Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Conan

We Need Newsletter Writers

28 comments in this topic

WG Staff
606 posts
447 battles

Hello players,

We're looking in to creating a weekly publication in the form of a newsletter and we were wondering if you will be willing and dedicated in to helping us out.

It's quite simple, really. You (or your team) will create a newsletter filled with content mainly about World of Warships and submit it for approval. Once approved it's posted under your name(s). 

This will be a test pilot for Warships and it will be in English only for now. 

If you think you have what it takes, please let me know... even better, you may present a sample newsletter in your post, should you be interested. 

If you have questions about this project, please feel free to comment below and I will do my best to answer them.

Thank you! 

This is part of the Community Contributor Program (Special Projects)

Alpha Tester
105 posts
428 battles

A Poi-son in the Chat

CG

World of Warships allows historical aficionados with a chance to re-live the great battles of the past, and communicate with fellow naval fans in discussing about their favorite ships, battles, and navies during World War 2. This article is not about them, rather it is for a different collection of fans. These people also love ships, but they differ in that they are lovers of the  anthropomorphic personification of said ships as fictionalized in a most anime-sque form.

Memes allow for the simplest way of expressing ideas, and they express their fanaticism with the utterance ad nauseum of the phrase "Poi" among the chat. For those who are unfamiliar with the term but are nonetheless nonplussed about why so many players spam these three letters, "poi" is the catchphrase of a popular girl in this anime and she is the personification of the IJN Yudachi (A Shiratsuyu-class destroyer, essentially an upgraded Hatsuharu). What it exactly means is, colloquially at least, the Japanese equivalent of a stereotypical California girl abusing the word "Like". A word that a person uses when she is unsure but, like, she has to say it anyway. I hope this clears up the confusion of those who googled "what is poi" and was directed to the Hawaiian dish.

Usage of this term shows an appreciation for a Japanese phenomenon, and if you like cute things then you might well try to see what it's all about for yourself. For the rest of us, it is just another example of spam. Much like abuse of the new voice commands, it can discourage team play. If you care for the game and you insist on using this term, please keep it to a minimum as a courtesy to those who wish to concentrate on the battle.

Love for the ships comes in many forms, and the World of Warships community is open to all who loves warships! Set sail and float out, poi!

(oh wow pressing tab doesn't indent and space afterwards changes the page. Whoops. There goes my clever attempt at making a newsletter thing)

Edited by ChaosGhost

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Hmm... I think I can polish my brain for this... probably.

Although I can roll as one of the content.

Edited by EvyL

Alpha Tester
105 posts
428 battles

Someone could probably go and be an investigative journalist and harass players. If there's groping involved I can volunteer for that job :v

First article for that segment: Custom ranks. What possessed you into asking Conana into changing your forum rank into what you have now. :trollface:

(Also: A speculative article as to WHEN WILL CONANA DO HIS PROMISED CROSSDRESSING COSPLAY)

Edited by ChaosGhost

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Interesting if it's a weekly thing - I'll have a go. I like writing stuff. (Again...

As for an example, I am a bit lazy to write another one when I just write a Mega-Post a few days ago.

So here's one.

Edited by Alvin1020

1,230 posts
2,359 battles

I got this Conana!

My own sample (I'm gonna make up, but it's about Wowsheeps)

Historical Battles

Ahoy! fellow captians and sailors, we think you know some nice piece of information about battle in the high seas. Some of you would know about Denmark strait. CV fans should know about Midway and some would know about the drunk-matchmaker-match Battle off Samar (Part of the fight at Leyte Gulf). Well, the point is, don't you want to change the fate of Hood, or help the Bismarck to survive, or even save Akagi-Senpai from her terrible fate at Midway. Well, of course you can. In the upcoming patch (1.2.3.4), we will implement Historical Battles. The main idea about it is, to arrange a team like how it happened in the history (For Midway it would be, 1st side=4CVs=4Tier7s, and the rest would be other support ships). Of course, the carriers won't be situated too far from each other thou. The way that you can play historical battles is, for example, Midway, if you're gonna be a Soryuu or a Hiryuu, you should have researched to the IJN CV line to tier 7 and if you want to be Yamato, providing AA support, you should well reach tier X to be able to play it. From the interface, just select the ship that you like, for example: I want to be Soryuu, I would select the Hiryuu in my port and change the mode selector to Historical Battles, Then I'll select the Midway islands battle scence, after that I would just select that I would be Soryuu. Then wait, and then our MM will find you your perfect room. You can play as you wish, but keep in mind that you are very important to your team and don't forget about teamwork captains :p

