Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

We need Another Consumable (Defensive Secondary Fire)

Approve or Not?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. You want to like this Consumable?

• Yes (since Destroyers are a b(BEEP)
    • Neither, its useful for Carriers and sruff
    • Nah, i'll still go on Defensive AA Fire

16 comments in this topic

1,825 posts
8,021 battles

We all have Problems on Destroying Destroyers, so i planned for this Consumable as another Defensive method against Destroyers,Cruisers (With torpedo arnament) and Battleships. Its simple, it will Rapid-Fire for 20 seconds and it will burst like for 0.5 seconds of "Secondary turrets" which can be useful if a Destroyer is Around (OFC Carriers are the problem here)....

So...Yes or No or Neither?

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Before I going in my reasoning for disagreeing, I'll mention that the main problem with secondaries (in my opinion) is accuracy rather than RoF.

Example: Back in CBT, my Yamato with all secondary focused upgrades. 582 shots fired but only 111 landed.

1mMVOHj.png

Now, my reasons for disagreeing with this idea are as follows:

1. Its already hard enough for later tier DDs to get kills as torps spamming less viable due to the increase in reload, they dont need another in-direct nerf. 

2. On Cruisers, Defensive AA is too valuable IMO to be replaced with a boost to secondaries. 

Though I would take this on close range Battleships e.g Warspite, but not at the cost of losing my Damage Repair Party.

Beta Tester
49 posts
4,044 battles

I think the skill for Captain is enough for time being .

Level 1

- Basic Firing

Level 4

- Advance Firing

No need others such as consumable for secondaries...

Also you can put secondary upgrade at your selected ship to boost it .

Edited by lordbals03

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

The biggest problem IMO is the secondary guns are useless for the tiers that arguably need them, specifically the lower tier BBs (up to tier 5, to be frank).

The main guns struggle to hit something as small as a DD (or USN cruisers like Omaha) such that they can charge you quite safely. You spend 30 seconds reloading while they waltz in and torp you (hell, IJN DDs don't even need to get detected). Plus their secondary gun ranges are laughably useless. USN tiers 4-5 only have 3 secondary guns per side, too. They can and are charged by Murmansk/Omaha easily and effectively. Seen it happen many, many times, and had it done to me, too.

At higher tiers all the BBs are reasonably fast enough to allow making closing the range harder, and their guns are more reliable.

WG's idea of balance seems to have been to make low tier BBs a [redacted] sandwich you chew to get higher tier ones that are far more potent.

As for a consumable? No. I don't like the whole "consumable to do something you'd do as a matter of course" design choice in the first place, and secondly I'd suggest using consumables to try to compensate for a weakness makes less sense than one to accentuate a strength UNLESS the weakness is so bad that if you don't the vessel is useless, and if THAT is true it's a design/balance fail by WG that players shouldn't be having to deal with.

Edited by Steeltrap

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

maybe not defensive fire at enemy ship but instate concentrate secondary fire at incoming torp ...

Lol. That idea only works in cartoons, no reason why it should be made to work in game.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

We all have Problems on Destroying Destroyers,...

I do? Why did nobody ever tell me about this?

Think of all the time I could've used on coming up with random ideas rather than wasting it blowing DDs out of the water...

A life time of wasted opportunities.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Would be interesting if we could have manual secondary fire mode.

No.

As it happens, it was discussed in Alpha, closed beta and open beta.

Won't happen.

It would be great for BBs if it did, but ONLY if the secondary guns were better when aimed manually than when the auto system does it.

I suspect they've made them so appallingly bad by giving them HUGE dispersion values.

If that's the case, aiming them yourself would only illustrate how completely RNG they are, lol.

Edited by Steeltrap

423 posts
3,175 battles

well, I think it could be okay, if, well, just IF, the RNG didn't turn it to be the Somalian fire from the hip AK style secondary...

then maybe, move up the torp range on the USN DD so that could be beyond the range of dectection? If so, then everyone would play USN DD for it has superb guns, now got superb torp too?

remember that balancing issue is always an issue...

Sign in to follow this