Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Thallias

US Carrier loadouts

25 comments in this topic

2 posts
3,373 battles

I really hope Wargaming sorts out these aweful carrier loadouts that the US tree have to endure. Just finished a game against a Ryujo. I got shut down and lost all my fighters. I currently have the Independence and really the only worth while loadout is the fighter package. The only advantage the US has is in the amount of aircraft in a squadron but that's offset by the number of squadrons the IJN Carriers have. He had 3 squadrons against my 2 even though we had even amount of panes, I got shut down. I have all the fighter upgrades as well. I ended up with no fighters and only 4 bombers. The extra squadron makes a huge difference when attacking fighters not to mention that he also had a torpedo and bomber squadron as well and to add insult to the injury his hanger capacity has 11 more planes than I have so can someone tell me how this is balanced??????.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

I'm a CV player for both sides and I know how it feels. Heck, even right now in my IJN, I hate going up against fighter heavy IJN CV more than USN CV. 

But teally, my bigger issue I have against USN CV is that you don't get a balanced CAG up till tier 8 Lady Lex. WG forces you to choose one role only. I have seen better CV players carry the game with fighter bomber CAG. It is still possible to play USN CV but one must have as much freedom and patience as the size and ability of USN CAG.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

The fact that the IJN CVs are still better than US CVs until tier 9 frustrate the hell out of me. War Gaming should be well  aware of the problem and now all they are doing is releasing new contents rather than fixing their game. Make me sad really

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

if you think IJN Fighter that got 3x4 agianst 2x6 is bad .. then wait and see when they got 5th skill and it will be 3x5 ... now it 15 planes instate of 12 and now even USN have 5th skill too it will only make 14 .. now USN got one less Fighter in the air ...

But for me .. Fighter vs. Fighter is not a problem that make IJN more dominate .. but it because bomber ... USN will got 1 squadron of bomber left while IJN still got 2-3 squadron

I think if they want US to be fighter focus then they should add another fighter squadron so when that 12 fighter fight each other US still got another fighter to go chase at least 1 bomber ... (well they can even make it to be 3/0/0 load out if they think 4 Squadron are too much for US)

One cries IJN OP.

Another one cries USN OP.

So which one is OP?

That topic talk about CA not CV FYI ...

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

if you think IJN Fighter that got 3x4 agianst 2x6 is bad .. then wait and see when they got 5th skill and it will be 3x5 ... now it 15 planes instate of 12 and now even USN have 5th skill too it will only make 14 .. now USN got one less Fighter in the air ...

But for me .. Fighter vs. Fighter is not a problem that make IJN more dominate .. but it because bomber ... USN will got 1 squadron of bomber left while IJN still got 2-3 squadron

I think if they want US to be fighter focus then they should add another fighter squadron so when that 12 fighter fight each other US still got another fighter to go chase at least 1 bomber ... (well they can even make it to be 3/0/0 load out if they think 4 Squadron are too much for US)

That topic talk about CA not CV FYI ...

Everyone has their own OMG OP.

Personally US CVs are more OP than IJN CVs.

USN CV strike loadouts are better than IJN CV strike loadouts.

While IJN CVs have better Fighter Loadouts than USN CVs.

Edited by Deathskyz

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

USN CV strike loadouts are better than IJN CV strike loadouts.

While IJN CVs have better Fighter Loadouts than USN CVs.

LOL.

Your OP Description to USN Carrier only applies to Lexington, Essex and Midway. Other than that, Independence, Ranger and to a less extent Bogue (Depends you want to do the Suicide Full Bomber Loadout) had very very little striking power. And it is balance out by usually 2 Big Squad of Fighters.

Unfortunately shooting down stuff give absolute S___. Thus Until you get the Lexy you are screwed. And this is why people think the Essex/Midway is OP.

Do you know how much Pain they have suffer through? Of Course they will be extremely good and it's time for them to revenge.

Other than that, OP? You kidding right?

6YmWEZy.jpg

IJN supposingly should have better strike loadout, but because WG drinks those toxic Vodka they have Zero Idea how to balance them. Starting from Ryujo, they all had 3 or even 4 Fighter Squadron - which is Absolutely insane and can even out-gun USN Fighters. Now what we have is a class that is Extremely OP in Dominating the Sky OR a "Good" Damage dealer (Use to be Extremely Good).

Plus the generally faster planes and better stealth, a Good IJN CV Captain Can and WILL turn un-winnable games to at least a draw or even a win.

Tell me this class is Balanced. Geez.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

Yes the class is balanced.

USN TBs have better spread. They are capable of landing ALL 6 of their torps. Heck even a good torp run will land around 3 to 5.

The IJN TB spread is horrible. Easily dodged and at best you can land 3. But if youre good enough to pull it off you can land 1-2 maybe 3 per squad.

Sure you can get a 2nd TB squad to make it 5-7.

Yes the IJN CVs get better Fighter loadout. The roles have seemingly reversed. Now the USN CVs are the better strikers while the IJN CVs are the better CAP.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

USN TBs have better spread. They are capable of landing ALL 6 of their torps. Heck even a good torp run will land around 3 to 5.

