Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Vyviel

Soviet Destroyer Line Stats Breakdown

42 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

In the beginning when WG announced the Soviet tech tree, and the stats were starting to be revealed, i thought that the Soviet DDs were better gun boats than the USN counterparts. Now, i'm not so sure how the ship will survive in high tier match with its lack of concealment, and the general gameplay of DD in high tier matches. Soviet DDs make the USN DDs look nice for once. 

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Man this youtuber is basically pooping like no tomorrow on them Russian DD's #thuglife, mind you, its true the Mahan and Farragut are a bit of a grind at times, but they are playable and the Benson is worth the grind  :P

Edited by Blitzkreig95

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Man this youtuber is basically pooping like no tomorrow on them Russian DD's #thuglife, mind you, its true the Mahan and Farragut are a bit of a grind at times, but they are playable and the Benson is worth the grind  :P

And Why the Benson is worth the grind?

Torpedoes? Because the USN DD guns are Duh after the Nicolas and you are forced to admit Damage is the thing that matters? 

Shows you how Balanced DDs are.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
57 posts
3,009 battles

i would just wait untill they reach to actual be released because in supertests that is subject to be CHANGED. Wait for a better youtuber to cover them soon or later

yes i did agree the soviet DDs are bad but i like the gunboat idea i rarely fire torps. KM CAs in currently still playable in the supertest stats but like  them WG to improve them 

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

yes i did agree the soviet DDs are bad but i like the gunboat idea i rarely fire torps. KM CAs in currently still playable in the supertest stats but like  them WG to improve them 

Which is ironic when you consider Every-Single-Cruiser is a better "Gunboat" than you and the IJN got Torpedoes as well.

They have more armor, More AND Bigger guns, longer ranged, Better velocity and arc.

Oh DDs had Stealth!

And?

If you fire you will get spotted 4km eariler - i.e. You need to usually be at least 11km or more. And you need to suffer the Horrible Arc and Shell travel time.

How the games calculate rewards? Damage. Destroying aircraft gives ____, Spotting do nothing for now, Capping also gives ____ and usually you cannot cap >5 times anyway.

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

just remeber the WoT individual tank stats but.

Sometimes the paper stats are absolutely 1,000,000 miles off the mark of reality.

many of the russian tanks paper stats merely equal or underperform vs counterparts ON PAPER....yet in battle they FAR EXCEL.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

many of the russian tanks paper stats merely equal or underperform vs counterparts ON PAPER....yet in battle they FAR EXCEL.

So you are telling me, the 3km Torp range is actually 30km? And the turning circle is 70m instead of 700m?

The Critical stats are still _____.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
57 posts
3,009 battles

well alvin u have read my post wrong all i  was trying to say that the supertest stats will change before when they will full release them. if they stay the same it would. But hey i would like a change 

as quickybaby and jingles when they show tanks/ships on the supertest. they all ways the tank/ship supertest stats can be changed b4 they are relased. that is why i hate the raging donkey  because they can will be changed b4 release.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

well alvin u have read my post wrong all i  was trying to say that the supertest stats will change before when they will full release them. if they stay the same it would. But hey i would like a change 

as quickybaby and jingles when they show tanks/ships on the supertest. they all ways the tank/ship supertest stats can be changed b4 they are relased. that is why i hate the raging donkey  because they can will be changed b4 release.

Let me count, how many days till release...? 2 weeks? The Stats are "Officially" published on Portal as well.

If they gonna change it, change it quickly then.

And even so, No DD is truely viable after Tier 5.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

wow very disappointing to see those torpedo stat, imagine playing those huge ass destroyer than can barely turn on ocean map. i was hoping for a gremy like torpedo. those torps reminds me of kitakami's horrendous gamestyle

Edited by Deicide

45 posts
1,228 battles

Let me count, how many days till release...? 2 weeks? The Stats are "Officially" published on Portal as well.

If they gonna change it, change it quickly then.

Why do you say that? DDs perform quite well at higher levels in my experience. Across the board they are massively overpowered vs what they could do historically but from what I've seen the higher tier DDs are very effective.

Alpha Tester
392 posts

The Soviets came after the Russian Empire, yet at tier 1 the Orlan flies the Soviet ensign, while the tier 2-4 destroyers have Imperial Russian Navy flags.

Also, 40 second turret traverse and only 3 km torpedoes? Oh dear...

Super Tester
509 posts

Might be viable if they use the full concealment and invisible firing mechanic but that would only be for higher level ships I guess when they unlock the crew skills and modules.

Edited by Vyviel

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

How Pros use them Russian DD's lol, meanwhile in my slow ass Mahan...

Yeah, watch a DD gun a BB to death. What on earth could possibly be wrong with that?

But I guess we'll see.

Edited by Steeltrap

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Yeah, watch a DD gun a BB to death. What on earth could possibly be wrong with that?

But I guess we'll see.

If you want guns, why didn't you just play a cruiser with torps? Far better than a DD, except for the speed.

Sign in to follow this