTF??

players really do need to have more of a look around and see what's happening in the battle and open their eyes more and read the battle.

ok rant over for now lol

ok so now let me have it, your turn to have a whinge lol

Edited by yobbo1972

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

noobs are in every games, you won't be able to avoid them. on the bright side, at least you have more enemies ship to shoot and sink since you don't have that many skilled rival player on your team. 

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

mods should really make a Rant section here in forum for yobbo

Yobbo Chill, don't rants for just over this noobs just do your best. Don't get yourself into trouble mate.:honoring:

74 posts
3,233 battles

Maybe the players who turn and run are sick and tired of pressing home an attack, only to find themselves hopelessly outnumbered?

I will not cap a base in the early stages of the game any more if I find there's an enemy DD in it, because nine times out of ten the enemy DD has backup in the form of cruisers with suspiciously accurate gunners, while my team is busy picking daisies at the back of the map, waiting for me to reveal who's in the base, and get killed in the process.

If I do anything rash in the first few minutes of the game, I get sunk. There is no tolerance for errors in destroyers - you make a mistake, you sink. Simple. It's much better for my team if I avoid that eventuality in the first stages of the game, because the longer I last, the more chance I have of doing damage.

As for being "told" to cap a base and not doing it, I have a tale to tell about that. During a rare winning game I was in recently, I had done very little damage, despite receiving quite a lot, and was trying to torp an enemy Tirpitz. A bunch of impatient little fellows started telling me to cap a base, and when I didn't instantly click my heels and shout "Yes sir! Would you like fries with that?" started abusing me. They had a very limited vocab, poor things - the only English words they seemed to know were "NOOB" and the F word. They kept the barrage of abuse up even though the enemy had only one ship left and we were bound to win. In fact, they kept it up AFTER I'd given up on the Tirp and capped the damned base. So forgive me if I am a little leery of players "telling" me to do things. 

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

^

That's why if I suggest people cap I include a reference to the AMOUNT OF TIME REMAINING.

I've had draws because tools chase ships as fast/faster than themselves rather than cap and, of course, time ends with them not having killed the enemy nor capped.

But you also need better Engrish than "NOOB" and "F@#Y*@)$^!!!!!!!!" to do that.

[AE]
200 posts
9,488 battles

Welcome to the SEA my friend. Its not necessarily noobs. In WoT it used to happen regularly, and the NA server stood in stark contrast to the SEA playstyle.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

ok here my rant for this week.:angry:

I'm so sick and tired of bad noob players, who at first sign of an enemy ship just turn around and run away, even when they out number the enemy 5-2 they still turn and run instead of going at the dam enemy.

YOU WIN THE DAM BATTLE BY ATTACKING THE DAM ENEMY AND KILLING THEM. NOT BLOODY WELL TURNING AWAY FROM THEM U COWARD DUMB PLAYERS :izmena:

when u out number the enemy u dam well go straight at them, get close and kill them as quick as u can, u don't turn away and leave your team mates to die because u are a bad player with out brains, to know that more numbers will kill them easier the closer you get to the dam enemy ships.

how do these players even manage to get a computer or even know how to turn them on just totally amazes me.

who else is having a bad time with bad players cuz they just don't get it or understand the game at all and only think about themselves and not give a dam about the team or team work either?

I lost another battle when 4 ships chased after a CV instead of going after the caps, when the enemy had all 4 caps and as I was closest DD to the CV in the first place I went after it but another DD that was furthest away from the CV but the closest ship to the caps, went after the CV instead of going for the caps even when he was asked to go for the caps.

the enemy at this stage had only the CV,CL and a DD left, once the CV was dead the CL then died but as the enemy had all 4 caps they got the points for the caps and we got nothing.

if the DD had gone for the caps like he was asked to do then the team would of won but no he wanted to be the last ship in line to kill the CV. what is it with players who see a CV and they then go blind and only see the CV and see nothing else in the game at all ???

open ya eyes up and do the team thing for the win and not be stupid. I even had a battle where me and another guy was chasing a cruiser in DDs the cruiser had less then 500HP on him when we spotted a full health CV and guess what happened then??   the other DD started to fire at the full health CV in stead of finishing off the cruiser and losing us the battle as the enemy got the 1000 points. so if the DD had ignored the CV and continued to shoot the cruiser we would of killed the cruiser which would of reduced the points,   then we both would of killed the CV and that would of won us the battle instead but nooooooo cuz the other DD was fixed on the CV we lost. so what is it with players who see a CV and forget about everything else going on in the game and just fixate on the CVs ???

seriously like WTF??

players really do need to have more of a look around and see what's happening in the battle and open their eyes more and read the battle.

ok rant over for now lol

ok so now let me have it, your turn to have a whinge lol

wow who gave this guy Beer ? stop giving this guy beer and I'm sure the rants will stop????......maybe.............maybe not ohhhhhhh

stupid beer

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Maybe the players who turn and run are sick and tired of pressing home an attack, only to find themselves hopelessly outnumbered?

I will not cap a base in the early stages of the game any more if I find there's an enemy DD in it, because nine times out of ten the enemy DD has backup in the form of cruisers with suspiciously accurate gunners, while my team is busy picking daisies at the back of the map, waiting for me to reveal who's in the base, and get killed in the process.

