You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FLAKP4NZER

why battleships dont have "Defensive AA Fire" skill?

53 comments in this topic

15 posts
3,651 battles

I mean, in World War II, pretty sure battleships had a "air warning" to prepare all AA crews against aircraft, so pretty sure battleships could do the "defensive AA fire" intensity with lots of AA guns it had.

so... why WG decided not to include it to baltteships? pretty curious....

[ANZAF]
Beta Tester
1 post
6,084 battles

too detrimental to CVs????

CV's are the most over powered bollocks in this game, countless times a CV flys over early in the game and drops 12 torps at point blank range to a battle ship and insta-pops it the BB has ZERO change of avoidance, and there is ZERO risk whatsoever to the CV in doing the attack.

In world of tanks at least artie need spotters CV's need no spotters they self spot from the safety of behind the lines and continue to send wave after wave.  The reason warships changed to be aircraft  carriers and support vessels for carriers was due to this.  Why make a game so unbalanced as to have that kind of power.  At least a DD has to risk his ass to get in  close to use torps.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

its going too be too much for the CV. remember there's no skill that will make shell spread  and it only take 34 sec to reload even the slowest bb guns but i will take 4-5 minutest to attack an enemy using Bombers from cv. right now bb don't run out of shell but CV can run out of planes.

15 posts
3,651 battles

apparently. the balance they made to reduce the battleship rant is kinda reduce its shell spread... since for me. the only rant I see about battleships on why the hell they cant protect themselves to planes while battleships had more AA batteries compare to cruisers. but cruisers can protect themselves with such a limited AA count.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

the problem is; most BB AA guns with high DPM shoot only at 3km and bellow, try upgrading AA range module + Advance firing training they will significantly boost BB aa capabilities. with battleship thick armored belt and some dodging it will make battleship harder to sink in one bombing.

run.

Edited by yansuki

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Game balance, and to emphasise the importance of teamwork.

As an arcade game, it would become extremely broken if everything was made realistic as they were in real life. Would you enjoy World of Tanks if there was a 6 in 10 chance your M4 Sherman's engine wouldn't start at the beginning of the match?

Edited by benlisquare

423 posts
3,175 battles

My point about this is simple - don't need Defensive AA God Button - but make the BB AA system better, slightly better is a big improvement.

I currently have no problem riding battleships. Just need to stick with the team, that's all...

Game balance, and to emphasise the importance of teamwork.

As an arcade game, it would become extremely broken if everything was made realistic as they were in real life. Would you enjoy World of Tanks if there was a 6 in 10 chance your M4 Sherman's engine wouldn't start at the beginning of the match?

Welcome to FarCry 2 when 9 out of 10 you never know whether your AK is able to pew and not to blow...

Edited by jchen8792

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

My point about this is simple - don't need Defensive AA God Button - but make the BB AA system better, slightly better is a big improvement.

I currently have no problem riding battleships. Just need to stick with the team, that's all...

Just get more 40MM Bofors then those Bofors pack a punch.

423 posts
3,175 battles

Just get more 40MM Bofors then those Bofors pack a punch.

They obviously got Bofors on New York/Texas, but compares to Cleveland, ah-hah!

15 posts
3,651 battles

They obviously got Bofors on New York/Texas, but compares to Cleveland, ah-hah!

by the way, historically, USA increased its AA capacity because of kamikaze planes right?

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

by the way, historically, USA increased its AA capacity because of kamikaze planes right?

Uh what?

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

More "Historical Accuracy".

UlBiIdt.jpg

Bingo card got something to add it seems.

Edited by Alvin1020

423 posts
3,175 battles

^ he's just curious...

after a few good point the others used, I think he didn't mean to say "buff AA on Battleship" things like that, don't bingo him :D

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

BB aren't design for anti-aircraft lol....

Look at how many AA guns the Iowa has, I think you'll find that by the end of the war, it may not have been what they were built for, but it was very much one of their main concerns.

Try this.

33 posts
7,630 battles

The AA fire is pathetic. Where are the booming anti-aircraft guns. The aircraft drop their torpedoes so close to ships. There is no run in like the real planes used to do in WW2