Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S4pp3R

Ranked Battles rank

21 comments in this topic

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

So since getting to rank 19, que times have been massive.

Not saying this needs a fix or anything, just wanted to know if anyone else is having a problem?

I'm almost rank 16 and que times are massive!

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

more likely people have stopped playing them, or have gone so far, and decide not to go further.

I personally do not play them, my reasons were given when we tested the mode, and those reasons still stand.

I love it, in a 7v7, my Myoko just shines... 

Much easier to have a bigger impact on a game when it's 7v7... And the team play is much better in Ranked.

Super Tester
509 posts

Yeah same issue just not enough people in that mode to make it worthwhile and it forces me to hold onto ships that I have elited when I would rather sell them and move on up the tree.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Not worth it.

I disagree, the 7v7 gameplay is great and the rewards are awesome.

I'll stick to what I've stated before, everyone should play ranked battles instead of random battles.

They're the true form of competition. :great:

Beta Tester
60 posts
7,247 battles

I like 7v7 game mode, its good for ego stroking by saying to people i killed half the team, however the simple win lose system i don't think works since a few times ive been killed in the first 2 minutes of battle without doing anything and then being congratulated for winning after waiting for the match to end, i think the system should have been based on XP earn't so that people who die before doing anything don't get a free rank and that the guy who gets 3 kills and high caliber but loses doesn't lose a rank. I'm not sure on the numbers needed but i think it would be better. the Win Lose system works in MOBA's like LoL since the players can respawn and consistently contribute to the final result while in WoWS after you die you don't really do much more than give advice if you stay.

[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,336 battles

i only use my 2 premium ships warspite and atlanta in ranked battles to farm credits and my current rank is 18th 

Beta Tester
908 posts

The mode is an epic fail.

So many game you have ********* AFKers. Friggen waste of time.

Really, I'm done with it as well. Rank 16, get those fail ranks that AFK their way to 20. And they are in the same pool

Wargaming you have have NFI how to design a game.

2 posts
261 battles

The criteria for ranked games is waaaaayyy too stringent. The player pool is already not very big. And ranked games are restricted to Level 9 players AND tier VI/VII ships only??? I think ranked games should be open from Tier IV onwards, so games are limited to Tier IV/V, V/VI, or VI/VII. Or at the least from Tier V onwards.This would increase the player pool and better matches and also less AFKers due to long waiting times

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

Ranked battles sputtering already? 

Not really, just big wait times  due to low player base.

I'm almost rank 15 and my wait times have been 10-15minutes minimum.

The mode is an epic fail.

So many game you have ********* AFKers. Friggen waste of time.

Really, I'm done with it as well. Rank 16, get those fail ranks that AFK their way to 20. And they are in the same pool

Wargaming you have have NFI how to design a game.

I have to be honest, I saw a bit of AFK in the 20s, but since then haven't seen it at all.

Last 5-ish matches have been really good, both teams playing well and most have been extremely close.

As I said, overall I don't think it needs a change, just more players. I think you've just been a bit unlucky. Also an AFKer in a 7v7 is a much larger detriment than in a 12v12...

I'll just play random battles for a few months until the player base has grown.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Low player base? I was in the game yesterday and the number online was ~16k.

Guess what? I'd be surprised if it ever tops 20k on this server, and doubt it ever reaches 25k (unless someone has official stats to say otherwise). WoT barely did so in the time I played it.

It's the same argument as excuses for MM (not that the MM seems that bad other than idiot divisions, and that's WG's design fault not the MM's).

Population is a factor whatever you design must work within. If it can't function properly for the population you have then it's not fit for purpose. Simple as that.

[EZPZ]
Beta Tester
12 posts
7,747 battles

Made it to rank 10 a few days ago and haven't been able to join a game since due to lack of players even during peak server times.

Was anyone able to find games and make it past rank 10?

Alpha Tester
12 posts
1,853 battles

I'm rather enjoying this mode.

But yes, the lack of players often cripples the queue times and therefore I get bored and end up in random battles. Hell, some times if it wasn't for all my clan mates playing on this server, I'd almost go and start fresh on NA or EU. At least they have a larger player base and for the most part speak or at last understand English so we can work as a team more effectively.

But alas, for now at least, I'm stuck here and will just keep motoring on.

[SGC]
Beta Tester
7 posts
10,672 battles

I am in rank 14,play ranked-game at night(most players on line),and even could not find 14 players to start at least one game.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I don't participate in these either. Although the rank system was not as flawed as I originally thought, there is still sooooo little reward vs time invested for me to bother. I'd rather spend the limited time I have to play grinding the ships I like than wasting my time with RB.

Sign in to follow this