Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yanyatcheng

for those who hate carriers

30 comments in this topic

295 posts
501 battles

anime name : Zipang

ship class: Atago Class JDF Mirai (AKA "future" in english) Aegis Class Guided Missile Destroyer, ship number DDG-182

Tier XXX DD vs Tier VIII Carrier match.

Edited by yanyatcheng

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I like having an OP carrier more:

The F-14s want to Suicide? You DO NOT Dogfight a Piston Engined Aircraft in a Jet.

And it's also why F4Us, LaGs or even A-1s can shot down Jets. Because people dogfight them in low speed.

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

CarrierHasArrived-1.png

You know what to do boys and girls...

GG! -> jchen8792 has quit the game

1. Ignore interceptors 

2. Focus fire 1 carrier at a time

3. ????

4. Battlecruisers are better

423 posts
3,175 battles

lol, in paper it all seems easy. But for Terran player who soaking up in siege tank push and mech tech, damn...

And besides... the rate of exchange for a, let's say, AI encounter is 4 valkyrie, 1 carrier for the weird ability to restore damage from interceptor (both shield and armor).

And yes, Devourer is the key to win engagement with the Protoss Carrier, due to acid corrosive DOT. But again, the exchange rate is high (2 and 1) and it is only in the case that the Protoss player is a total n00b.

Remember that often the Protoss Carrier fleet always got an Observer around, and unless you are dang good at Observer killing, it is quite useless to fight back a fleet of let's say, 8 carrier +2 damage upgraded with all 8 interceptors....

UNLESS, YOU GOT ABILITY TO NUKE THEM DOWN (which is VERY RARE)

Edited by jchen8792

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

You forgot Devourers

I was more focusing on the units that can spam vs the interceptors :D

(albeit, the scourges were single target suicide unit but it sure can take down a Carrier in no time :D )

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Battlestaions Pacific Yamato say hi

this no violate the rule right? :trollface:

Super Yamato is better wwwwww~

Also, this game was used to fake WoWs Trailer/Gameplay for some many time lol~

621 posts
2,289 battles

This used to be in my signature but it rustled too many jimmies, so i removed it when clickers requested.

Yjm7ECx.jpg

You're right about the heartless part though

Japanese double squadron torpedo in T4 is brutal.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

You're right about the heartless part though

Japanese double squadron torpedo in T4 is brutal.

nope, USN single 6-planes torpedo squadron is way more deadly than IJN. they deal higher damage and can land up to 6 torpedo hits, enough to one-shot any vessel at lower tier. while you can only land 2  or 3 if you're lucky with those low lvl damage torpedo.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

lol, in paper it all seems easy. But for Terran player who soaking up in siege tank push and mech tech, damn...

And besides... the rate of exchange for a, let's say, AI encounter is 4 valkyrie, 1 carrier for the weird ability to restore damage from interceptor (both shield and armor).

And yes, Devourer is the key to win engagement with the Protoss Carrier, due to acid corrosive DOT. But again, the exchange rate is high (2 and 1) and it is only in the case that the Protoss player is a total n00b.

Remember that often the Protoss Carrier fleet always got an Observer around, and unless you are dang good at Observer killing, it is quite useless to fight back a fleet of let's say, 8 carrier +2 damage upgraded with all 8 interceptors....

UNLESS, YOU GOT ABILITY TO NUKE THEM DOWN (which is VERY RARE)

terran mech push against protost are almost unstoppable. i only see few matches where the protoss manage to defeat terran mech.

621 posts
2,289 battles

nope, USN single 6-planes torpedo squadron is way more deadly than IJN. they deal higher damage and can land up to 6 torpedo hits, enough to one-shot any vessel at lower tier. while you can only land 2  or 3 if you're lucky with those low lvl damage torpedo.

USN can't do anvil attack though at low tier(Attack from both sides), plus there are 8 torpedo planes total in the 2 Japanese torpedo squadrons.

Let's take the T4 Houshou and T4 Langley as a comparison.

The stock Japanese torpedoes also do 2600 more damage than the stock US torpedoes, and slightly more than upgraded US torpedoes (67 dmg). They're also faster by around 6 knots, though they have inferior range and the planes themselves are weaker than their US counterparts. So in terms of strike lethality I'd say a combined Japanese torpedo squadron is much more dangerous than a US squadron. 

IJN single squadron: 4 planes x 8567 dmg = 34,268

IJN combined squadron: 8 planes x 8567 dmg = 68,536

USN squadron (stock): 6 planes x 5900 dmg = 35,400

USN squadron (upgraded): 6 planes x 8500 dmg = 51,000

While each individual IJN squadron is weaker than the USN squadron, the IJN carriers have more squadrons and more total planes, with faster and more lethal torpedoes. So an IJN combined squadron would definitely be better than a USN squadron. Overall USN carriers are more defensive, with better fighter power, but IJN carriers are more offensive, with more powerful torpedo squadrons.

Edited by T050189

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

USN can't do anvil attack though at low tier(Attack from both sides), plus there are 8 torpedo planes total in the 2 Japanese torpedo squadrons.