The IJN TB spread is horrible. Easily dodged and at best you can land 3. But if youre good enough to pull it off you can land 1-2 maybe 3 per squad.

Sure you can get a 2nd TB squad to make it 5-7.

Yes the IJN CVs get better Fighter loadout. The roles have seemingly reversed. Now the USN CVs are the better strikers while the IJN CVs are the better CAP.

Forcibly reversed, WG failed to come up with a decent balancing solution and as a result they messed up the motif for each nation's CV ships. tier 4 -8 IJN CVs doesn't really have a strike loadout. the once strike loadout mod.2 flight control is just an upgraded stock balanced setup, while USN tier 4-8 CV doesn't really have a true strike setup.

IF we look at it in a very shallow way like comparing torp spread, you can't really say they are balanced. I have once made a lenghty thread about this including the overall superiority of IJN CV re-arming speed (DPM) etc. . IJN CV is superior from tier 4-7 and tier 9 while USN lexington is superior to shokaku. tier 10s are balanced

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

LOL, no wonder WG don't give a _____ about the balance with people saying this testing their game.

CV is balanced?

Edited by Alvin1020

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

LOL, no wonder WG don't give a _____ about the balance with people saying this testing their game.

CV is balanced?

Yes the class is balanced. Unless you want to give the IJN CVs their old spread back?

Unless you talk about CVs balance against other ships.

But the 2 nations are relatively balanced to each other.

Edited by Deathskyz

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

Forcibly reversed, WG failed to come up with a decent balancing solution and as a result they messed up the motif for each nation's CV ships. tier 4 -8 IJN CVs doesn't really have a strike loadout. the once strike loadout mod.2 flight control is just an upgraded stock balanced setup, while USN tier 4-8 CV doesn't really have a true strike setup.

IF we look at it in a very shallow way like comparing torp spread, you can't really say they are balanced. I have once made a lenghty thread about this including the overall superiority of IJN CV re-arming speed (DPM) etc. . IJN CV is superior from tier 4-7 and tier 9 while USN lexington is superior to shokaku. tier 10s are balanced

The meta has changed. Meta changes in every game. Bad players will complain about it, the good ones adapt to the meta change. Just like in WoT... or SC2.. or DOTA.. or CSGO you know what pretty much all games.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

The meta has changed. Meta changes in every game. Bad players will complain about it, the good ones adapt to the meta change. Just like in WoT... or SC2.. or DOTA.. or CSGO you know what pretty much all games.

LOL. I can't help but laugh at your statement. Comparing a well-oiled and decently balanced MOBA game with hundreds of hero to choose from and running for years(with decent devs) changing meta to a game barely out of the oven with only 2 CV tree to choose from?

But anyways, the point of the OP was the comparison between IJN CV vs USN CV being imbalanced, and the answer is he is right and well backed up. Your simple comparison between the two nation's torpedo spread and using it as a basis for their supposed balanced loadouts is very shallow.

Edited by Deicide

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

But anyways, the point of the OP was the comparison between IJN CV vs USN CV being imbalanced, and the answer is he is right and well backed up. Your simple comparison between the two nation's torpedo spread and using it as a basis for their supposed balanced loadouts is very shallow.

Yes because HURR DURR I LOST ONE BATTLE BECOZ MY PLANES WEEREE SHOOTED DOWN SO I MAD THEREFORE I MAKE POST IJN CV OP USN UP.

Yup. Thats a well backed up post.

By that logic, my Nagato needs to be buffed to have 20km secondaries because I got killed by a Russian DD at 2km.

Torpedoes OP pls nerf becoz I take 8 hits from them and I dieded very hard.

See... well backed up post.

But hey, to each his own. So I'll leave it here.

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/8658-major-overhaul-for-carriers/

Edited by Deathskyz

[SB]
116 posts
12,436 battles

Yes because HURR DURR I LOST ONE BATTLE BECOZ MY PLANES WEEREE SHOOTED DOWN SO I MAD THEREFORE I MAKE POST IJN CV OP USN UP.

By that logic, my Nagato needs to be buffed to have 20km secondaries because I got killed by a Russian DD at 2km.

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/8658-major-overhaul-for-carriers/

Err, even that thread acknowledges that loadouts needs addressing.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Dude you are talking to one of the few Midway captains in this server

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

Just because one has a Tier 10 doesnt mean they're good. Deicide is pretty good but it seems to be the exception and not the rule. He has his opinion I have my own and we cant agree.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

care to read the OP's post again and his intended message? I think you went astray and off topic.

Dude you are talking to one of the few Midway captains in this server

na, there's quite number of midway players now, not as much as hakuryu though. even how hard the path to USN CV tier 10 seems to be, a lot of players can simply close their eyes and do 2k games + doubloon power to midway .

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

na, there's quite number of midway players now, not as much as hakuryu though. even how hard the path to USN CV tier 10 seems to be, a lot of players can simply close their eyes and do 2k games + doubloon power to midway .

All them Yamato's who have no idea how to play their ships...

Sign in to follow this