Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yanyatcheng

add type 3 shells for IJN ships?

18 comments in this topic

295 posts
501 battles

that's gonna be a good countermeasures against CV because of the weak AA on IJN ships, making IJN ships good at long range AA and USN ships good at mid-close range AA 

*it took one of the shell slot, exchange with HE/AP shell

*new reticle when type 3 shell loaded

*still can set fire against DDs and can hit them like a shotgun but with low damage per pellet hit 

**of course explosion won't be that big as the one shown in the pic (but those are yamato 18.1 inch shell tho)

type 3 shell.jpg

Edited by yanyatcheng

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Unlike in the anime/"That game", Type 3 shells was ineffective against air targets, and was only used to bombard soft ground targets like Henderson Field.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Type 3 shell are useless IRL. Don't get messed this up with all those games (Is it K_____ Collection? I really don't know but this is what I heard.).

Firstly you gotta hit. Which considering how accurate (even the) large caliber Specialized AA guns (127mm/100mm) of IJN is, you know how likely for those 14/16/18 inches guns will hit.

The Americans actually test these out and found out the the Smaller Fragment inside Can't even hurt a TBF, like at all. It just burn the paint off.

Also, Bingo!

Edited by Alvin1020

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Type 3 shell are useless IRL. Don't get messed this up with all those games (Is it K_____ Collection? I really don't know but this is what I heard.).

Firstly you gotta hit. Which considering how accurate (even the) large caliber Specialized AA guns (127mm/100mm) of IJN is, you know how likely for those 14/16/18 inches guns will hit.

The Americans actually test these out and found out the the Smaller Fragment inside Can't even hurt a TBF, like at all. It just burn the paint off. Literally Useless.

It is a K.....Collection

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Ironically, Type 3 shells are quite useful at bombardment, like what happened at Henderson Field. :hiding:

So much for their intended purpose.

Yeah it wrecked Henderson Field. But the Marines hanged on. :izmena:

But not all aircraft from there are destroyed.

The main thing is the RUNWAY is not damaged.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

The Germans had a better tactic for their heavy calibre main guns in the AA role - when the swordfish from Ark Royal attacked the Bismark, she used her 15" guns and fired HE into the water - the resulting splashes/ geysers were supposed to distract or if lucky hit the low flying torpedo bombers, unfortunately for the Bismark, because the Swordfish were so old and slow, the German AA fire actually always undershot and landed way too far ahead, plus the steely resolve of the RN air arm pilots helped them get their lucky hits lol

Edited by Blitzkreig95

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Is Type 3 shell on my bingo card? bingo

Like the others said, it's not really effective as AA weapon. In recorded combat, it mostly used as bombardment on enemy land positions.

And hurray 1k post~ Boring~

Edited by Mingfang47

Sign in to follow this