Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

Admiral Hipper and the Other GERMAN CRUISERS

61 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Either WG is playing with all sorts of hidden stats ("tough to crack armour" and "hard hitting batteries" for example) or they didn't look too closely at what they put in the game, lol.

Happily, someone else has. And their review isn't some marketing BS. Enjoy.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

Either WG is playing with all sorts of hidden stats ("tough to crack armour" and "hard hitting batteries" for example) or they didn't look too closely at what they put in the game, lol.

Lol, Germans have better AA at higher tiers

But yeah, with such bad HE stats, and supposedly poor armor, there must be some hidden stats somewere

And the lower tier cruisers may well put off people from the get go.

Edited by Blitzkreig95

1,809 posts
8,014 battles

lol, since when BS is a word? :trollface:

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Im still going Germans, its my specialty after all :teethhappy::hiding::trollface:

Eh...did we meet last game? You were in the myogi, right?

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

if I hear him right .. (suck at Eng myself)

So in short in average to all tier ...

- High velocity, low shell arc

- great gun range

- High RoF

- low armor but hard to hit its citadels ?

- Slow rudder shift time

- Terrible HE shells

- Big ship and longer detection range

- Bad AA ( except tier10 )

- Horrible Torp and almost useless depend on situation

Did I understand it right ?

Edited by WindCruiser

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

^

About right, but the RoF isn't anything special, and indeed is sometimes worse. And the shells do less damage.

Yes, it waste for good RoF but Bad HE shells, not like US CA that HE spaming and make BB in fire all the time

But I think if it CA vs CA and it kind of dangerous since AP shell damage just lower than other not much and it may bethat you can hit citadel more with it RoF and shell velocity

it still look somewhat interesting to me .. but maybe I will wait to see how other do with the ship before playing it myself

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Yes, it waste for good RoF but Bad HE shells, not like US CA that HE spaming and make BB in fire all the time

But I think if it CA vs CA and it kind of dangerous since AP shell damage just lower than other not much and it may bethat you can hit citadel more with it RoF and shell velocity

it still look somewhat interesting to me .. but maybe I will wait to see how other do with the ship before playing it myself

US.Navy FTW.:izmena:

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i like decent rate of fire with decent shell damage e.g IJN 5 round a minute 203mm guns. high rate of fire means it will eat lots of your attention and will made lose focus on map/situation awareness.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,798 battles

We arent allowed to discuss stats...

But the video is based on Supertest statistics that are very preliminary and subject to change. So yeah.

Edited by Deathskyz

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

still compare to the stat of russian paper destroyers, the stats of german cruiser are rubbish. *russian bias is working again* neft everything that is german and buff everything that is russian. 

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,907 battles

I will give them a go - something different to try out other than IJN and USN ships

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

still compare to the stat of russian paper destroyers, the stats of german cruiser are rubbish. *russian bias is working again* neft everything that is german and buff everything that is russian. 

I think most of the Russian DD's are real, there are more paper cruisers for the Germans as the KM was a shadow of the imperial German Navy of WW1 in terms of fleet/surface ship strength. They didn't have nearly as many Battleships, Cruisers and Destroyers as they hoped due to Germany jumping the gun and rushing to war before they were ready

Beta Tester
14 posts
841 battles

I'm just sad that the Deutschland class can't be included due to it's guns. Would have been really interesting if the trademark for herman cruisers is them having bigger caliber guns than the other nations. Here's to hoping that WG releases a seperate battlecruiser class someday so that ships like the Admiral Graf Spee, Scharnhorst, Alaska, Kongo and Hood gets their proper place in the game

Sign in to follow this