See you on the high seas

World of Warships Newsletter Team

1st Issue Oct 6,2015

:P I hope it's good enough conana-sama

P.S. I should say that lets save Conana sama from his terrible fate huehuehue

2ndP.S. HAIL CONANA AND HAIL VADIM 

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Seems, not too many people are keen on this XD

We'll see... 

And here I am badposting within the history section that slightly amused dead man walking...

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

And here I am badposting within the history section that slightly amused dead man walking...

I think Conan mean we all do not qualify :sceptic:

1,230 posts
2,359 battles

We are more concerned with blue line cheaters than a news letter

well, all u can do is wait

and for real, I think that newsletter is also important

Edited by Conkhead_12

126 posts
2,724 battles

I would like to write an article if I could about the need for players to be able to facilitate gaming groups and having that concept championed by the WoWs Forum Community and Administration. The need or want to join player groups will always exist when a forum exists for the sole purpose of facilitating group discussion about a particular game. The fact that no software exists currently to support "Clans" within World of Warships is completely irrelevant to the needs of the players of this community that wish to form gaming groups or wish to be part of a gaming group. The organizers of these groups should enjoy the full support of the community and the full support of the Administration of the central hub of this gaming community. So far this has not been the case, until this facility is provided for this community I will continue to lobby for one.

I wish to write an article on this subject.

Dan  

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I used to do this way back in the days of University, penned something quick up as a sample.

The smell of cordite filled the air. The ventilation in the number two gun of the Omaha class vessel was poor at the best of times.

Able seaman, Ken Pollard looked at the cramped confines of the mount of the gun. General quarters had been called half an hour ago. 

Typical, the call to alert had come during chow time. Worse was the food was actually good today, corned bully beef and some tatters. Good food days were a rarity on the ship. If the imperials were not shooting at us, our own cooks were trying to poison us.
Looking up at the commander, Ken griped "Ensign, you think those Imperials will stand and fight this time?"
Ensign Danny looked down from his perch above the seaman. The Ensign looks as fatigued as the rest of the men in the gun mount. The alarm for general quarters had been going on and off for the past few days and all the sailors were on edge. "Doubt it". The Ensign looks through his slot to where the gun is pointing, "There is just so much smoke and fog surrounding these islands. Those imperials surely wont strike at our battle fleet this time."

Seaman Ken nods at the Ensigns words which seem to settle him down.

The alert for general quarters sounds again, indicating to stand down.

Smiling up at the Ensign, Ken relaxes, "You were right Ensign, it seems those Imperial bastards turned tail to Toyo's bosom". Smiles appear on all the gun crews faces as the tension leaves them.

A voice echoes out from high above, "Torpedoes!"

Crewmen run to the port side to look in horror as a spread of torpedo's silently appear out of the fog on a direct line for the cruiser.

[TF44]
22 posts
8,284 battles
I can help. I can write on any topic however it would be better if a topic is nominated. Newbie news, interface interaction and CA/CL are my favourite subjects.

219 posts
3,358 battles

Hello players,

We're looking in to creating a weekly publication in the form of a newsletter ............ filled with content mainly about World of Warships.

Thank you! 

This is part of the Community Contributor Program (Special Projects)

Conan,

It depends upon what the parameters are; How many words? What subjects do you want covered? Reality or fiction? Personal opinion or fact? and so forth.

"Mainly about" WoWs covers a very large area, so can you be more specific please?

I have several years (seems like decades!) experience in both online & offline journalism - game reviews, product reviews and simulation-specific web information - and currently edit a monthly (print media) bulletin.

Cheers!

Edited by HenryCrun

Sign in to follow this