Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

How to deal against any Japanese fighters loadout with limited amount of planes ?

26 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

IJN fighters loadout are so annoying now with their AA load out. They spam the air with the fighter load out and I can never ever do well against. I have a very limited amount of planes (Independence) and well since the 4.1 patch came out I never do well when there is an enemy Ryujo of the opposite team. So I want to ask the experienced US CV players of how to deal with this annoying AA load out when playing against IJN CVs. I do very well when there is no enemy IJN CVs. I normally get about 1450-1750 base exp/match now so I just want to tell you guys that I am not that nooby when playing aircraft carriers any-more so all the people spamming silent hunter is a noob can stop now.  So anyway I would appreciate a comment from you guys to help me fight against those pesky 3/1/1 load-out. 

:popcorn:Waiting for all the haters to start bashing me because I asked a question 

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

I just lure their fighters close to my cruisers then attack with my fighters, I lose at best 3 fighters and they lose all theirs. This usually tends to work because impatience on their part at a guess.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Looks at how many people fail to realize that it's another of those thread from the same guy.

To OP: I see you are trying to draw attention by making multiple posts of same topic, and you sure did succeed in baiting quite a few people. I'm not falling for that though. :hiding:

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Looks at how many people fail to realize that it's another of those thread from the same guy.

To be fair he asked a question about something which he is clearly struggling with, rather than simply ranting about something he knows nothing of (his other thread).

My rule of thumb is to never bash people for asking questions, regardless of what you think of said question, but it's another story for endless rant threads...

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

Another tip -

Sometimes you may want to delay sending your USN fighters to engage IJN fighters. Let them engage ur allied CV planes or your strike package. While they;re busy, go in and shoot them.

If there's another firendly CV, DO NOT HESITATE to you their planes as meat shield.

Heartless it may be but it works.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

To be fair he asked a question about something which he is clearly struggling with, rather than simply ranting about something he knows nothing of (his other thread).

My rule of thumb is to never bash people for asking questions, regardless of what you think of said question, but it's another story for endless rant threads...

Okay then... :hiding:

This problem will never be solved until WG changes USN loadout, when that day comes we never know. For now, you just have to suffer through it, I can't think of a way to deal with Ryujo's 3/1/1.

Super Tester
509 posts

Yes, it's so good from what I have seen. Your 1 torpedoes bombers squadron deal enough damage to get at least 1000xp/match

Why would anyone want 1000xp a match when you can get 2000 a match with more TBS? =P

Shooting down enemy planes is terrible xp and credits. IJN planes fly faster than US ones so its really easy to just dodge around them. Plus playing with fighters is so boring vs trying to manual drop multiple planes at the same time hehe

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I think you have to wait until you got to high tier so your fighter have better performance than IJN

3IJN fighters are totally rule the sky! even USN got fighter loadout 2 fighter you can force them in to fight with 2v2 and another fighter get bomber and that mean they no threat left for ijn bomber 

or you can even go all 3 fighter to get 2 us fighter ... use 2v2 at first to hold them in place and the 3rd use strafing run and it can kill most of us fighter ....

930 posts

The only solution, other than outsmarting and outplaying the enemy carrier, is playing the defensive setup also.

Japanese carriers aren't meant for air superiority in the first place (so when I saw the Japanese getting three fighter loadouts made me go wth?) and that means his fighters aren't going to last on a dogfight against a US fighter. Take that as your advantage.

Yes, 2/0/2 (or was it 2/0/1) might seem sad but at least it keeps that Ryujo out of commission for the rest of the game.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Why would anyone want 1000xp a match when you can get 2000 a match with more TBS? =P

Shooting down enemy planes is terrible xp and credits. IJN planes fly faster than US ones so its really easy to just dodge around them. Plus playing with fighters is so boring vs trying to manual drop multiple planes at the same time hehe

In that case it doesn't make sense to why so many people use the 3/1/1 loadout

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Hmmmm.....maybe its so that you are able to defend yr planes yourself instead of relying on yr teammates to help you. I don't see anything OP about it, but I only got in a few game in Ryujo so far. And couple of game were with 2 tier 8 CVs.....so gg.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

You made two threads on the same issue, can you at least try and act like your serious about what your saying OP

what I meant by that was OP = original poster

I get you get frustrated, but try to back your argument up with data or at least some screenshots, also don't spam the forums with two threads is what I'm saying

point out the part where I said something is OP please

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

what I meant by that was OP = original poster

I get you get frustrated, but try to back your argument up with data or at least some screenshots, also don't spam the forums with two threads is what I'm saying

One thread was not very friendly and will not solve the problem. This one does

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Hmmmm.....maybe its so that you are able to defend yr planes yourself instead of relying on yr teammates to help you. I don't see anything OP about it, but I only got in a few game in Ryujo so far. And couple of game were with 2 tier 8 CVs.....so gg.

I am guessing that the situation is just exactly the same as Bouge. A lot of Bouge captain use AA loadout. Maybe this is happening to Ruyjo captains too

Sign in to follow this