Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RG_Kid

It's official then. New Polish line.

16 comments in this topic

Super Tester
238 posts

Yep,Bliskavica is in Poland Line

3 ships were added to the premium ship collection: Polish destroyer Bliskavica - Tier 6; Russian/USSR battleship Nikolay I - Tier 4; Japanese cruiser Tone - Tier 7.

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-0501-patchnotes/

Alpha Tester
392 posts

Pretty sure that's only temporary. Poland does not have enough unique ships to form their own tech tree. Rudy is also Polish but is part of the Soviet tree. Bliskavica will probably be part of the UK tree seeing as she was built by the British and served alongside the Royal Navy.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Poland will not have a "tech tree" as such, the ship is entering the game as a "Unique" ship and will sit on her own.

My best guess (and not because I am a ST Co-Ord) is that we will see a number of these unique ships enter into the game at some point, most likely for a country celebration or exhibit, and will most likely be sold once a year for a very short time. 

Edited by lengxv6

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Poland will not have a "tech tree" as such, the ship is entering the game as a "Unique" ship and will sit on her own.

My best guess (and not because I am a ST Co-Ord) is that we will see a number of these unique ships enter into the game at some point, most likely for a country celebration or exhibit, and will most likely be sold once a year for a very short time. 

I use tech tree for lack of better word. I wanted to talk about the nationality of the captain. If he's Polish, then he couldn't be transferred to other ship and will remain exclusive for the Polish line only.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Given the history of Polish forces in WWII, I'm not surprised that they created a Polish section to allow the ships to fly their own flag, rather than shove it in the UK tree.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

I use tech tree for lack of better word. I wanted to talk about the nationality of the captain. If he's Polish, then he couldn't be transferred to other ship and will remain exclusive for the Polish line only.

Now that is an interesting question, and one I don't have an answer for.

I have not heard any more information regarding these ships, or what/how captains can be used etc. I think this is a work in progress, and only time will tell what captain mechanic they settle for.

Super Tester
802 posts

I heard redditors saying about Blishkavica will be included in the UK line. Nope, it's a brand new tech line.

There's zero reason to think this at all. Even though it was built in Britain, the guns are Swedish Bofors and was in no way related to any British design at the time. The ship is completely unique. 

65 posts
2,362 battles

Well according to a mod that shows the full tech tree in the game client, it is coming up as the polish tree with one ship ;-)

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,633 battles

Well according to a mod that shows the full tech tree in the game client, it is coming up as the polish tree with one ship ;-)

Bit like the China tect tree in WoWP 4 planes in total

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

yes .. and that will make you got stuck there if you decide to play Polish ship ... you can't move anywhere at all since there no tree to move on so it just become only credit maker and xp go waste ... 

so I think they should make it into other nation premium ( like churchill that still in Soviet line in WoT etc. ) or even better ... they create the polish line ... or atleast make a Euro tech tree like WoT was try (and fail) to do ...... this line include ship from multiple country in europe that not enough to make thier own tree ...

Edited by WindCruiser

Alpha Tester
392 posts

Bit like the China tect tree in WoWP 4 planes in total

Would be very interesting if there is indeed a Polish tree. We might actually see the French and Italian navies much sooner than expected. No need for WG to bother wasting precious time working on regular branches if there aren't enough candidates.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

Would be very interesting if there is indeed a Polish tree. We might actually see the French and Italian navies much sooner than expected. No need for WG to bother wasting precious time working on regular branches if there aren't enough candidates.

Agreed, with that logic, they should be releasing more unique ships(would love to see Dutch, Aussie, Kiwi and Swedish ships), while unique ships sound nice, and will probably stir national pride/ patriotism sentiment in the said countries, on a practical note, its not worth paying for a premium vessel that trains captains for a tech tree with next to no ships/progression. Sure some people play premiums for the credits and free exp only, but I still use my premiums to train captains up too, as moving up tech trees is one aspect of this game

Alpha Tester
392 posts

Think of these premium ships as being implemented for historical purposes. Take the Austro-Hungarian Navy for example. They had quite an impressive fleet during WW1 but the fall of their empire makes it impossible for them to have any tier X ships. Battleships like the Tegetthoff class fit perfectly into this game. But since there aren't enough candidates for a complete tech tree, the only way is to make it a premium. No way WG will let us research a regular ship and then buy for credits without grinding.

Who knows, maybe the introduction of the Polish destroyer and its own tech tree is for historical battles? =D

Edited by Nikolaevna

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Generally speaking, premium ships that have been introduced into the game fit the following categories:

• She has history.
  • She has a reputation.
    • In general, this could translate to having a pseudo-legendary status in the market of interest.
  • She is unique.
    • This is an optional feature; this will normally take a backseat compared to the first two.
  • She is not the lead ship of her class.
    • Atagou (Takao-class), Tirpitz (Bismarck-class), ...

Sign in to follow this