You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

Will Russian DD be OP ?

43 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Apparently Russian DD will have the fire rate of the US destroyers and have a 8km range. I am afraid that we will only see Russian DD in the game from the moment that they are released. Do you guys think the same ? Leave your comment down below. And to be honest I don't really care about Russian BB or CA or CV (if they have any) because from what I have heard Russia have awful ships.

195 posts
356 battles

And apparently German DDs will have 15cm in the low tiers :), but go to the 127/128mm in the high tiers... :(

Russian DDs don't seem OP; as long as they have a longer reload on their torps and less range for their guns, I can see them being balanced.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

The WG ad says "fastest in their class, toughest in their class, hardest hitting in their class".

Hard to draw any conclusion......It looks like we get a dd/bb. It wouldn't surprise me if they can launch squadrons of torpedo bombers. 

It's a question of "which one are you free xp'ing up to"?.  I'm looking at the tier 8.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

there's already a  bias on murmanks and that premium russian DD so i'm going to expect bias from them too. but one thing is for sure, i'm going to enjoy blowing them up just like how i enjoy blowing those bias russian tank on that War ********* game thing.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles

If the gremlin is anything to judge the line by it will have terrible gun traverse and reasonably slow load times for torps.  The Achilles heel for it isanything that an get in close to it and also has speed and manoeuvrability.   Whiles its ROF is pretty good it just struggles to be able to hold a target at close range.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

No...DDs need their karmic balance for having a tank (T-54) that could outperform their NATO counterparts in almost every way (view range) in World of Tanks (in an unbelievably ridiculous way).

Edited by Haku

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

I am afraid that we will only see Russian DD in the game from the moment that they are released. 

This is gonna happen regardless if they are OP or not, its a new ship/line and people want to try it out. Case in point the "$800 matches" with the majority of both teams forming of Atagos/Tirpitzs when they were respectively released.

Whether or not they are actually better than USN, time will tell.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

This is gonna happen regardless if they are OP or not, its a new ship/line and people want to try it out. Case in point the "$800 matches" with the majority of both teams forming of Atagos/Tirpitzs when they were respectively released.

Don't forget the German cruisers (which no one on these forums seems to be talking about, for some reason...).

I'm definitely going to be playing them.

Edited by Haku

Beta Tester
125 posts
6,162 battles

Some interesting stuff on the NA and EU forums, some comparisons done tier for tier. Very fast dd's, with terrible camo, short range torps but great guns with slow traverse.

But OP, as with any new ship/line released, you'll be seeing a lot of them.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

While I like to joke about Russian bias, for the most part it doesn't exist, it certainly did for a time back in wot, but not any more, there are certainly individual tans that over-perform, however, that doesn't make a compelling argument for Russian bias.

In boats, I suspect the same will be true, and the Murmansk isn't OP, it just eschews the "worse than same tiers" ideology.

Also "toughest" for a destroyer means very little, not sure why it's even worth mentioning, and that's before you go into the fact that you're repeating marketing, which is almost never based on facts, remember when the Arkansas was described as being "equipped with anti-aircraft armaments"?

91 posts
7,169 battles

there's already a  bias on murmanks and that premium russian DD so i'm going to expect bias from them too. but one thing is for sure, i'm going to enjoy blowing them up just like how i enjoy blowing those bias russian tank on that War ********* game thing.

yeah, I love my Murmansk even more than Atago, it's my weapons of choice to farm daily confederate medals. The only drawback is that it has scout plane which is kind of redundant due to its already decent firing range, I just want it has fighter like equal tier CA. And base on my experience with Murmansk torp, I think Soviet DD will have good range but slow speed.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

There is no such thing as OP ship, that will be called broken ship.

The real OP are the players themselves who know the ships' limits & combat capabilities.

Note: Cheatland is not OP, it's clearly broken. The solution? It's already planned.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Note: Cheatland is not OP, it's clearly broken. The solution? It's already planned.

They said they planned to replace the WT-E100/ FV215b/ FV4202 since the end of 2014.

So I hope they do better this time.

Oh and BTW I'd rather they postponed that and fix the Blue Line Abuse first despite repeated "We are in Beta/Fix is planned". Many thanks.

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
1,677 posts

The real OP are the players themselves who know the ships' limits & combat capabilities.

but... BUTT! I want the Cleveland to still pray "hail fire full of grace DPM is with you"

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

That's quite simply false, while it's true that player skill is by far the biggest contributor to how somebody performs, it's very possible for a ship/tank/whatever to be better than others (ie the old KV-1S for anyone who played wot), in which case it definitely is OP.

45 posts

War Gaming have a history of making their game Russian biased like in World of Tanks. Yaks and La are OP in WOWP now Russians DD might ruin the game for other nations

Sorry but how many battles do you have in WoT? And how many in WoWp? I can't find any... Could you have a look at some tanks and planes statistics before you start slandering of WG, please?
Edited by Haatra