You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ZEONWILLRISEAGAIN

take ocean out of the map rotation

32 comments in this topic

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

until a proper fix is found for blue lining, ocean has to go. blue line abuse is RAMPANT on this map.

IKR but not just Ocean the most popular blue line map is the Big, Solomon Island, the strait and lastly is the hotspot....

423 posts
3,175 battles

doesn't matter what map it is, if someone wants to /ʃɪtʃ/ on the game systems by the bull/ʃɪtʃ/ arguement that "Blue lining is not making me harder to shoot at, they fixed that" then they will

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

yeh but ALL the other maps with all the hiding spots suit DD

Well no one ask you to drive your Battleship around a corner.

And if you do that, you deserve to sink.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

hmm... I rarely see blueline in the ocean cause the fight happen in long range ... map is too big for blue line and able to shoot othership at the another side of the map but I find more with small map 

126 posts
2,724 battles

I enjoy Ocean. Only map in the game that represents how navies would realistically engage in real life. There will always be a bit of that 'border syndrome', but I still enjoy it.

Well spoken sar! And I couldn't agree more, most naval engagements that I've ever seen or read about while perhaps fought in and around islands and landmasses were fought on open sea, relying on perhaps weather systems (saqualls, fog etc) to make a speedy escape or tactical withdrawl if needs be, a lot of engagements were fought at night, the IJN were relative experts at fighting in these conditions. Most commanders simply used their ranges and manouverability to get the job done. Having said that, as a new player I dread the map because I'm not too good at either of those two things yet.

As for "Blue Lining" which I've heard so much about over the past few weeks, I honestly don't see that many players doing it, or at least intentionally doing it, I've found myself doing it on several occasions while in binocular view and attacking a ship, I don't zoom in and out as much as I should and find myself on the Blue Line sometimes as a result. Its very much not intentional in my case and I'd say its that way for a lot of guys, particularly new comers.

Dan:honoring:  

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

Well spoken sar! And I couldn't agree more, most naval engagements that I've ever seen or read about while perhaps fought in and around islands and landmasses were fought on open sea, relying on perhaps weather systems (saqualls, fog etc) to make a speedy escape or tactical withdrawl if needs be, a lot of engagements were fought at night, the IJN were relative experts at fighting in these conditions. Most commanders simply used their ranges and manouverability to get the job done. Having said that, as a new player I dread the map because I'm not too good at either of those two things yet.

As for "Blue Lining" which I've heard so much about over the past few weeks, I honestly don't see that many players doing it, or at least intentionally doing it, I've found myself doing it on several occasions while in binocular view and attacking a ship, I don't zoom in and out as much as I should and find myself on the Blue Line sometimes as a result. Its very much not intentional in my case and I'd say its that way for a lot of guys, particularly new comers.

Keep playing.  It's deliberate so often it's a joke, and the devs confirmed not so long ago that it's more common on this server than on the others by an order of magnitude.  It's cheap, it's cheating, it's dishonorable and the devs still haven't come up with an effective solution.

65 posts
2,362 battles

I like Ocean map, instead of fictitious world war 2 littoral combat it represents the reality of open ocean warfare (with arcaded battle ranges of course and simplified physics).

Having said that...

My 2c on the blue line

I dislike the blue line and hate the degree of its abuse. It's not unusual to see 4-5 ships on the same blue line shooting at each other. Stupid; and it hurts the entire game and any new players will get the wrong idea about the game.

What I'd like to see happen

Draw a zone line say 300 m from the edge of the map and put a red striped pattern over this region of the map. Warn the player with a screen warning 500m from this region letting them know they're about to be out of bounds of the battle.

Then when a ship goes into that area do one or more of the following:

• Start a 10 second timer, at the end of the timer they are booted from the game as "retreated" (this could also be used to accelerate those battles where there is a lone CV alive on the other side of the map. Instead of having to sail at each other and die, the CV could retreat from the battle. The victor still wins, the CV saves its repair cost and credits the loss)
  • Take n % damage while in that region, meaning they're dead at n seconds. Non-repairable.
  • Make all damage taken while in that zone increased uniformly by 100%, and treat all hits as a citadel hit.
  • Make repair crew/hull repair and other consumables not work while in that zone
  • Make visible range increase automatically to whole map while in that zone. Smoke can't be used while in this zone.
  • Cannot fire guns or torpedoes, or launch aircraft while in this zone.

If Wargaming really wants to change this behaviour they need to make it undesirable to end up in that area of the map.

My feedback all depend on BigWorld and their game tools supporting these kinds of mechanics. 

Edited by Osi

65 posts
2,362 battles

Looks interesting though maybe the penalty can be revised. Those penalties are rather harsh. 

Navyfield chose the first option. It worked really well.

When you went out of bounds and found yourself out of the match you had nobody to blame but yourself.

It burnt especially when you were having a great game and you were tunnel visioned on aiming at the enemy and found yourself being booted.

You learned though- you became more aware and it almost never happened in really high end ships- unless you chose to leave due to AFK's or other jerks.

126 posts
2,724 battles

Maybe a player could be given a collision warning, if they don't alter their course after a certain period of time, they would get the "Pinky" treatment, or make it a "Blue" penalty so that everyone knows they are a blue line abuser.

Dan