coldbeer72

Weekend bonus

18 comments in this topic

112 posts
1,431 battles

Ok, I am probably nit-picking in the extreme here, but according to the official news our first victory bonus for this weekend is to be doubled, yes?

As the norm is X1.5.......would doubling it not make it X3 rather than X2??

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,249 battles

if you like, we can get WG to remove it entirely, that way there is no arguments about what it is suppose to be!!

You sound like my dad...

Super Tester
1,677 posts

What can you do, leng is probably steaming from the incessant whine... probably. That or he bought a new stern old man type generator.

62 posts
1,454 battles

if you like, we can get WG to remove it entirely, that way there is no arguments about what it is suppose to be!!

you think this is a helpful answer?  it is advertised as 'double' it's not about 'arguing' when I was at school 'double'  1.5 meant 3  but maybe you have a different calculation?  if you meant increase from 1.5 to 2  then that's what should be advertised?  right?

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Commanders,

Enjoying the new contents from recently arrived Update 0.5.0.1 ?

To boost on your morale, your First Win of the Day bonus will be DOUBLED starting from this Friday! Time to rack up on some EXPs!

Have fun playing World of Warships on your weekend!

First Win of the Day x 2

yep, that says Doubled for the first win, not double the x1.5 xp for the first win.

I found the news to be quiet clear about what was to happen. Oh, and in answer to your "you think this is a helpful answer?" nope, wasn't trying to be helpful, just wish people would start to read and understand things correctly when written in plain english.

62 posts
1,454 battles

yep, that says Doubled for the first win, not double the x1.5 xp for the first win.

I found the news to be quiet clear about what was to happen. Oh, and in answer to your "you think this is a helpful answer?" nope, wasn't trying to be helpful, just wish people would start to read and understand things correctly when written in plain english.

Apart from the fact that I am a native born speaker and have qualifications in teaching English I can assure you it is NOT clear and is ambiguous.  X2 means X2 of the NORMAL exp which is 1.5

BTW what on earth is "To boost on your morale"   really?  "ON your morale"?  "boost UP" maybe?  or just plain "to boost"   anyway.. you get the point. WG really should employ a proof reader

Edited by JollyGood

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Normal XP is Normal XP, you get 1.5 for the first win of the day bonus, so double Normal xp is X2, so how is that not clear?

200xp - Normal

300xp - 1.5 bonus

400xp - x2 bonus

600xp - x3 bonus (last weekend)

get what its saying now?

62 posts
1,454 battles

Normal XP is Normal XP, you get 1.5 for the first win of the day bonus, so double Normal xp is X2, so how is that not clear?

200xp - Normal

300xp - 1.5 bonus

400xp - x2 bonus

600xp - x3 bonus (last weekend)

get what its saying now?

your First Win of the Day bonus will be DOUBLED 

you can read right?  First Win of the Day is 1.5 right ????  not 'normal' right??  "normal' is not FIRST WIN OF THE DAY

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

you have a serious mis-understanding of how the bonus works.

You get x1 for the win,plus an extra .5 for the first win of the day. With this you get x1 for the win at double the amount. 

The x1.5 and x2 are the same thing, they are daily bonuses and do not stack.

62 posts
1,454 battles

you have a serious mis-understanding of how the bonus works.

You get x1 for the win,plus an extra .5 for the first win of the day. With this you get x1 for the win at double the amount. 

The x1.5 and x2 are the same thing, they are daily bonuses and do not stack.

you have a serious misunderstanding about English language  

your First Win of the Day bonus will be DOUBLED 

enough - it's badly written and can be taken both ways

"your First Win will be increased to X2"  or  "X2 for the first Win of the Day"  makes it clearer but I see it's pointless arguing with you so let's leave it there

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

You should stop being a smart arse because you clearly need remedial English comprehension.  The phrase, "your First Win of the Day bonus will be DOUBLED", can only mean that the default bonus of 1.5 will be doubled to 3.  If the intention was to say that the weekend bonus would be double experience and credits then it should have said, "your First Win of the Day bonus will be double experience and credits".
Edited by Potoroo