You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HANNEGAN

In the name of sanity

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
8 posts
9,019 battles

I speak English....have an English Monty Python tilt to my humour......normally tolerant.....in the name of all that is sane PLEASE give me a mute option for the absolute cretins who refuse to accept spamming the comms with unneeded, inane and inappropriate F key messages are not them being the absolute soul of the party.........I like the game music, the sound of the guns, the torp warnings, so don't want to mute the entire game.....but for goodness sakes either remove the cretin's toy or allow one to mute the bloody morons.

Thank you.....rant over.  

Edited by HANNEGAN

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Oddly, i rarely encounter the problem. Players will spam in the beginning of the match, but after the enemy showed up, they all quiet down.

Super Tester
509 posts

Oddly, i rarely encounter the problem. Players will spam in the beginning of the match, but after the enemy showed up, they all quiet down.

The start of the match is the best time to get my head in the game during the quiet before the storm. Its hardly quiet anymore :P

Also makes me less likely to help out people in trouble who annoyed me by spamming sounds or poi comments.

126 posts
2,724 battles

I speak English....have an English Monty Python tilt to my humour......normally tolerant.....in the name of all that is sane PLEASE give me a mute option for the absolute cretins who refuse to accept spamming the comms with unneeded, inane and inappropriate F key messages are not them being the absolute soul of the party.........I like the game music, the sound of the guns, the torp warnings, so don't want to mute the entire game.....but for goodness sakes either remove the cretin's toy or allow one to mute the bloody morons.

Tank you.....rant over. 

Its a bit of a "New Toy" kind of thing I think mate, I just leave it to Good luck at the start of the battle and Good Battle at the end if it looks like we will win.

I'm sure we'll all get over it after a while.

Dan:honoring:

65 posts
2,362 battles

Playing on .asia is anti-social anyway-

Everyone speaks in block characters or say POI repeatedly.

Basically- if you're an english speaker on .asia you're playing a solo player game and the other ships incidentally are manned by humans- but they might as well be bots.

As soon as you figure that out and come to terms with it- you can still find fun in it.

10 posts

Playing on .asia is anti-social anyway-

Everyone speaks in block characters or say POI repeatedly.

Basically- if you're an english speaker on .asia you're playing a solo player game and the other ships incidentally are manned by humans- but they might as well be bots.

As soon as you figure that out and come to terms with it- you can still find fun in it.

I'm getting real sick and tired and annoyed at this everyday, not having fun. 'Cos I'm a team player and this game is essentially a team-based game, and I realised that in matches where there are people actually speaking English and actually communicating, my Win Rate sky-rockets! On the contrary, matches that are filled with "blocks" and "poi poi poi"... usually result in people going all over the place regardless of my communication, and those matches are more often than not, ended up in Defeat...

WG please remove the freaking language bar or whatever it is that enables them to type in non-English characters... and reinforce the English speaking please... I don't mean to be a racist but I've noticed those Chinese speaking players... they are no good, in both manner and in playstyle (selfish, stubborn, mostly a big I-am-the-star-of-the-game-and-noone-else-matters attitude). Why isn't there a Chinese-only version so they can go off and play with their kind together? We need a cleaner community here.

Just so you know, I'm very pissed, this rage has been building up in the past 3 months and today I post for the first time on this forum. And English isn't my first language either, still I use English in every games I play and I find that essential. If not for the bloody ping, I'd move to European server already...

Is there an English-speaking only clan, group out there that I can team up with? Or any Aussie, Kiwi teams that want to division?

Thanks and sorry for the rant.

P.S. Please remove the Voice Message function, or turn the damn sounds off. I like the targeting alert, very good, but the voice spam... it needs to go. Like, seriously...

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I'm getting real sick and tired and annoyed at this everyday, not having fun. 'Cos I'm a team player and this game is essentially a team-based game, and I realised that in matches where there are people actually speaking English and actually communicating, my Win Rate sky-rockets! On the contrary, matches that are filled with "blocks" and "poi poi poi"... usually result in people going all over the place regardless of my communication, and those matches are more often than not, ended up in Defeat...

WG please remove the freaking language bar or whatever it is that enables them to type in non-English characters... and reinforce the English speaking please... I don't mean to be a racist but I've noticed those Chinese speaking players... they are no good, in both manner and in playstyle (selfish, stubborn, mostly a big I-am-the-star-of-the-game-and-noone-else-matters attitude). Why isn't there a Chinese-only version so they can go off and play with their kind together? We need a cleaner community here.

Just so you know, I'm very pissed, this rage has been building up in the past 3 months and today I post for the first time on this forum. And English isn't my first language either, still I use English in every games I play and I find that essential. If not for the bloody ping, I'd move to European server already...

Is there an English-speaking only clan, group out there that I can team up with? Or any Aussie, Kiwi teams that want to division?

Thanks and sorry for the rant.

P.S. Please remove the Voice Message function, or turn the damn sounds off. I like the targeting alert, very good, but the voice spam... it needs to go. Like, seriously...

Mate, you make many valid points. However, by lumping everyone from a certain racial group as being "that type" of player steers your post to the racist category as Spawny pointed out.. It also detracts from several of your valid (but nothing  can, nor will ever be done about them unless you wanna start playing on the NA server) points lessening the chances of anyone taking your post seriously.

BTW, anyone, no matter what your ethnic background, can be a racist.

Beta Tester
18 posts
2,141 battles

One point re language is not everyone has English as a first or even second language and if we were to adopt a one language only clause we would all have to learn Russian as that is where the developers/Game company are based.

Keep points on characteristics of play/players and not race and we will all get more enjoyment..

10 posts

Sorry if I sounded too extreme :D I didn't mean to be. As I said, it's just something I noticed and put together over these months (in this game), and years of playing online games, my own experience so to speak. If only they can/ and want to communicate in order to cooperate, they are more than welcome in my party. Otherwise, I'm gonna be real honest here and say my 11 years of online gaming experience (starting from World of Warcraft), with their presence, has been unpleasant to say the least. I'm just stating my thoughts, no finger pointing here lol. Anyhow, I have no quarrels with them. I'm simply a guy who enjoys teamwork and good communication, both in real life and in game, hence the rage towards those who don't, lol.

My point in this thread is to ask WG if they can reinforce the English speaking by not giving people the tool to type in other Asian languages, nothing wrong with using the English Alphabet. That's all. This is not Russian server so I don't think that's too much to ask.

My 2cents, no offense to anyone :D

P.S. English is not my native tongue just so you know. I've had my fair share of difficulties when learning another language, but I chose to uphold and respect it as the universal communication form. And I think other Asians could do the same.

Thanks for putting up with my rant lol. Now I need to get back to sinking more ships :D

Edited by Lightbringer84