You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FrankTheShip

Critical Error

9 comments in this topic

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

so that's it?

"critical error" 

"once per day"

"mac wrapper"

probably one of the most insightful and useful bug reports the devs will ever see.....not

64 posts
10,600 battles

ok, this one wasn't from the critical error bug, but something else, below is the backtrace report it showed as a log to report.

EDIT. 

Modified to remove report and add it as an attachement

backtrace151009.txt

Edited by FrankTheShip

103 posts
3,940 battles

Mate, please don't dump it into the text box for the post - dump it to a text file and attach that to your post.

You say you're using a Mac. Macs aren't officially supported for gaming using WINE, and while it may work, it is not recommended. Consider using Boot Camp or save some money and build your own gaming rig.

You are unlikely to get support because you're using WINE, WarGaming may be able to assist but do not be offended if you get a "we do not support running the game through WINE on Mac OS X".

I'd be glad to assist if you were using Windows, but my Mac knowledge is limited. Sorry.

64 posts
10,600 battles

Hi Coburn

no problem, the error message just said to report it, so thought it might help.  I did look for an attach file option as it would of been easier, but i couldn't find an option that says attach to do so :(    

Actually found it now, have to use the Full Editor mode to see the option. Will do that in future :)

Edited by FrankTheShip

103 posts
3,940 battles

No problem, I would possibly out that error message as something like WINE being a little dumb with instruction handling. It's gotta turn DirectX calls and such into OpenGL calls that the Mac GPU drivers can understand.

If the game works and you get that error once a day, then it's harmless but if the game crashes all the time with that error then sure, it needs to be addressed.

4 posts
190 battles

though to myself "YES! i can play World of WarShips with my friend!"

apparently not... "The data obtained from update service is incorrect" wtf

I was excited to play...now i'm not if this is what i'm greeted with....please tell me how to fix this problem. I really want to play this game and team up with my friend.

I have a mac and well it's able to run WarThunder on near high graphics with little fuss but not this?

8 posts
197 battles

though to myself "YES! i can play World of WarShips with my friend!"

apparently not... "The data obtained from update service is incorrect" wtf

I was excited to play...now i'm not if this is what i'm greeted with....please tell me how to fix this problem. I really want to play this game and team up with my friend.

I have a mac and well it's able to run WarThunder on near high graphics with little fuss but not this?

The exact same thing is happening to me. Can someone please help to solve this issue?