You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
daddy4x4

Broken Chat

5 comments in this topic

69 posts
2,225 battles

Not sure why this is still going on & how often it occurs. I've pretty much given up on WOWS chat system as nearly every time I try to get on chat it's not working or if I can get into a channel it crashes when I try to post something.

Why is it so hard to have working WOWS cha? It works fine on WOT.

:(

724 posts
2,179 battles

Are you talking about the in game chat,or the port screen chat? (The windowed one)

And by crash do you mean the game or something else?

69 posts
2,225 battles

Sorry for not replying sooner.

I'm talking about port screen chat. It either won't open a channel I get msg ( problem with chat, we're working on it) or it opens the channel, but when I click to add a reply nothing happens or it closes back to chat error screen. Game works fine, no crashes to desktop.

My AV is ESETs smart security which has never had any issue with games or chat before.

Can't seem to pin down why this happens, I put it down to a developer issue= work in progress.

Thanks for replies.

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Hello, I'm bumping the thread because gonna report the same one, to make gather data for the bug hunter.

Issue:   In-Port Chat Function bugs

Screenshots: -
Ship: -
Map: -
OccurrencesAlways happening
Tested: Easily produce the bug
Severity: Not game breaking, but super annoying
Details: 

•  Problem 1 = If you open a chat box of whatever the channel your opening, it's still fine, work as intended. Not closing (or minimize) the Chat Box, you play some matches. When you get back from matches, and want to do some chatting, your chat box history chat are missing/blank. You cannot see the past chat, to see what your friends had been writing, it's just blank. This can be happening after 1 match, or more. To produce the bug, the number of matches you had to play is variable. Sometimes just need 1 matches, sometimes need more. But for sure, it will happen at some point. To re-appear the chat history, you can fix it temporary by leave the chat channel and rejoin. The history chat will be in there ... BUT, it lead to problem no 2.
  • Problem 2 = When you leave a chat channel and rejoin. Your own chat history in that channel are missing. I will make example of it. So please fix it, as it's quite annoying.

Example :

ABCD CHANNEL

Me : Hello

Friend : Hello

Me : Want some division ?

Friend : No, I still leveling other ship class on lower Tier.

Me : Ok, but do you intent to do some division later ?

Friend : I dunno, maybe next hour ?

Me : Ok, let's see if in next hour I still had sometime to play.

Friend : Ok.

Me : Goodluck.

Friend : :)

Then when I leave that channel and rejoin, this is happening on my screen.

ABCD CHANNEL

Friend : Hello

Friend : No, I still leveling other ship class on lower Tier.

Friend : I dunno, maybe next hour ?

Friend : Ok.

Friend : :)

Edited by MissMeMiss