You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Muds_Revenge

How far away is clan wars?

19 comments in this topic

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

the clan system is not available yet.....

it seems like its gonna take a long time

^ As he said is true it gonna take a long time as current game lots of fixes need to be fix first.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Be a while yet from what I have seen.

Before clam wars can start up the issue of unification needs to be sorted - at the moment that means your WoT Clan will be your WoWS Flotilla which would really put a spanner in the goldz/doubloonz farming abilities of some.

[BLUMR]
726 posts
2,341 battles

Probably not anytime soon.

We have to be patient,the game is still not releas-

Oh wait...

22 posts
3,308 battles

Be a while yet from what I have seen.

Before clam wars can start up the issue of unification needs to be sorted - at the moment that means your WoT Clan will be your WoWS Flotilla which would really put a spanner in the goldz/doubloonz farming abilities of some.

can you elaborate on issues with farming gold bit pls.

do you mean if they tank, they will miss out on ships and vice versa due to time clashes?

seems that a clan "fleet" and a clan "army" are the way to go maybe.

just day dreaming... but what if you need to control a "sea" zone to exploit a "landing" zone etc.

once you have landing zones or "ports" you have "convoy routes" that can be "raided" or controlled.

open convoy route = land gold accrued.

closed convoy route= loss/50% land gold accrued.

"convoy raiders" take the balance (booty for all the scurvy sea dogs)

land locked provs do not count convoy issues? or suffer reduced amounts due to "lost trade"?

we all know, he who controls the sea, controls the land.....

just some thoughts, elaborate, add, be constructive :honoring:

168 posts
5,836 battles

do you mean if they tank, they will miss out on ships and vice versa due to time clashes?

just day dreaming... but what if you need to control a "sea" zone to exploit a "landing" zone etc.

once you have landing zones or "ports" you have "convoy routes" that can be "raided" or controlled.

land locked provs do not count convoy issues? or suffer reduced amounts due to "lost trade"?

Why stop at that?  Surely - you'd need to control the skies first too?

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

All this is subject to change (and is being lobbied to be changed):

1 Clan = 100 players shared across ALL WG titles for the cluster.

So you have a top 10 WoT CW clan - they have between 3 and 5 concurrent battles in WoT.

At the SAME time (there are only so many times available for CW) you CAN NOT be logged into WoWS - so who is going to do your WoWS CW?

As things stand when/if CW is launched for WoWS you will need to have 100 players that:

a.  Can play both ships and tanks well;

b.  Have the time to get the required vehicles in both titles;

c.  Have the required vehicles in both titles;

Your Clan will have to give up on, life, things other than WoWS/WoT, life etc to be competitive.

and so on and so on.

Leaving the competitive/CW side of things aside:

I know many that play either WoT or WoWS that are not interested in the being competitive in the other title but are good mates/play socially with those that are.

In my opinion, the unified clans aspect of unified accounts needs to be revisited and allow players to be in different clans for the different titles if they chose to be.  

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

The Idea for WG Clan kind of bad ... some ppls play only tank and some play only ship ... so what happen to this group of ppls ? they gonna have hard time finding clan
and this is not have to think about big clan strategy than have Main clan and many sub-clan that totally dominate CW provice right now

... now they can control both land and sea and it make small clan have less change to take part in CW ...

32 posts
87 battles

All this is subject to change (and is being lobbied to be changed):

1 Clan = 100 players shared across ALL WG titles for the cluster.

There's your problem. Also, allies / alt account clans. Just saying.

However, despite the above, I thought there was a push for involving more players in CWs associated activities, rather than merely consolidating the gold farming opportunities of a few? 

BTW, why do we have to jump straight to CWs for WoWs? Why not something similar to Tank Companies in WoT?

<sheds a tear for the memory of Medium and Champion TCs>

I'm, not trying to be contrary, merely trying to suggest that there's an opportunity to expand the variety of cooperative gameplay, rather than just replicating what we have in tonks in dingies. 

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
192 posts
11,461 battles

I don't like the idea of combining wot and wows for clan wars.

I don't drive tanks anymore, they rust and only have one gun with no torpedoes and die when they get wet.

Keep the two games seperate in my opinion, trying to combine the two is a recipe for disaster .

If CW's come to wows i don't want my clans results decided by a game I no longer play or care for.

Keep them seperate.

Clans can always use the upcoming training rooms for mock CW's until we get the real deal.

Until then...:izmena: