You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shavo

Sorry, have to vent - feel free to add your own

42 comments in this topic

44 posts
2,858 battles

So I just had a game and I see an Omaha moving forward and then from behind, before we can even see the enemy, someone sets some torps his way. The Omaha gets hit by one. He turns back and then proceeds to head to the back of the fleet. I'm guessing that when he gets hit, he looks around for the culprit and I'm the closest ship to him. So, he does the "logical" thing....He starts firing on me, setting me aflame. I ask him why he's shooting at me, only to be called a "noob", of course. The only problem....I'm in my damn Cleveland! I try to explain that I don't even have torps, to which I'm called a "noob" again.

And this was my first battle of the day. Oh, I hope this isn't an indicator for the evening I have ahead of me....

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Eh, never encountered something like that.

I did encounter an Atago who dropped 4 torp waves inside his own line. Meaning right around his teammates. Luckily, my ship was the only one who got hit by that stupid ship.

44 posts
2,858 battles

Yeah, new to me as well, which is why I was dumbfounded and had to post. I've copped friendly torps before (in lower tiers, seemed to always be from Tenryu's) and although extremely frustrating and stupid, I've just never /facepalmed like I did in this situation.

12 posts
365 battles

Try being me in a kawachi who ended up somehow exchanging broadside with a south carolina at 2km and winning, then this super pro wickes dumps his load of torps directly behind me 1km away and hits me, he then insults me with noob BB...dun know how to dodge torps noob etc etc... facepalm...kawachi dodging torps from 1km out... well done. Some players are just too special for words... sigh

44 posts
2,858 battles

Try being me in a kawachi who ended up somehow exchanging broadside with a south carolina at 2km and winning, then this super pro wickes dumps his load of torps directly behind me 1km away and hits me, he then insults me with noob BB...dun know how to dodge torps noob etc etc... facepalm...kawachi dodging torps from 1km out... well done. Some players are just too special for words... sigh

Ha, reminds me of a game on North where a DD loads in late and starts off and T-bones right into the middle of my ship, a Fuso, giving me a "wtf man?!". I'm in a BB, he's in a DD, and I'd set course 30 seconds before he even moves, yet I'm to blame for him running into me. Yeah, sometimes there's confusion but since I can't exactly stop or turn without using half a map, I was again wondering what people are thinking at times.

112 posts
1,431 battles

That's why I play PvE only.

At least with a team of bots, they aren't that stupid to torp their own team mates!

And bots don't spam the shite out of the new chat messages either.....:trollface:

[HOTA]
104 posts
13,851 battles

Yeah, empathise totally.  I had two sweet, little obnoxious children (read a far stronger term) platooning in DDs and when the battle started they turned 180 and headed to the rear.  When I suggested to them what their role was and where they needed to be, they, of course, abused me, firing a salvo across my bow.  They then complained about how hard the game was to play, to wit I suggested they go back and practice in Co-Op Mode.  Not long after, one came back at me and fired a torpedo salvo at my CA, I dodged the first salvo, but he kept at it and ultimately sunk me.

Unfortunately, in real life, these two little angels are yet to have had their lights punched out in the school yard to teach them a lesson.

Edited by Angelus_Mortis

[HOTA]
104 posts
13,851 battles

Yes, just like WoT, we have to endure this puerile behaviour in pursuit of our pleasure - but it is good to vent.  If only we could name and shame...LOL

Edited by Angelus_Mortis

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Yes, just like WoT, we have to endure this puerile behaviour in pursuit of our pleasure - but it is good to vent.  If only we could name and shame...LOL

You can, just send your replays to a MOD/Admin staff and we can have the little darlings take a short break from playing (or make a longer break if required)

[HOTA]
104 posts
13,851 battles

You can, just send your replays to a MOD/Admin staff and we can have the little darlings take a short break from playing (or make a longer break if required)

Thanks, but I haven't seen the replays function in WoWS, and I chose to give them the benefit of the doubt due to their very low game experience level.

I also have to be careful I don't incriminate myself in any way....ROFLMAO!

Edited by Angelus_Mortis

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Seems The TK problem is increase if i used Tirpitz (for which not released yet, and you know they are Super Tester)

Back to the topic

I FEEL YOU BRUH!!

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

The friendly damage sanctions in this game are laughable.

If they let me design it I assure you I'd stamp 90% of this crap out of the game by tier 3.

It isn't hard. You just have to take the view that the other 11 people on a team shouldn't have to put up with even ONE game wrecked by some bottom feeder. Trouble is, WG doesn't see it that way, just as they don't mind people making idiot divisions/platoons.

I've had 4 occasions in the last 10 games where I was hit by multiple torps launched by some [redacted] where they could NEVER have hit the enemy but most certainly could hit me (on two occasions I managed to dodge them by extreme manoeuvring), That's 40% of my recent game play. On another day, it was 100% because, unsurprisingly, I went "[redacted] this I'm going to play something else where I don't have to put up with this garbage and the devs actually care about MY game play by punishing effectively the idiots doing it".

It's also why my gaming budget is not being expended in this game.

A high churn, lowest common denominator approach, which is what WG seems to be about, apparently doesn't think that way.

We should demand better. WG would deliver better if they cared about individual playing experience in every game. They might say they do, but their actions appear to make a lie of that claim.

