You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
spiraleddie

Ranked Matches: what are they good for

19 comments in this topic

2 posts
2,069 battles

So Ranked matches, I love the idea but the execution has  let them down.

My beef is around the inability to form a division and participate. 

The game in its aim to make the game more team orientated have made it less so.

By forcing players to play with pick up groups and people who do not speak their language but speak blockinese the devs have ensured  that every player  plays in a more solo style.

I take out my Cleveland specifially to assist my BBs but when i take out my BB i am mostly just food for fast cruisers and DDs.

Of course all these problems exist in all game modes but the problem is exacerbated in ranked matches, with a smaller team and everyone dependent on each other a single player who is does not play with the team can easily derail the whole match for their team when they rush and die.

I totally get the devs want matches to be more inclusive for other players but with a game were teamplay is so important I feel it almost breaks the game, what is the point in being a good player when random players can just make the team lose.

yes higher ranks these problems should diminish but how do you get to higher ranks when you lose every other game.

Edited by spiraleddie

724 posts
2,183 battles

Welcome to the SEA server where people uses boxes to communicate.

*cough* Hopefully this will change when they release the clan/team ranked mode in the future,where you get to team up with people who speak the same language. For now,all you can do is pray before you click the "Battle" button.

And as always,

Praise our lord Vadim

Edited by xDave1337x

Alpha Tester
197 posts
2,388 battles

Well when you have trouble getting a match after 5 minutes because there is noone playing Ranked matches.

Even the Co-Op battles are low.  Got into a match with only 4 players!  We had bots on our team as well as the enemy team!

Then you take a Tier 6 cruiser into numerous Randoms and a majority are against 9s and 10s!

We really need to get a lot more people playing this game.

Not to mention that we need numerous submarine cables between Aus and Asia to get a decent ping when the idiot fishermen break one.

Edited by ProvoBob

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

It to test your luck with MM of this game

it decide how often it will put you on a decent team that not go suicide in first 5 min or atleast the team that have no AFK ...

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Don't care much about ranks. I'm grinding my Nagato in tank battles and hope I lose more so my rank is lower. That way I can get battles faster. 

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,123 battles

I play Ranked battles for a laugh every now and then. Absolutely pointless most of the time as there is no teamwork and no one can communicate with each other anyway. Plus once you hit the higher ranks you can't get battles anyway as the ASIA server seems to have mostly abandoned this play mode.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

Well when you have trouble getting a match after 5 minutes because there is noone playing Ranked matches.

Even the Co-Op battles are low.  Got into a match with only 4 players!  We had bots on our team as well as the enemy team!

Then you take a Tier 6 cruiser into numerous Randoms and a majority are against 9s and 10s!

We really need to get a lot more people playing this game.

Not to mention that we need numerous submarine cables between Aus and Asia to get a decent ping when the idiot fishermen break one.

What's wrong with that?

I'd rather have bots on my team than some muppet who wants to launch torps at me at the start of a match!

I'll have Co-Op battles stay as they are thank you very much.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

SO? what do you want them to do? remove the ranked battle? It's fine to make whine threads but at least present some alternatives with it.

if you have a good idea how to keep this game from sinking deep into the abyss of boredom and bankruptcy go ahead.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

SO? what do you want them to do? remove the ranked battle? It's fine to make whine threads but at least present some alternatives with it.

if you have a good idea how to keep this game from sinking deep into the abyss of boredom and bankruptcy go ahead.

D0ge chill.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

I, for one would like ranked battles go remain. It's very good for grinding XP, if you can get a battle. Better XP gain compared to co-op.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,526 battles

I, for one would like ranked battles go remain. It's very good for grinding XP, if you can get a battle. Better XP gain compared to co-op.

I just wish there were more peeps and I would play them exclusively... I much prefer the smaller teams, more tactical and I hope a sign of how CW will work...