You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheLesserWeevil

Australia - World of Lagships

132 comments in this topic

5 posts
2,507 battles

Hey world,

As much as I love this game, I am constantly plagued with ping/lag spikes in games, occasionally resulting in me dropping from the server completely. Nothing is more frustrating then lining up that crucial torpedo spread, only to have the game lag for several seconds, after which you have missed your chance and been torped in return.

My question is, are other Australians having these issues? Trying to diagnose whether it is the Wargaming servers to blame or my own hopeless ISP. I'll admit that I have been having problems with my ISP recently, but I am not having such severe problems with any other online games.

Edited by HMAS_Melbourne

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,929 battles

You ain't seen nothing till you get New Zealand Internet, 1st world country with 3rd world internet, actually never mind, I think some "3rd world" countries have better internet for that matter lol

Super Tester
1,679 posts

You ain't seen nothing till you get New Zealand Internet, 1st world country with 3rd world internet, actually never mind, I think some "3rd world" countries have better internet for that matter lol

and then there's us in PH anguishing at ours in all of APAC.

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,705 posts
7,273 battles

the NBN runs down my street, but the goons who attach it to my house have not gotten around to it yet. 

Meanwhile, this may help,

44 posts
2,858 battles

Not too much of a problem for me. Lag spikes every now and then. Very occasional kick out of game, but most of those result in me coming right back into the game.

33 posts
7,753 battles

The lag is so bad at times that the ship is halted. It is a rare problem but what I get all the time is lag when my ship is turning hard.

Beta Tester
927 posts
15,546 battles

I play through a VPN from Sydney (TPG). My ISP sucks and won't acknowledge their congestion issues.

When playing through a VPN the packets are higher priority, I don't get lag spikes now. I use vpnsecure.me (Sydney TCP Server 2). When playing through the VPN I no longer get desync and ghost ship issues, the ships are rendered where they are.

Sad I have to pay extra for a VPN service, but then with the meta data laws coming in, better to have it. I consider my internet costs now $60 for TPG and extra $15 to maintain quality of service as well as privacy (anonymity).

Good luck, let me know if you need more information.

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,229 battles

I have no lag at the moment, on ADSL2+ with ~12Mb/s. Ping is around 40m/s on the WOWS server.

To all those that voted Liberal/National in the previous federal election, I hope you're not the ones whinging about lag and poor connections. As that would be the height of hypocrisy.

And karma...

Tee

[_BST_]
4 posts
6,244 battles

Sometimes its really bad here in adelaide get dropped 3 times in a game,i make it back to game only to have it 3 or 4 seconds behind firing and screen lagging to drop me again,the only way ive tried is to reset everything and hope for the best...

Warren here

ingame id:wazza64

126 posts
2,724 battles

It spikes on occasion, perhaps tweaking your graphics settings may help, there is a guide available on youtube. But don't get me started about the NBN, its in a word Ridiculous.

Dan:honoring:

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

I get a pretty reliable 120 ms ping from regional Queensland. There are times when things go a bit haywire like when a new patch is released or a new episode of Thrones is available.

Beta Tester
89 posts
6,128 battles

damn 200 ping is a good day here ..  ships teleporting or stalling game in sniper mode is quite the adventure but some of it could be the potato I play on. After that last patch I was trying to play with 400 then it shot to over 1k and down to -35 whatever that is ..

1 post
285 battles

Not much of a problem here on my end (Adelaide). I'm on NBN with 24MB and I must say that Internode seems to be pretty good. Only the torrent update download sucks all the time.

1,080 posts
3,888 battles

Just outside of Melbourne here on Telstra ADSL2.

My brother and I joined up about a week after OBT started,at that time I think ping was averaging about 50ms or so with no real lag.About a month ago though the ping is continuously  moving between about 50ms to 110ms all the time,with noticeable lag sometimes. A couple of times over the last week we have noticed it vary between about 60ms up to 200 or 250 ms with bad lag.

Weird thing is that I also have an NA account,its vary rarely moves from 108ms,with no lag at all.

Super Tester
802 posts

Pffffft this topics again :child:

No.. it's actually the cable being out again.

http://www.iinet.net.au/status-new/4351219

To see if you're being effected:

1. Open up Command Prompt (Or use the search box and search for cmd)
  2. Type in the following: tracert login.worldofwarships.jp
  3. Let if do it's thing.

Your routing should look similar to this:

5d927882b2340368dab64e192aeb3f3f.png

Running ping plotter will yield the same results.

Note that a the 7th line ends in .jp? It means you're being routed the long way around for ships. Normal routing would take you through a location in Perth (unless you're ISP is Optus, who I'm pretty sure have routed through Hawaii in the past)