Sign in to follow this  
PRO_Patriot

japanese aircraft carrier suuuuuuuuper op.....

13 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I had the tier 4 ijn cv and got owned. i had the tiet 5 ijn cv and got owned. ive now got the tier 6 ryujo, upgraded and i STILL get owned. 

today with 3 fighter squadrons taking on 1 usn fighter squadron, same tier 6, i lost all 3 squadrons. 

I'm interested to know when my cv becomes OP.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I had the tier 4 ijn cv and got owned. i had the tiet 5 ijn cv and got owned. ive now got the tier 6 ryujo, upgraded and i STILL get owned. 

today with 3 fighter squadrons taking on 1 usn fighter squadron, same tier 6, i lost all 3 squadrons. 

I'm interested to know when my cv becomes OP.

1. Get Gud.

2. 3/1/1 Ryujo is disgusting. Air-superiority+ Torpedo Bomber + A Free Dive Bomber Squad? Yes please.

CV is still the only class that can turn a defeat to a win.

^Applicable to all CV except the Ranger.

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

1. Get Gud.

2. 3/1/1 Ryujo is disgusting. Air-superiority+ Torpedo Bomber + A Free Dive Bomber Squad? Yes please.

^Applicable to all CV except the Ranger.

Obviously I have the 3/1/1 loadout as i just stated my 3 squadrons got owned by 1 squadron of usn fighters.

Yep, 3 squadrons all engaged at the same time, no enemy aa involved, and all 3 squads got killed by 1 squadron of usn fighters of the same tier. 

What part do you not understand?.

I'm not sure how much "get gudder" I am supposed to get, seeing as I don't actually engage in the combat, plane by plane myself, all I do as a CV commander is point and click.

PLEASE TEACH ME.

4 posts
3,063 battles

i had a match today where i was driving the Langley with a zuiho up against 2 IJN carriers, i suck using carriers i cannot begin to explain how bad at driving carriers i am. still i managed to sweep the enemy out of the sky, kill a battleship and a cruiser and watched as the enemy carriers impotently ran away from our advancing Battleships. In that battle there were times i got into fights with 2 fighter squadrons with 1 a tier higher than me and i lost 3 fighters in the whole match

621 posts
2,271 battles

IJN squadron power just isn't the same as USN, recently got Houshou-san (T4) and a single fighter squadron barely manages to take on a USN torp squadron.

621 posts
2,271 battles

Only reason I can see the IJN CVs (esp. low tier) being OP is their higher number of Torp squadrons. An anvil attack at T4-5 is absolutely brutal against cruisers and to some extent even DDs if done right. However, it's countered by their inferior fighter power.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

japn's world war ii win...?

Can you explain more how other than let the title explains your whine argument?

P.S.: Not CV player in public game and I don't know the changes since I played it in Closed Beta Test.

Edited by Mingfang47

621 posts
2,271 battles

At T4 CV might be OP, but starting from T5 the cruisers start getting some better AA and it's easier to defend yourself if careful

Sign in to follow this