Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

set on fire

49 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

ok so I have the warspite and it tends to get set on fire a lot, so I added the Damage control system mod 1 which give you -5% to risk of fire, I also gave my commander fire prevention skill which give you -7% to risk of fire ok

now that should give me a total of -12% to risk of fire, if they are added together and they should be added together right???

so looking at the Aoba tier 6 cruiser,  same tier as warspite , it has a 17% chance to set a ship on fire so if I take the -12% chance of fire prevention that leave a chance of 5% right? and even if that cruiser commander has Demolition expert which gives him +3% chance to set fire that would only leave a total of 8% chance to set me on fire at max, or 5% at min ok.

then can someone please explain, why the hell I get hit with Aoba shell from his first shots and he sets me on fire, I then use the damage control party to put the fire out then the very next shell the Aoba shoots at me, he  sets me on fire again.

so either the -12% chance is not working at all, considering he only has a 5% chance (maybe 8%) to set me on fire in the first place and with 2 hits in a row he sets me on fire twice or is the game just full of crap and   isn't working the way it is meant to work ????

because to me that is total BS and shouldnt be happening at all in that way.

yeah sure 5% chance is a very low chance to be set on fire but it happens all the time very easily, so I am really pissed off with this sort of crap happening when clearly it shouldn't be happening as often as it does when there is only 5% chance to get set on fire in the first place.

so these skills and mods don't seem to have any affect at all in preventing your ship getting set on fire

Edited by yobbo1972

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,923 posts
4,018 battles

ok so I have the warspite and it tends to get set on fire a lot, so I added the Damage control system mod 1 which give you -5% to risk of fire, I also gave my commander fire prevention skill which give you -7% to risk of fire ok

now that should give me a total of -12% to risk of fire, if they are added together and they should be added together right???

so looking at the Aoba tier 6 cruiser,  same tier as warspite , it has a 17% chance to set a ship on fire so if I take the -12% chance of fire prevention that leave a chance of 5% right? and even if that cruiser commander has Demolition expert which gives him +3% chance to set fire that would only leave a total of 8% chance to set me on fire at max, or 5% at min ok.

then can someone please explain, why the hell I get hit with Aoba shell from his first shots and he sets me on fire, I then use the damage control party to put the fire out then the very next shell the Aoba shoots at me, he  sets me on fire again.

so either the -12% chance is not working at all, considering he only has a 5% chance (maybe 8%) to set me on fire in the first place and with 2 hits in a row he sets me on fire twice or is the game just full of crap and   isn't working the way it is meant to work ????

because to me that is total BS and shouldnt be happening at all in that way.

yeah sure 5% chance is a very low chance to be set on fire but it happens all the time very easily, so I am really pissed off with this sort of crap happening when clearly it shouldn't be happening as often as it does when there is only 5% chance to get set on fire in the first place.

so these skills and mods don't seem to have any affect at all in preventing your ship getting set on fire

 

 Dammm it RNG not again......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

The -5% and -7% to fire chance works multiplicatively, instead of additively, which means that instead of a -12% chance of fire, against the Aoba, and assuming their base chance to set you on fire is 17%, that will get reduced to 14.96% (17 x 0.88 = 14.96%, where the 0.88 represents the -12% from the fire reduction buffs).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
149 posts

That's why I play usn dd a lot.......phew phew phew on fuso, new Mexico and warspite and set them on fire....repeatedly.....put on a defensive smoke then continue firing....3 sec reload on my Farragut.....:playing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
195 posts
356 battles

ok so I have the warspite and it tends to get set on fire a lot, so I added the Damage control system mod 1 which give you -5% to risk of fire, I also gave my commander fire prevention skill which give you -7% to risk of fire ok

now that should give me a total of -12% to risk of fire, if they are added together and they should be added together right???

so looking at the Aoba tier 6 cruiser,  same tier as warspite , it has a 17% chance to set a ship on fire so if I take the -12% chance of fire prevention that leave a chance of 5% right? and even if that cruiser commander has Demolition expert which gives him +3% chance to set fire that would only leave a total of 8% chance to set me on fire at max, or 5% at min ok.

then can someone please explain, why the hell I get hit with Aoba shell from his first shots and he sets me on fire, I then use the damage control party to put the fire out then the very next shell the Aoba shoots at me, he  sets me on fire again.

so either the -12% chance is not working at all, considering he only has a 5% chance (maybe 8%) to set me on fire in the first place and with 2 hits in a row he sets me on fire twice or is the game just full of crap and   isn't working the way it is meant to work ????

because to me that is total BS and shouldnt be happening at all in that way.

yeah sure 5% chance is a very low chance to be set on fire but it happens all the time very easily, so I am really pissed off with this sort of crap happening when clearly it shouldn't be happening as often as it does when there is only 5% chance to get set on fire in the first place.

so these skills and mods don't seem to have any affect at all in preventing your ship getting set on fire

RNG. Also refer to this post:

The -5% and -7% to fire chance works multiplicatively, instead of additively, which means that instead of a -12% chance of fire, against the Aoba, and assuming their base chance to set you on fire is 17%, that will get reduced to 14.96% (17 x 0.88 = 14.96%, where the 0.88 represents the -12% from the fire reduction buffs).

