JollyGood

WoT account and the use of Gold and Silver in WoW

16 comments in this topic

62 posts
1,454 battles

I know this has been asked but... anyone ANY idea, now WoW is 'live', WHEN we can expect to be able to cross-transfer or use WoT Gold and credits?  it happens already with Prem

The idea always, I understood, for all WG platforms was to easily use Gold/Credits in any of their games - and timeline?  cheers

62 posts
1,454 battles

The last I read was early 2016, no date given, it may be gold, it may be both gold and xp, again, no real indications on what direction they will go with.

+1 for a sensible answer thanks

I don't play WoT much and will stop completely if I can use the resources in WoW but I do have 78m credits and 17k gold

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,306 battles

The last I read was early 2016, no date given, it may be gold, it may be both gold and xp, again, no real indications on what direction they will go with.

Mind sharing where you read that?

55 posts
3,922 battles

Premium account applies across both WoT and WoWs.  So, if you have gold in WoT and want to somehow transfer it to WoWs, you can always just buy premium account in WoT and save having to spend WoWs Dubloons on it.  Unfortunately, at the moment, that is the only way of using any currency, resources or progress you have accumulated in WoT in WoWs. 

62 posts
1,454 battles

Credits are not shared between games, prem time, gold and free XP are supposed to be shared ( or will be hopefully)

well at least that would be something... I cant even share credits between my WoT accounts which I think is wrong but nothing can be done 

hopefully Gold and free exp eventually 

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,306 battles

Given that the vast majority of my WOT gold was purchased with real, hard earned money I certainly expect it to carry equal value in WOWS. That was how it was explained years ago when they first announced the unified thing. Devaluing it now would be nothing short of robbery. 

My refusal to spend any more on Wargaming products hinges on this. If they would allow access to what I've already paid in, I would be much more willing to spend more in the future. I did make an exception with the pre-order package, with that in mind.

Of course, I've said all this before and have been quite since. That doesn't mean I'm not going to keep an eye on these threads and reassert my opinion.

Edited by xamdam

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

WG (In Russian): We are working on it and such feature may be implemented in 2016. Please patiently wait as it involves a lot of parties.

Translation: We want you to spend more $$$ to get doubloons here! So screw you, We are delaying it until we have enough to get more Vodka first!

Edited by Alvin1020

62 posts
1,454 battles

Given that the vast majority of my WOT gold was purchased with real, hard earned money I certainly expect it to carry equal value in WOWS. That was how it was explained years ago when they first announced the unified thing. Devaluing it now would be nothing short of robbery. 

My refusal to spend any more on Wargaming products hinges on this. If they would allow access to what I've already paid in, I would be much more willing to spend more in the future. I did make an exception with the pre-order package, with that in mind.

Of course, I've said all this before and have been quite since. That doesn't mean I'm not going to keep an eye on these threads and reassert my opinion.

Totally agree +1   I'm waiting 

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Then it's a Catch-22. Screwed if they give us full value. Screwed if they don't.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Then it's a Catch-22. Screwed if they give us full value. Screwed if they don't.

No, they simply should live up to undertakings they made earlier. Seems fairly clear to me they're simply milking people as much as they can. Should sales of doubloons dry up then they'll allow gold to be used because it won't be seen as costing them anything.

Of course that's all based on the expectations THEY created. Had they never said anything about 'unified accounts' nobody would have a right to expect otherwise. But they did, and they should deliver on it.

None of which will concern them one bit, I imagine.

Fairly transparent and fairly contemptible.