You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
tanyhunter

ramming problem

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
6 posts
2,427 battles

the whole ramming concept needs to be fixed. I crossed T with a kongo using my fuso today, he was down to 10%hp im still 90% he just rammed me across the side and i gone down just like that... this is really frustrating becuz im the last bb left on our team .. we could have won.  He didnt even use any skill just ram his bb at me when he was losing ...  suggestion: ramming only takes away a portion of your hp maybe 20% but not the whole 90% hp -.-

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I'm sure having a 36,000 ton ship hit your side at full speed is only going to cause minor damage.........

Ramming damage is simple. 

Damage Done = TOTAL HP of your ship to the enemy.

Damage Taken = TOTAL HP of the enemy ship you hit / that hit you.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

So if a full health St. Louis hit a hit a full health South Carolina, the SC would die, and the St. Louis wouos have 500 health remaining?

Assuming both are fully upgraded:

St. Louis : 29,500 HP

SoCal : 31,700 HP

SoCal would have 2,200 HP left.

St. Louis dead.

Assuming St Louis is fully upgraded vs stock hull SoCal

SoCal : 29,000 HP

SoCal dead.

St. Louis would have 500 Hp left.

Actual chance of the St. Louis actually surviving the ram with full HP = VERY low, cause you would have secondary shots being shot at you.

Edited by Windforce

Beta Tester
6 posts
2,427 battles

sigh..yes just suggesting:) . i know ships ramming ships would be disastrous. but this is not a simulator... hp... blue lines... nope its arcade game. game should be enjoyable.. even if its real life ramming would not result in immediate sinking . maybe just a  big hole in the waterline. just make the mechanics similar to world of tanks .

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The tonnage and momentum of the ship is taken to the account too other then the HP left on the ships, the part that get rammed is contribute as well

IRL IMO

[PBKAC]
Alpha Tester
42 posts
1,414 battles

sigh..yes just suggesting:) . i know ships ramming ships would be disastrous. but this is not a simulator... hp... blue lines... nope its arcade game. game should be enjoyable.. even if its real life ramming would not result in immediate sinking . maybe just a  big hole in the waterline. just make the mechanics similar to world of tanks .

While not a simulator, I would like it to be still a little bit realistic.

If you let him into ramming range then you deserve to be sunk.

[PBKAC]
Alpha Tester
42 posts
1,414 battles

Assuming both are fully upgraded:

SoCal : 31,700 HP

SoCal would have 2,200 HP left.

St. Louis dead.

Assuming St Louis is fully upgraded vs stock hull SoCal

SoCal : 29,000 HP

SoCal dead.

St. Louis would have 500 Hp left.

Actual chance of the St. Louis actually surviving the ram with full HP = VERY low, cause you would have secondary shots being shot at you.

Why is it based on HP and not tonnage?