You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

domination mode green/red caps

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
13,029 battles

with the domination mode with green and red cap for each team is it spose to finish when one team gets to 800 points?

cuz at the moment it gets to 800 points and the game just finishes and the voice over says at 800 point the enemy is about to win as the battle finishes and u go to the after battle report

there is no count down to when the enemy is about to win etc. isn't it meant to be 1000 points not 800 points or am I missing something here?

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
13,029 battles

yeah it gets to 800 points and just stops then ya get "the enemy is about to win" as you go to the after battle report .

and yes its in the random battle mode

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

OK I think there is just a disconnect between the voice overs (which are known to be buggy) and the 2 cap version of the mode.

I'm pretty sure the 2 cap version is supposed to be the same as ranked battles (800 points) and the VO is just out of sync.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
13,029 battles

oh hang on lol

so let me get this straight

in domination mode with 1 green cap and 1 red cap (A,B) the team that holds the other teams cap for a period of time automatically get the win??? without having to get to the 1000 points? is that how the new domination mode with 2 caps only works??

if that is the case then it stupid I rather it just kept at 1000 points cuz at lest then u know when u are going to either win or lose the battle and not just have it just finish as there is no timer to say how long the other team has held the cap

Edited by yobbo1972

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
13,029 battles

no the time didn't run out at all battle only half way thru points where very low still something like 500 each

each side had 1 ship each killed  and both sides where on each others cap red team on green cap A green team on red cap B

and then battle ended not long after that while both teams on each others cap

the team that has one ship on there for the most seems to win after about 90 secs as a rough guess

Edited by yobbo1972

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

oh hang on lol

so let me get this straight

in domination mode with 1 green cap and 1 red cap (A,B) the team that holds the other teams cap for a period of time automatically get the win??? without having to get to the 1000 points? is that how the new domination mode with 2 caps only works??

if that is the case then it stupid I rather it just kept at 1000 points cuz at lest then u know when u are going to either win or lose the battle and not just have it just finish as there is no timer to say how long the other team has held the cap

No, the team that takes the enemy's cap instantly gets 1000 points. Win condition is like standard cap, except that there are no more draws if you run out of time.