You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheLastMinotaurPC

[Vote] I hate Hotspot the map

Do you like Hotspot?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Hotspot?

• Yes
    • No it's @$$@
    • It should be changed

22 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

WARNING RANT:

In my experience Hotspot is the worst map. As a CV player i feel like the enemy is way too close. I normally get pincered and then swarmed within 7 minutes of the game. As a BB player i get wrecked by CVs because they reload so fast. I also get shrecked by DDs who just torp spam and in the short distance and crowd of ships half of us get sunk before 5 minutes in. I notice that usually my team bunches up in one direction leading them to get flanked and then we get pincered and die. In any base capturing modes it's suicide to try and cap as its always full of fish. I hate how you spot the enemies and can fire apon them within the first 2 minutes. This map should be removed. It is poorly thought out and is the complete opposite of ocean the map.

*end rant*

Please post your experiences and thoughts below.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

when each teams are divided north and south, northeast and southeast you are guaranteed fcked more so if you are CV. when your whole team is either in north or south, it's ok though

Edited by Deicide

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Meanwhile as a CV captain hotspot is probably the best map for me. You said that CVs reload planes reload really fast. What you should do is exploit that CV reloading thing. Always keep your CV moving. Exploit the short distance between you and the enemy so you can deal as much damage as possible. Hit hard, hit fast and get the hell out 

930 posts

1, Ping the crap out of C on the mini map

2. Tell your team to attack it via chat or quick commands.

3. ???

4. Profit.

thing is, some people just wont listen.

and hotspot's cross spawn just aint for pubs.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

thing is, some people just wont listen.

and hotspot's cross spawn just aint for pubs.

double pincer. in any case, 1 spawn spot is going down 1 way or another within the first 5 minutes, whether they listen or not either southeast or northeast (if they aim for C which is like 90% of the time)
Edited by Deicide

Super Tester
2,725 posts

The map is ok but I didn't like the X spawn. Wherein allies are top right & bottom left etc.

I always urge my team to focused on certain group first, but never worked coz pubbies don't follow.

Edited by Mingfang47

12 posts
2,077 battles

Its a good map. Not a passive boring map. Full of action. Tell your team to regroup and focus fire on C (one of the tactics).

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

It used to be the case that if you got most of your team to YOLO the middle you'd win by capping because the opposition frequently weren't brave enough to risk their precious paint jobs doing anything about you.

I don't play on this map these days as I think it's restricted to tiers 6+.

And, yes, the "split spawns" are more the issue, much as they are on the other map that has them.

Edited by Steeltrap

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I think I may be in the minority - I actually liked the old 5 cap version of this map .....

I like both ... with 5cap it spread the action more .. and not just all ship packed together just to take one spot ( except when some time when A/B decide to go around in group and able to take the another base ... it kind of fun) ... but 5 cap some time the problem is when not many on each side left and then who got DD left in the game have more chance to win cas it become cat n mouse game .. just chasing another to score from cap point and no one firing each other ...

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I like the map, brings a good measure of playstyle changes with it, just like ocean.

As for teams picking strategically bad life choices... those teams would prolly fail on

other maps, too... so... *shrug*

Beta Tester
106 posts
6,189 battles

I like the map, brings a good measure of playstyle changes with it, just like ocean.

As for teams picking strategically bad life choices... those teams would prolly fail on

other maps, too... so... *shrug*

usually you are on point dude, but all ocean brings is a profusion of blue lining.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Hotspot is one of those maps where USN DD's excel, as there are plenty of islands and ambush spots along with open spaces where its gunnery could be out to use, Ocean on the other hand is DD's (USN especially) nightmare

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

usually you are on point dude, but all ocean brings is a profusion of blue lining.

So it brings easy targets? 

Seriously though, for me ocean is another fine map, it brings some fresh variety to the table 

and it works well with my prefered DD playstyle, i.e. annoying a couple of CAs and BBs and dodging all their shots.

I don't mind dealing 10kish less avg damage on that map because most torpedo salvos miss,

that's still 20kish gun damage, and a good battle.

And especially that last part is important to me, I'd rather deal no damage but have a great battle dodging all the shells

than get boring islands map no. 555 and dealing 70k torp dmg.

Super Tester
802 posts

Blue line exploitation is no more prevalent on Ocean than any other map (the exception being Islands I think due to it's 1-3 MM)

[STGGC]
Beta Tester
162 posts
2,861 battles

make the cross spawn point limited to CW only and 2 side spawn point for pubs,, seriously,, lot of people talking in block rather than know what to do and in fact we got more cross spawn than 2 spawn point just,, well no more word,, like they will listen to their player anyway :sceptic: