Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Flemboy

New to carriers - why do JP Torp planes have a wide ALT attack - just a nerf?

12 comments in this topic

[AE]
200 posts
9,488 battles

The ALT attack (Shift left click) for Ami Torp planes is nice and tight, tighter than the "normal" attack pattern. Holding down ALT with [content removed] JP planes gets a spread little tighter than normal mode. Just a deliberate nerfing to ensure equality? Ami carriers down low have a couple of crappy options for plane loadouts. So moved to Japanese. Although two torp flights carried, it makes not too much difference due spread.

Does spread get better with higher tier carriers? Or is the wide spread hear to stay if I play [content removed] JP carriers?

I will have another look at torp tutorials, but I don't remember this being mentioned...

Derogatory Comments.  Post Edited. User Sanctioned.

As Per http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/8251-notice-on-the-abbreviation-of-japanjapanese/

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Super Tester
509 posts

The wide spread stays so most of the time you can max hit 2-3 torps only. IJN torps do travel faster but they have shorter range and lower damage than the US ones.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

The wide spread stays so most of the time you can max hit 2-3 torps only. IJN torps do travel faster but they have shorter range and lower damage than the US ones.

This ... so it harder to make all four hit the ship ... it for balance to another class too ...

and  IJN have faster torp arming distance .. it take only around 1 second in water to make torp able to detonate while US torp take around 2-3 second in water to be able to detonate

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

The ALT attack (Shift left click) for Ami Torp planes is nice and tight, tighter than the "normal" attack pattern. Holding down ALT with Jap planes gets a spread little tighter than normal mode. Just a deliberate nerfing to ensure equality? Ami carriers down low have a couple of crappy options for plane loadouts. So moved to Japanese. Although two torp flights carried, it makes not too much difference due spread.

Does spread get better with higher tier carriers? Or is the wide spread hear to stay if I play Jap carriers?

I will have another look at torp tutorials, but I don't remember this being mentioned...

That's the reason

423 posts
3,175 battles

oh boi, silenthuntah would be pissed with ya if ya successfully got a buff on IJN CV TB spread :D

and me, too, would no longer playin' USN CV :D

Edited by jchen8792

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

oh boi, silenthuntah would be pissed with ya if ya successfully got a buff on IJN CV TB spread :D

and me, too, would no longer playin' USN CV :D

Every single US CV captain would be too. Just play IJN CV, their loadout is so much better than US CVs
Edited by silenthunter19944

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Yeeees, balance........

Since tier 10 is the ultimate goal, when at tier 10, Hakuryu can only hit 6 torpedoes at most for 8500 damage each, and Midway can hit 10-12 for 9500 damage each..... sure, thats balanced :sceptic:

Dive bombers? US have more, for higher chance to hit, that do more damage.

Fighters? US have more, and are better in everything but DPM, which still doesnt matter due to better craft, and more of them.

If anything, IJN should have tighter spread, since there is less torpedoes, that do less damage, and US have the higher damage torpedoes. Being able to Zerg Swarm doesnt make any difference, especially when they dont survive that long in the first place.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The spread was the same as the US torpedo squadron which have 4 planes left

The problem is, you can create an even smaller spread with those

Imagine you have 3 TB squad with a spread smaller than 2 USN TB squad

The HIT ratio would be monstrous when use right

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Yeeees, balance........

Since tier 10 is the ultimate goal, when at tier 10, Hakuryu can only hit 6 torpedoes at most for 8500 damage each, and Midway can hit 10-12 for 9500 damage each..... sure, thats balanced :sceptic:

Dive bombers? US have more, for higher chance to hit, that do more damage.

Fighters? US have more, and are better in everything but DPM, which still doesnt matter due to better craft, and more of them.

If anything, IJN should have tighter spread, since there is less torpedoes, that do less damage, and US have the higher damage torpedoes. Being able to Zerg Swarm doesnt make any difference, especially when they dont survive that long in the first place.

Mean while IJN torpedoes bombers reload 3 times as fast. Fighters reload 5 times as fast and you have 2 squadrons in the strike loadout when the Midway only have one. Dive bombers reload 3-4 times as fast for IJN CVs when compare to the US ones.

Tier 9 and 10 US CVs are the reward for the captains that actually managed to get there. Tier 9 and 10 US CVs captains have to drive ships such as Langley, Bouge, and Ranger to get to tier 9&10. Even the Lexington is not performing so well for some reason. 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Mean while IJN torpedoes bombers reload 3 times as fast. Fighters reload 5 times as fast and you have 2 squadrons in the strike loadout when the Midway only have one. Dive bombers reload 3-4 times as fast for IJN CVs when compare to the US ones.

Tier 9 and 10 US CVs are the reward for the captains that actually managed to get there. Tier 9 and 10 US CVs captains have to drive ships such as Langley, Bouge, and Ranger to get to tier 9&10. Even the Lexington is not performing so well for some reason. 

once again where did you get the numbers for that IJN reload 3 and 5 times faster. the reason IJN reload faster is because they have less planes per squadron. btw Ranger is a good cv, it has higher torpedo bomber on reserve so it can sacrifice one or two squadron of torpedo bomber to sink or heavily damage key targets like bb or even cv.  langley and boulge might suffer for their slow cruising speed but their torpedo damage can guarantee to one hit tier 3-4 bb without problem. their fighter can chew ijn planes without problem too.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

once again where did you get the numbers for that IJN reload 3 and 5 times faster. the reason IJN reload faster is because they have less planes per squadron. btw Ranger is a good cv, it has higher torpedo bomber on reserve so it can sacrifice one or two squadron of torpedo bomber to sink or heavily damage key targets like bb or even cv.  langley and boulge might suffer for their slow cruising speed but their torpedo damage can guarantee to one hit tier 3-4 bb without problem. their fighter can chew ijn planes without problem too.

Reloading speed is from deicide who owns a Midway. And I watched videos about the Midway on I chase gaming channel. I always watched a guy with a YouTube channel called Tank Stryker [WOWS] who is fantastic at playing the Hakuruyui (sorry if I misspelt that) and I am aware of the reloading sped of carriers 
Edited by silenthunter19944

Sign in to follow this