Also, I am a BB driver and I get set on fire. Wonder why people don't complain about it? Because flooding is worth. It decreases your speed, and does about 300+ damage per tick whereas fire only does 100-200 damage per tick. I wonder if I should create a thread about flooding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

The -5% and -7% to fire chance works multiplicatively, instead of additively, which means that instead of a -12% chance of fire, against the Aoba, and assuming their base chance to set you on fire is 17%, that will get reduced to 14.96% (17 x 0.88 = 14.96%, where the 0.88 represents the -12% from the fire reduction buffs).

 

so only a 2% reduction chance of being set on fire with these mods and commander skill??

so its a waste of time in having these mods and commander skills then if they don't make any difference in reducing the chance of being set on fire

then that is truly a joke  and a waste of time in having them .

half the crap they give you to add to your ship that is meant to help improve your ship really is BS and a waste of time then, what a total joke.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

RNG. Also refer to this post:

Also, I am a BB driver and I get set on fire. Wonder why people don't complain about it? Because flooding is worth. It decreases your speed, and does about 300+ damage per tick whereas fire only does 100-200 damage per tick. I wonder if I should create a thread about flooding.

 

yeah but the chance of flooding is lower as you can dodge the torps coming in at you, where it is a lot harder to dodge the HE spam from most cruisers spamming HE in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,230 posts
2,387 battles

 

yeah but the chance of flooding is lower as you can dodge the torps coming in at you, where it is a lot harder to dodge the HE spam from most cruisers spamming HE in the first place.

 

Just use your repairs effectively

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

 

Just use your repairs effectively

 

well yes u get set on fire u use ya damage control party then very next time u get hit u get set on fire again and u already use ya damage control party and cant do a dam thing about the fire

that's what so crap about this game as everything is control by dam mathematics  and %s etc etc etc and don't matter what you do as a dam players the game will F... you over big time with its BS controlling mathematics crap that runs the game.

player input has very little to do with the game other than sailing your ship to a position on the map and when u press the fire button and then its all up to RNG and the % and mathematics of the game that determines the out come of the battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,054 posts
3,918 battles

If I get set on fire, and am still in firing range or at risk if being HE spammed, I just let myself burn till I get in cover or out of range. Try your best not to use damage control party the moment you get set on fire.

 

But it is annoying as hell getting continuously set on fire. It's something that needs fixing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

even low percent of fire chance still get you on fire some time  .. so It better go for faster repair reload than fire prevention ..

 

ps.This song alway play in my head when the fire start (0:59)

I'm on fireeee....arghhhhhh


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Russian or not, mathematics plays an integral role in everything in our lives. We are determined by RNG more than you think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

If I get set on fire, and am still in firing range or at risk if being HE spammed, I just let myself burn till I get in cover or out of range. Try your best not to use damage control party the moment you get set on fire.

 

But it is annoying as hell getting continuously set on fire. It's something that needs fixing.

 

yeah some times when there are torp bombers around I will wait before using it.

but you are right it does need fixing it is BS the amount of fire damage that happens in this game

it would be better if u could just have it so if you get hit in certain areas on your ship u get set on fire only rather than a % chance of fire instead.

but if u do that and have a lower % of fire happening you might have to then adjust the amount of HP cruisers have as they wont be able to go one on one with BBs but then again cruiser shouldn't be able to take on a BB by it self and win as it is it should be at lest 2-3 cruisers to take down a BB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Russian or not, mathematics plays an integral role in everything in our lives. We are determined by RNG more than you think.

 

yeah but this game is over run by mathematics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Our lives are dominated by mathematics.

 

If we didn't have RNG, we might as well play chess. Which, actually, now that I think about it, I'd enjoy too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Our lives are dominated by mathematics.

 

If we didn't have RNG, we might as well play chess. Which, actually, now that I think about it, I'd enjoy too.

 

well I don't remember COD and other games have RNG at all in them and them games where great and fun to play as it was only you and and ya computer and the net and player skill that won the battles not some RNG bs number saying weather u have a chance to win or not

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

 

well I don't remember COD and other games have RNG at all in them and them games where great and fun to play as it was only you and and ya computer and the net and player skill that won the battles not some RNG bs number saying weather u have a chance to win or not

 

 

You are making me as also a COD player also looking like what people think as 12 years old screaming at stuff.

 

Games arent that simple. And you talk about Skill in COD? Mate, play some CSGO first. Also, saying COD had no RNG make me chuckle.

 

Do some homework first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

 

You are making me as also a COD player also looking like what people think as 12 years old screaming at stuff.

 

Games arent that simple. And you talk about Skill in COD? Mate, play some CSGO first. Also, saying COD had no RNG make me chuckle.

 

Do some homework first.

 

well ive been playing COD from the very first COD and I was good at the game while I was getting 120+ kills the next best player on either team was getting 50 kills ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

So? I used to do the ridiculous OMA N__b tube and get hundreds of Nukes. Then does it mean I am good? No.

 

COD lives on "Making you feel like a bad ass", and the skill gap is compressed even more in recent years. TTK is so fast since BO2, whoever shoot first wins, as simple as that. Especially Ghosts and Advanced Warfare. Thank godness BO3 tune it down a bit.

 

And unfortunately this is not how WG make their games. Sorry, If you want to dominate every game, you either get better, or go back on COD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×