Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EvyL

So... it seems the RUdevs were churning it up

45 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,677 posts

2qvv8kp.jpg

One of the days, I hope I can join archive raiders in information hunting.

That is all.

Edited by EvyL

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

So Apparently they think DDs are a "Support" class.

God knows how USN DD "Support" people by doing 500 damage per salvo (That is if you hit in the first place!) and set people on fire after probably 100 hits. Even funnier they said use the AA on them - Fair enough, but your game caculate reward by damage, so you are telling me "Don't play it"?

RU DD are for ambush...? Ummm, doesn't Every single DD do that really well? Also, Good luck with the 4km Torpedo before you get something that is usable.

Invisible fire is probably the thing they are good at. And more reason not to play USN DD now. GG WG!

IJN DD, probably the only remotely viable class. Reason being they have Great torpedo that Actually do effective damage if the enemy are "Underwhelming".

Which also said a lot about how sad DD is actually is in the current state. :honoring:

Even the Devs said to have a "Big Influence" in a battle you need to play the Completely balanced CVs and Hard Mode BBs.

This is called "Balance". Wow man, I think I should apply for WG too.

Anyway, put that aside, looking forward to the PvE content. But God knows when is "2 or 3 Big Patches". Mid-2016, just as I expected I guess.

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

It does sort of read "If you want to matter, play BB; if you want fun, play DD and CA. For the single biggest impact, however, play CVs (and if you want balance, play something another game, LOL)"

There's always the potential for translation issues.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

So Apparently they think DDs are a "Support" class.

God knows how USN DD "Support" people by doing 500 damage per salvo (That is if you hit in the first place!) and set people on fire after probably 100 hits. Even funnier they said use the AA on them - Fair enough, but your game caculate reward by damage, so you are telling me "Don't play it"?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DVbIKmg.jpg

PwjXawj.jpg

Zt4hHVm.jpg

SJQwoR1.jpg

dSr8uJg.jpg

OqBh8eA.jpg

Edited by Retia

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Heh , then Retia you better get a RU DD with the glorious 130mm~

Judging from the Grem's gun peformance, Oh dear USN DD.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

I still can't adjust to the fact Retia likes to hug people in boats.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I don't have enough port slots for them.

I still can't adjust to the fact Retia likes to hug people in boats.

Hug people? :hiding:

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Sell a CV then

No thanks, I like my CV, it's a bucket that regularly gets filled with the tears of 08/15 CV players.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Judging from the Grem's gun peformance, Oh dear USN DD.

If the raw stats are to be believed, the tier 5 Soviet DD is not as good as the premium Soviet DD (which is the same class).

Makes sense.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

If the raw stats are to be believed, the tier 5 Soviet DD is not as good as the premium Soviet DD (which is the same class).

Makes sense.

Murmansk...?

Not only they forget the rule, I think they forget Rock-Paper-Scissors already as well.

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

That little bit about how they see balance between classes tells me they aren't even trying, according to them if you want to derp around and shoot at other boats, cruisers and destoryers are fine, if you want to actually make an impact, play battleships and carriers.

There goes any possible chance of competitive game modes with anything remotely resembling variety.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

That little bit about how they see balance between classes tells me they aren't even trying, according to them if you want to derp around and shoot at other boats, cruisers and destoryers are fine, if you want to actually make an impact, play battleships and carriers.

There goes any possible chance of competitive game modes with anything remotely resembling variety.

Isn't the 'renk'd battle' their prototype of sorts for competitive gameplay though? I mean it does hard cap capital ships in order for the cruisers and destroyers to make their runs. I'm actually surprised how it sprawled hard in the RU cluster as 'popular'

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Isn't the 'renk'd battle' their prototype of sorts for competitive gameplay though? I mean it does hard cap capital ships in order for the cruisers and destroyers to make their runs. I'm actually surprised how it sprawled hard in the RU cluster as 'popular'

It's not really a true competitive mode, as your team are all randoms, once people are able to pick their teams before they go into battle, that's when it becomes something other than a smaller team game with some bonus flags and a number if you do well.

The hard cap (does it even work? I've seen a bunch of posts from people claiming it does nothing) is pretty much WG's way of saying they have no clue how to properly balance it.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

The hard cap (does it even work? I've seen a bunch of posts from people claiming it does nothing) is pretty much WG's way of saying they have no clue how to properly balance it.

The MM dont really work.

Just had a game in the Sims. My team have 1 BB only and 2 Tier 7, Me in a Sims and a Nagato, the others are Musutkis and Cheatland.

The enemy had 2 BBs, 3 Tier 7, 2 Hasuharu and a Colorado. Others include a Farragut, a NM and Cheatlands.

Guess who won.

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Murmansk...?

Not only they forget the rule, I think they forget Rock-Paper-Scissors already as well.

No, the Gremy. 

Murmansk is a USN cruiser, also used to be better than USN version because WG.

That little bit about how they see balance between classes tells me they aren't even trying, according to them if you want to derp around and shoot at other boats, cruisers and destroyers are fine, if you want to actually make an impact, play battleships and carriers.

Sort of how I read it.

Seems to me the plan was to make it playable, get in some money, then push it out the door for more $$ ASAP.

Balance and a properly working comms system (hell, even something as basic as 'invert mouse') are very distant seconds and lower.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

^

Oh, right. Sorry, for some reason I thought you thought I was speaking about the Murmansk.

I shouldn't get up at 5am to watch rugby and then post on forum while waiting, lol. Especially when daylight savings have just kicked in so we've "lost" an hour.

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

I can't believe that the devs said like this

they forgot the rock-paper-scissors

they're gonna let DD and CA be less important to the fight(in other words UP) and just for fun

they're gonna let BB and CV be the main force of the fight(in other words OP)

I would suggest putting all the DD,CA in the low tier

and all BB,CV in the high tier

then let ships in all tiers fight together, just like NavyFail

since there's no difference in the role of different ship class between WoWS and NF

just let it be another NF

It's totally meaningless spending days to climb for a tier10 DD/CA just to found out the fact that you're simply unimportant

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

I would be hesitant to believe any information that has been "leaked" The original audio is not given! A full translation is not given! any ST no matter the server who leaks is banned, no questions!

This looks more like some one testing ideas, we will look at it, but who knows what will happen sort of thing.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

It seems in the current meta that DD's are like wasps, small, easy to kill and annoying (scouting and HE spamming), but if they get close enough or attack you in numbers, thats when they deal the pain, otherwise by themselves they aren't that influential to a games outcome

Sign in to follow this