Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

invisi-fire by ichase

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Won't work until you get AFT for your DD's captains to boost that firing range by 20%, and perhaps shell out cash for camo. Mahan has a detectability of 7.9km, plus a firing detectability addition of 3.8km (7.9 + 3.8 =11.7), with its current max gun range of 11.7km, you need that boost :(

Edited by Blitzkreig95

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Hmmmm.... Now that explain the HE flying off from water I found a lot ....

First I just think they use smoke .. ( Invisible smoke by game mechanic ... ) 

but seem like you really need DD that got good gun ...

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

^

This would benefit greatly from starting with the question "what is important to the audience?" and working backwards.

So, what's important to the audience?

I would suggest it's the following: at what ranges can I fire on an enemy and NOT be detected due to using my guns?

"Hi everyone, here is the info you need to know about the ranges at which you can shoot the enemy and not be spotted. There are several numbers, because they depend on training of commander, use of camo and also modules/upgrades....etc etc".

"Also, if you're playing AGAINST these ships, be aware of the ranges at which they can do this to you".

"If you'd like to understand more about HOW these numbers are calculated, jump to this part of the video".

I watched 8 minutes and STILL don't have a comprehensive picture of those numbers that actually matter.

Not that it matters to me, but some feedback for them.

Edited by Steeltrap

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Won't work until you get AFT for your DD's captains to boost that firing range by 20%, and perhaps shell out cash for camo. Mahan has a detectability of 7.9km, plus a firing detectability addition of 3.8km (7.9 + 3.8 =11.7), with its current max gun range of 11.7km, you need that boost :(

Personally, I'd rather go for the one that makes a damaged Engine/Rudder works.

Thats another 4 points of your commander.

And also, doing these invisi-fire requires a lot of work and luck while having little reward. Might as well charge up a bit to ~8-10km to do "Visi-fire" that is ever-so slightly easier, although you still do crap.

But at least you can catch some DDs at that range.

This should not, I repeat, NOT, be encouraged.

Signed,

A BB driver

The shell travel time around that 12-14km range is around 20 seconds. Just wiggle and he will not hit you. And even so it either get absorbed or do 500 damage.

Also, the 5 inch shell had a 5% Fire Chance, which is abysmal. 

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i remember in cbt that i can do invisi-fire with my tier 9 flecher. back then i got demolition instead of range and  concealment expertise.

1,126 posts

wow.... looks like someone found hole in the system.

may be some fix for rapid fire gun?

if you fire main gun Detectability increase for 20 sec (i.e. +4 km)

and if you fire again within that 20 sec, detectability increase even further i.e. from +4 to +6 km) time will reset

and if you fire again within that 20 sec form second firing, detectability increase even greater. (i.e. from +6 to +9 ~~~~~++)

and on, and on, and on

and of cause it have to has a limit, like no matter how many rapid fire they are, their conceal never exceed xx km for example.

this should broke their back.

i mean.... it's crazy to being hit but unable to see who hit you, this is main gun, not a torpedoes.

even human sniper have a rules that must change position after few or first shot.

but... well, Concealment expert are not easy to get by anyway. except that you use the same commander for every DD from tier 1 to 10.

Edited by PGM991

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Personally, I'd rather go for the one that makes a damaged Engine/Rudder works.

Thats another 4 points of your commander.

And also, doing these invisi-fire requires a lot of work and luck while having little reward. Might as well charge up a bit to ~8-10km to do "Visi-fire" that is ever-so slightly easier, although you still do crap.

But at least you can catch some DDs at that range.

The shell travel time around that 12-14km range is around 20 seconds. Just wiggle and he will not hit you. And even so it either get absorbed or do 500 damage.

Also, the 5 inch shell had a 5% Fire Chance, which is abysmal. 

Unfortunately you' may well be  right...I've played many games where I've tried in vain to invisi fire at the enemy in my Mahan and I may have wasted my 4 points (perhaps the Benson will redeem my faith in this tactic?)

Problem with this tactic is three things - aircraft, slow shells and stealthy IJN DD's

Even if you try your best to stay invisible and out of detection range, you will inevitably get spotted by Carrier planes and stealthier DD's that will ruin your invisibility.

What makes it worse is that the Mahan has a slow speed of 35.4knots, which given the amounts of Clevelands and Mogamis with their deadly 6" guns to deal with at this tier, is somewhat frustrating to try escape with in sticky situations. The Farragut at least had her 37 knot speed, and I have no idea why the Mahan doesn't have her 37 know historical speed.

(For the Mahan with advanced firing training, her gun range is 14km, and her firing detection range is 7.9 + 3.8 = 11.7km (non A.F.T gunnery range))

To make life harder, the shells of these 5" paper guns (even with the buff they are fragile and will get knocked out easily) travel slow, which makes aiming at fast ships at range very hard, 1 course correction and they are sweet. The only viable targets being slow BB's.

The only way to make games profitable in USN DD's (mainly the Mahan, Farragut was surprisingly alright) is to either stay away from engagements and survive on full health/minimal damage dealt or the opposite of going suicidal and torping something while getting sunk yourself....

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Well at least RU DD will be superior in terms of doing Invisi-firing now, making USN DD even more useless.

They are buffing their torpedo range, but from like 5km to 6km is basically meaningless - You still get spotted before you can launch them.

And now that the King of "Gunboat" (Which is IMO, a stupid idea in the first place - Why don't you just play a Cruiser?) is RU DD, I still cannot recommend USN DD to anyone.

Or unless you get to Tier 8, in which your torpedoes are usable (Which is contradictory to the "Gunboat" concept, funnily enough).

DDs this game..... *Sigh*

And I am sure people will argue historically they are a kind of support ship, but I'd argue why suddenly we all go "Historical"? This is a game, right?

Same goes to CV, but completely the reverse.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Well at least RU DD will be superior in terms of doing Invisi-firing now, making USN DD even more useless.

They are buffing their torpedo range, but from like 5km to 6km is basically meaningless - You still get spotted before you can launch them.

And now that the King of "Gunboat" (Which is IMO, a stupid idea in the first place - Why don't you just play a Cruiser?) is RU DD, I still cannot recommend USN DD to anyone.

Or unless you get to Tier 8, in which your torpedoes are usable (Which is contradictory to the "Gunboat" concept, funnily enough).

DDs this game..... *Sigh*

And I am sure people will argue historically they are a kind of support ship, but I'd argue why suddenly we all go "Historical"? This is a game, right?

Same goes to CV, but completely the reverse.

not really. from what I see so far, USN DD still trumps as the best DD killing machine. RU DDs are overrated and i've not seen anyone yet match their expectation. They are easy to handle and can easily be spotted. Their only choice is to go at the very edge of their range, pray no aircraft or DD is nearby, then start shooting while hoping that ship doesnt turn away from its meager damage. they are weak that I'm expecting a buff for them soon,

Sign in to follow this