If I do anything rash in the first few minutes of the game, I get sunk. There is no tolerance for errors in destroyers - you make a mistake, you sink. Simple. It's much better for my team if I avoid that eventuality in the first stages of the game, because the longer I last, the more chance I have of doing damage.

As for being "told" to cap a base and not doing it, I have a tale to tell about that. During a rare winning game I was in recently, I had done very little damage, despite receiving quite a lot, and was trying to torp an enemy Tirpitz. A bunch of impatient little fellows started telling me to cap a base, and when I didn't instantly click my heels and shout "Yes sir! Would you like fries with that?" started abusing me. They had a very limited vocab, poor things - the only English words they seemed to know were "NOOB" and the F word. They kept the barrage of abuse up even though the enemy had only one ship left and we were bound to win. In fact, they kept it up AFTER I'd given up on the Tirp and capped the damned base. So forgive me if I am a little leery of players "telling" me to do things.

yes I understand what u are saying and I play the same way and try to stay alive and not die in the first 2 min of battle.

but it is about  reading the battle and understanding what's going on and 80% of players I reckon have no idea how to read a battle and work out what role they have to play to insure the win.

players tend to see a CV and forget about everything else and just try to kill the CV and I don't understand why players do this and not think at all about the bigger picture of the battle.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

^

That's why if I suggest people cap I include a reference to the AMOUNT OF TIME REMAINING.

I've had draws because tools chase ships as fast/faster than themselves rather than cap and, of course, time ends with them not having killed the enemy nor capped.

But you also need better Engrish than "NOOB" and "F@#Y*@)$^!!!!!!!!" to do that.

yep I know how you feel had it happen many times

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Welcome to the SEA my friend. Its not necessarily noobs. In WoT it used to happen regularly, and the NA server stood in stark contrast to the SEA playstyle.

yes but in WOT at lest u can carry for a win, in ships it is a lot lot lot lot lot harder to carry

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

So beer filled yobbo writes the rant thread, and sober yobbo realises what he wrote the next day...,.sounds familiar

ummm yes..... burp!!!!!!

but at lest I remember not to swear or abuse players etc lol well sorta :honoring:

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Yobbo just chill no point ranting on this noobs sometime wish i could TK them better let enemy kill them Firstly Waste of points and Secondly waste of time.... But here is SEA so no choice but to endure it.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

So beer filled yobbo writes the rant thread, and sober yobbo realises what he wrote the next day...,.sounds familiar

So it's scientifically proven that being sober makes you think straight. So suprising :D

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

I recently discovered the joys of Co-Op battles, where you don't need to rely on allies at all as the whole game revolves around how much damage you can output. The camping and unhelpful on your team are an advantage because they are not going to be competing with you for damage. And I never get bored with winning all the time!

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

but funny how yesterday and now today I cant get a god damn bloody win at all, as every damn team I get is just rubbish and crap and I'm always the last to die cuz the rest of the team cant stay alive for 5 damn mins

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

but funny how yesterday and now today I cant get a god damn bloody win at all, as every damn team I get is just rubbish and crap and I'm always the last to die cuz the rest of the team cant stay alive for 5 damn mins

Chill mate just do the best can already don't need to rage over this noobs sometime it we carry our whole team not they carry us.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Simplest strategy, although hardest to exercise, is play the best you can and accept that's the only thing over which you have any control.

If you find you can't enjoy the game because you see rewards being less than they would be were you to win but you can't win then the best idea is not to play.

Where's the fun in playing if you don't enjoy it?

I play a handful of games now and again. I certainly don't grind, and I don't care if I don't play for days as a time.

After all, it's not as though you get anything for reaching the next tier ASAP, other than a ship that will seem crap compared with the previous one because WG's design philosophy seems to revolve around 'rewarding' your grind with a ship that's less capable and facing tougher opponents.

While that might encourage some to spend money to reduce the effects of "stock boat is crap" syndrome, it does quite the opposite for me. I'm in no rush to reach that next boat, and I'll not spend money to reward WG for making that next boat a pile of junk.

Beta Tester
106 posts
6,203 battles

I recently discovered the joys of Co-Op battles, where you don't need to rely on allies at all as the whole game revolves around how much damage you can output. The camping and unhelpful on your team are an advantage because they are not going to be competing with you for damage. And I never get bored with winning all the time!

how is winning against bots even remotely exciting? :/

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Simplest strategy, although hardest to exercise, is play the best you can and accept that's the only thing over which you have any control.

If you find you can't enjoy the game because you see rewards being less than they would be were you to win but you can't win then the best idea is not to play.

Where's the fun in playing if you don't enjoy it?

I play a handful of games now and again. I certainly don't grind, and I don't care if I don't play for days as a time.

After all, it's not as though you get anything for reaching the next tier ASAP, other than a ship that will seem crap compared with the previous one because WG's design philosophy seems to revolve around 'rewarding' your grind with a ship that's less capable and facing tougher opponents.

While that might encourage some to spend money to reduce the effects of "stock boat is crap" syndrome, it does quite the opposite for me. I'm in no rush to reach that next boat, and I'll not spend money to reward WG for making that next boat a pile of junk.

I been playing 5 and i enjoy it.