Let's take the T4 Houshou and T4 Langley as a comparison.

The stock Japanese torpedoes also do 2600 more damage than the stock US torpedoes, and slightly more than upgraded US torpedoes (67 dmg). They're also faster by around 6 knots, though they have inferior range and the planes themselves are weaker than their US counterparts. So in terms of strike lethality I'd say a combined Japanese torpedo squadron is much more dangerous than a US squadron. 

IJN single squadron: 4 planes x 8567 dmg = 34,268

IJN combined squadron: 8 planes x 8567 dmg = 68,536

USN squadron (stock): 6 planes x 5900 dmg = 35,400

USN squadron (upgraded): 6 planes x 8500 dmg = 51,000

While each individual IJN squadron is weaker than the USN squadron, the IJN carriers have more squadrons and more total planes, with faster and more lethal torpedoes. So an IJN combined squadron would definitely be better than a USN squadron. Overall USN carriers are more defensive, with better fighter power, but IJN carriers are more offensive, with more powerful torpedo squadrons.

the problem is you will never able to hit all of those 4 torpedo specially with shorter american bb's  at lower tier as target, you will probably hit 2 at best or 3 if lucky. USN planes also require less micro to do heavy damage. 

there are times where i also times where my torpedo hit distance ship because USN torpedo can travel up to 2km while ijn only travel very short distance. 

the best i can do do deal heavy damage when using IJN is to delay the 2nd  torpedo squadron attack and only attack once the bb already finish the repairing the ship to deal flooding damage.

lots of people complain that IJN are imba but the real imba are USN with their 6 torpedo planes squadron.

621 posts
2,289 battles

the problem is you will never able to hit all of those 4 torpedo specially with shorter american bb's  at lower tier as target, you will probably hit 2 at best or 3 if lucky. USN planes also require less micro to do heavy damage. 

there are times where i also times where my torpedo hit distance ship because USN torpedo can travel up to 2km while ijn only travel very short distance. 

the best i can do do deal heavy damage when using IJN is to delay the 2nd  torpedo squadron attack and only attack once the bb already finish the repairing the ship to deal flooding damage.

lots of people complain that IJN are imba but the real imba are USN with their 6 torpedo planes squadron.

And how many times will you hit more than 4 of your USN torpedoes? IJN torpedoes are faster and overall better in pretty much every way but range compared to USN torpedoes. And if you want to play IJN carrier like USN carrier, just stack up the two squadrons and boom, you have a USN squadron except with faster torpedoes and 2 more planes to boot. 

295 posts
501 battles

Interesting looking anime, have you watched it? And if yes, would you recommend?

I would recommend you to watch the anime, than watch the manga if you want to know the middle part and the ending. The anime only show 1/10 of the manga, and have no ending (maybe budge problem)

621 posts
2,289 battles

I would recommend you to watch the anime, than watch the manga if you want to know the middle part and the ending. The anime only show 1/10 of the manga, and have no ending (maybe budge problem)

Okay, cool.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

And how many times will you hit more than 4 of your USN torpedoes? IJN torpedoes are faster and overall better in pretty much every way but range compared to USN torpedoes. And if you want to play IJN carrier like USN carrier, just stack up the two squadrons and boom, you have a USN squadron except with faster torpedoes and 2 more planes to boot. 

most of the times.  its not that hard to land more that 4 torpedoes hits, i earn lots of devastating strike with my USN cv than IJN cv because of that.

the only advantage i can see with those extra squadron is its allow me to target and kill two cruisers/dd or crippled ships, which i rarely do because i prioritize valuable targets live bb. most of the times with my IJN cv i heavily damage o a ship and leave my teammates to deal the finishing blow. i don't care about my kill ration as long as i have high average damage per game, i don't mine if my teamates gets the kill. 

621 posts
2,289 battles

most of the times.  its not that hard to land more that 4 torpedoes hits, i earn lots of devastating strike with my USN cv than IJN cv because of that.

the only advantage i can see with those extra squadron is its allow me to target and kill two cruisers/dd or crippled ships, which i rarely do because i prioritize valuable targets live bb. most of the times with my IJN cv i heavily damage o a ship and leave my teammates to deal the finishing blow. i don't care about my kill ration as long as i have high average damage per game, i don't mine if my teamates gets the kill. 

As I said earlier you can make the two squadrons attack the same target, which has the same effect as a USN squadron except with more planes, more torpedoes and therefore higher hit chance + damage.

Also the reason why you earn more Devastating Strike in USN carriers is because DS requires the kill to be from a single volley/torpedo salvo. An IJN "combined" squadron is technically two separate salvo in the game's terms, so it's harder to earn DS. Otherwise however IJN torpedo squadron is superior (USN has the better fighters though).

IJN's two squadrons do not mean that you can only killsteal or finish off crippled vessels. Anvil attacks allow for an almost guaranteed hit on any type of ship, making them very useful against smaller, nimbler targets. Additionally, the Langley has 6 torp bombers total, but Houshou has 8 torp bombers, each with a higher damage torpedo. So IJN is also better in terms of raw alpha against BBs.

Edited by T050189

Sign in to follow this