Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
adiktdtololi

Anyway to change the IP in my WOWS NA client to point to WOWS SEA?

3 comments in this topic

1 post
38 battles

This is my problem.. When i downloaded this game.. It just pointed me to the WOWS NA website.. unlike WoT it asked me if im from NA/SEA, but it didnt do it for this one.. so i thought maybe they didnt have a SEA site/client yet and all WOWS game was in the WOWS NA server.... so i downloaded the client, log-in my WoT SEA account and chose WOWS NA(because that's the only one available in the drop down menu) got in the game..

all is fair in love and war, until i asked some of my WoT SEA friends if they where playing WOWS. they said, they are and would like to add me to their division... But when we try'd to do it.. they couldnt find me in the contacts list( we didnt know at the time that we where playing on a different server ), then i checked one of their screenshots and discovered there is a WOWS SEA server... Now my question is... Is there anyway i could just add/change a file or a line in some text file in the game directory to point the game to the WOWS SEA server instead of re-downloading the whole client? Our internet speed sucks here and downloading a full client could take hours... Q.Q

Plz send helps.

Edited by adiktdtololi

1 post

Go to your game folder (by default C:\Games\World_of_Warships\). Enter the res folder. Find scripts_config.xml and copy the file to your mod folder (by default C:\Games\World_of_Warships\res_mods\0.5.0.0\).

Open scripts_config.xml and find the following line:

<host addr="login.worldofwarships.com:20020" alias="WoWS NA"/>

Add right before or after that line:

<host addr="login.worldofwarships.jp:20020" alias="WoWS Asia"/>

Save the file, and next time when you launch WoWS, you'll have the option to choose between NA and Asia servers on the login screen.

Sign in to follow this