Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

A carrier question please

8 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

G'day all,

This might be a bit of a noob question but I'll ask anyway.

I was in a match with my Langley and a player on the opposite team had the same, we were the only 2 carriers in the match yet he seemed to have 2 squadrons of fighters, 2 of torpedo bombers and 1 dive bomber. As this is my first carrier I thought it was limited to 1 fighter and 1 torpedo bomber squadron so am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance for any answers and advice.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

Langley only has one loadout 1 fighter and 1 Torpedo squadron there must've been a second CV.

Edited by Epicurus_

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I don't really know what you meaning, there no such low tier CV have 2 Fgt CAG, 2 TB and 1 DB, the only possible answer is you are in a 2 CV vs 2 CV game it not is there any screenshots?

753 posts
8,965 battles

Thank you all for your replies and I thought I must have been mistaken but it just happened again so I checked everything stated here and there was definitely only me and only one Langley on the enemy team. This time he had 2 fighter squadrons and 2 torpedo squadrons so I am at a loss as to what is going on.

Could it be that he has all his captain skills but is just playing with the Langley and do maxed captain skills give you more squadrons? 

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Thank you all for your replies and I thought I must have been mistaken but it just happened again so I checked everything stated here and there was definitely only me and only one Langley on the enemy team. This time he had 2 fighter squadrons and 2 torpedo squadrons so I am at a loss as to what is going on.

Could it be that he has all his captain skills but is just playing with the Langley and do maxed captain skills give you more squadrons? 

A USS Langley only could have 1 Fighter CAG and 1 Torpedo bomber loadout if you don't believe me you could go to tech tree and look for it moduels and read it stats on there. Also even with Commanders skills it does not give you xtra squadrons only add +1 planes only.

Sign in to follow this