Edited by Steeltrap

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Bro, can you also give those who play worse than co-op bots a short break too? Or maybe a long break would be nice. Thanks.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Was torped last night by a friendly dd,I think in my Phoenix.We were last 2 standing and not going to win anyway,but just as I was finishing off a BB I heard the torp alert,the BB when bang then I did!

On the weekend I was in my Tirpitz on North,and had just helped sink an enemy ship when an enemy Tirpitz came around the island on the far west of the map.I went to turn right,and as I did I got a torp alert,a friendly Atlanta had launched a set parallel down my right side,and I had to wait for them to pass,giving the other Tirpitz a chance to launch his! I survived it but if I remember properly I died a few minutes later.

Not friendly fire,but lack of Situational awareness,In my Tirpitz again on the Ice map,decided to follow several other ships through the ice bergs down south ( bad idea in a BB I know now! ).Just as I am entering them with an ice berg close on my right,a player in an Atago comes slowly in from my left sandwiching me.I end up with his ship under the front of mine as I couldn't swerve.Of course just as this is happening there are several enemy ships around and I couldn't fire without the chance of hitting him( I did try it and got the voice over about not firing at friendles,must have hit his flag pole or something!) 

Beta Tester
125 posts
6,162 battles

But it's common mathematics and logic that's missing that really irks me. My torp range, distance to enemy, oh f@#@ it I'll just release them anyway and hope that the 24kms between my minekaze and the enemy ship magically shortens....

44 posts
2,858 battles

The friendly damage sanctions in this game are laughable.

If they let me design it I assure you I'd stamp 90% of this crap out of the game by tier 3.

It isn't hard. You just have to take the view that the other 11 people on a team shouldn't have to put up with even ONE game wrecked by some bottom feeder. Trouble is, WG doesn't see it that way, just as they don't mind people making idiot divisions/platoons.

I've had 4 occasions in the last 10 games where I was hit by multiple torps launched by some [redacted] where they could NEVER have hit the enemy but most certainly could hit me (on two occasions I managed to dodge them by extreme manoeuvring), That's 40% of my recent game play. On another day, it was 100% because, unsurprisingly, I went "[redacted] this I'm going to play something else where I don't have to put up with this garbage and the devs actually care about MY game play by punishing effectively the idiots doing it".

It's also why my gaming budget is not being expended in this game.

A high churn, lowest common denominator approach, which is what WG seems to be about, apparently doesn't think that way.

We should demand better. WG would deliver better if they cared about individual playing experience in every game. They might say they do, but their actions appear to make a lie of that claim.

Well said. +1 from me.....if that even does anything.

But it's common mathematics and logic that's missing that really irks me. My torp range, distance to enemy, oh f@#@ it I'll just release them anyway and hope that the 24kms between my minekaze and the enemy ship magically shortens....

And yup, that first sentence! Logic and common [Redacted] sense is all that is needed.

Reading this thread again reminded me a few days back and on Straits (I think the map is called), the battle starts and I start off in my Myoko and within about 20 seconds (ok, maybe slightly longer - ie however long it takes to load them in the first place) of the battle starting, I hear a torp alarm to see an Atlanta behind me has released his set with the enemy 20kms away in the distance. He released them so close to me, I caught 2 of them. I didn't lose it, but did ask "What gives, dude?". I manage to seek shelter and try to be of help to the team when I see him lined up right alongside a friendly BB. He starts firing and they all go into the side of the BB who also, but maybe not so politely, asks what his deal was. He gives a "my bad" and then was off again. So, from what I saw, he torped a friendly, shot a friendly....The only thing he seemingly didn't do, not that I saw anyways, was collide with a friendly to make sure he won the internet.

Edited by Shavo

Super Tester
1,779 posts
328 battles

Heh~ I remembered the time when a teammate DD fired a torpedo at me...

5 seconds upon impact, Looked up and I closed my eyes, and accepted my fate that I will be killed by my teammate before the battle starts..

cGwq08I.gif

Edited by ragster

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

Those would be the replays you have to manually enable by editing an XML file "at your own risk" and which apparently are unreliable anyway?

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Those would be the replays you have to manually enable by editing an XML file "at your own risk" and which apparently are unreliable anyway?

But, but, the game has been RELEASED!

Even WoT didn't allow you to send replay files generated by their own game through their own support system. That's the level of contempt in which we players are held. Yet players are stupid enough to reward this sort of ordure by throwing money at the devs. Go figure.

p.s. you can't even invert mouse. LOL, what year is it?

Edited by Steeltrap

350 posts

But, but, the game has been RELEASED!

Even WoT didn't allow you to send replay files generated by their own game through their own support system. That's the level of contempt in which we players are held. Yet players are stupid enough to reward this sort of ordure by throwing money at the devs. Go figure.

p.s. you can't even invert mouse. LOL, what year is it?

This negativity Steely, stahp! What has gotten into you? You never used to be like thi........................nvm

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Welcome to online gaming where everyone is even more [Redacted] than in real life. :E

Fixed.

Luckily I've gained enough life experience to not give a single potatah about such behaviour.

The only thing that can hit my switch nowadays is people lying about me... irl, because people lying about me on the interwebs are...

... how to put it best...

Oh noes! People 10.000km away from me are lying about me... oh the humanity... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