Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RazorWolf88

World of warship ship class possible revision/suggestion

6 comments in this topic

1 post
893 battles

As the title suggest, it's just a possible revision or suggestion to the developers.

I have checked the internet database for the United States and Imperial Japanese naval ship classes of World War I and World War II and have the following Ideas.

My suggestion is move the Omaha class cruiser to tier IV and balance it out to make it fair then Implement the St Louis class cruiser (Photo attached) in tier V, then keep the Cleveland at tier VI. basically tier IV-VI are light cruisers.
Then drop the pensacola class and replace it with the Northampton class as its a stepping stone to the new orleans class. Keep the baltimore at tier IX and maybe replace the des moines class with the Alaska Class battlecruiser (photo attached of USS Guam).

* Tier VII to X are heavy cruisers.

For the Japanese Navy.. I would drop the Izumo and put the Yamato there as it should face the Iowa class while the Montana Class should face the Super Yamato (Photo attached) - basically a Yamato hull with 3 turrets armed with twin 510mm (20.1inch) main guns.

Also the Fuso should technically face the New York class battleship of the US navy since it was primary built by the Japanese Navy to outmatch the said US Battleship in historical terms.

USS_St._Louis_(CL-49).jpg

Guam_shakedown.jpg

10212850b.jpg

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

My suggestion is move the Omaha class cruiser to tier IV and balance it out to make it fair then Implement the St Louis class cruiser (Photo attached) in tier V

[Edited: At first thought is tire 3 Pre dreadnought St Louis lol but if it that CL_49 I am fine with that but Omaha on tier 4 would

gonna make more player rant.]

For the Japanese Navy.. I would drop the Izumo and put the Yamato there as it should face the Iowa class while the Montana Class should face the Super Yamato (Photo attached) - basically a Yamato hull with 3 turrets armed with twin 510mm (20.1inch) main guns.

[2nd F4CEP4LM 16" vs 20.1"]

Edited by davud1537

621 posts
2,271 battles

My suggestion is move the Omaha class cruiser to tier IV and balance it out to make it fair then Implement the St Louis class cruiser (Photo attached) in tier V

[Edited: At first thought is tire 3 Pre dreadnought St Louis lol but if it that CL_49 I am fine with that but Omaha on tier 4 would

gonna make more player rant.]

[2nd F4CEP4LM 16" vs 20.1"]

There are a lot of different St Louis class cruisers, the one at T3 is a different one from the one he's talking about

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

As the title suggest, it's just a possible revision or suggestion to the developers.

I have checked the internet database for the United States and Imperial Japanese naval ship classes of World War I and World War II and have the following Ideas.

My suggestion is move the Omaha class cruiser to tier IV and balance it out to make it fair then Implement the St Louis class cruiser (Photo attached) in tier V, then keep the Cleveland at tier VI. basically tier IV-VI are light cruisers.
Then drop the pensacola class and replace it with the Northampton class as its a stepping stone to the new orleans class. Keep the baltimore at tier IX and maybe replace the des moines class with the Alaska Class battlecruiser (photo attached of USS Guam).

* Tier VII to X are heavy cruisers.

Also the Fuso should technically face the New York class battleship of the US navy since it was primary built by the Japanese Navy to outmatch the said US Battleship in historical terms.

Do note, WG are planning separate trees for both CAs and CLs later on, so shuffling the current Cruiser tree would probs be too much of a hassle since they will eventually get their dedicated trees.

On the topic of Super Yamato, I believe 18"/480mm is the limit they will go.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Inb4 nerf the RoF of CL-49 St. Louis due to OP. Frankly, it will outgun the tier 5 Furutaka (1929 fitting) 6 x single 203mm gun. Plus, dev might not keep Cleveland at tier 6 because it's broken as rumor said.

CL-49 is better for another line at tier 8 rather than re-balance the current lone Cruiser line. Or after dev have decided & implemented the Cruiser Split into Light Cruiser & Heavy Cruiser line.

Edited by Mingfang47

Sign in to follow this