You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Krieg

How Special Are We?

33 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Thanks to WG for the kick-[redacted] x3 first win all last weekend. It was awesome.

Moving forward, will there be specials every, most, some weekends? I know a x5 and even a x3 may be a bit much to ask for, but we should have "something" to look forward to every weekend.

On another note, are we perma-stuck on 1.5x for the daily first win? Personally, I think it should be bumped to x2 like in WoT. I don't think too many would disagree with me on that.

724 posts
2,172 battles

Here have a +1.

I think giving us a x2 bonus every weekend would be great,or some x3 or even x3.5 during special events would be awesome too xD

And I think we should get a x5 and some free ships or doubloons on September 17th every year to celebrate the release of WoWS.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

x1.5 ... i feel like i don't want even bother so i just play when i want to play .... but x3 .... meh! I need to get my x3 for all my ship before end of the day ....

Alpha Tester
982 posts

x1.5 ... i feel like i don't want even bother so i just play when i want to play .... but x3 .... meh! I need to get my x3 for all my ship before end of the day ....

Agreed, 1.5x doesn't motivate me to dust off my lest played/favoured ships.

When the x3 special was getting into the last hours of Monday afternoon I played the remaining of my ships in Co-Op mode just to guarantee the wins haha. At x3 (if you are forced to do so) Co-Op isn't so bad :teethhappy:

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

x3 for the first win really isn't that important if you play more than a few games in a day if you think about it.

I'm not complaining, to be clear, but it's really of greater value if you're grinding a lower tier ship where that boost can make a substantial difference IMO.

I'd like to see things that are a little more nuanced, namely somewhat tailored to the individual ship classes so you get a substantial reward for performing significantly above the server norm for that ship. Even x3 if in the top 5 of your team tends to penalise those who are bottom tier, and would favour CVs (well it would have before changes; I've not played for a while so I've no idea if they're tending to dominate the top of the exp in battles these days as they once did).

They kept the stats for them to do 'marks of excellence', so tying some reward to playing better than 'x' % of players would be a useful thing as it would tend to reward those who strive to play the most effectively and NOT just give a boost for tagging on other's coat tails. Would also mitigate against being bottom tier, as you're being compared with other players in YOUR SHIP, not against a random roster in which you get your victory.

I'm sure WG can do that, but the game's so new I'm not at all moaning that they've not. One thing I don't want to see is the equivalent of personal missions IF the conditions cause people to play like idiots chasing an objective that makes little to no sense.

Edited by Steeltrap

44 posts
2,858 battles

I had the worst luck with the 3x battles. Games I play well, we'll lose. Games where I play crap, or find myself guarding one side of the map against a good number of the other team and don't accumulate many hits or anything, we'll win and my 3x bonus is pretty awful. I can remember one particular battle where I ventured out in my Myoko. I'm getting shot at by 3 ships and kaboom! Detonation. I lasted about 2 minutes. And yeah, the team went on to win, so that counted as my bonus for the day. :amazed:

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

One thing they could do would be to give us x1.5 for the first victory in each mode.  Another would be to boost the credit multiplier on premiums to something useful.  My problem isn't getting exp, it's getting coin.  I have the Nagato unlocked, I'm on the verge of unlocking the Pensacola and the Myoko, and I've nearly unlocked the Colorado's C hull.  That's roughly 20 million coin and doesn't include modules or upgrades.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

One thing they could do would be to give us x1.5 for the first victory in each mode.  Another would be to boost the credit multiplier on premiums to something useful.  My problem isn't getting exp, it's getting coin.  I have the Nagato unlocked, I'm on the verge of unlocking the Pensacola and the Myoko, and I've nearly unlocked the Colorado's C hull.  That's roughly 20 million coin and doesn't include modules or upgrades.

First victory for each mode?

No (for obvious reasons).

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

First victory for each mode?

No (for obvious reasons).

The only obvious reason you'd reject the idea is because I suggested it.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

No, it's because your idea is awful.

The player ends up with a generally shorter experience with the game if he/she can game the system to get the next ship ASAP by farming XP. Wargaming doesn't make as much money. It's a lose-lose case for everyone.

Edited by Haku

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

No, it's because your idea is awful.

The player ends up with a generally shorter experience with the game if he/she can game the system to get the next ship ASAP by farming XP. Wargaming doesn't make as much money. It's a lose-lose case for everyone.

It can't be gaming the system since the whole point of bonuses is to encourage people to play.  This would encourage people to play all three modes as well as giving them a modest boost for doing so.  And it would be modest since it would only mean two extra battles of the day per ship getting x1.5 instead of x1, hardly worth the hysteria.

As I said, you only oppose the idea because I suggested it.

Edited by Potoroo

Super Tester
509 posts

Yeah I would love a 2x credit weekend or even make the daily 1.5x also include credits.

Farming XP is hardly a problem at higher levels its the huge cost of ships and even just parts of those ships...

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

It can't be gaming the system since the whole point of bonuses is to encourage people to play.  This would encourage people to play all three modes as well as giving them a modest boost for doing so.  And it would be modest since it would only mean two extra battles of the day per ship getting x1.5 instead of x1, hardly worth the hysteria.

Okay. I've been convinced otherwise.

As I said, you only oppose the idea because I suggested it.

We're not friends, but we're certainly not enemies (at least, from where I'm standing).

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Nothing up on the portal regarding a special as yet.

This means that we probably aren't getting one so everyone can go out into the real world Friday and Saturday nite guilt free :teethhappy:

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Nothing up on the portal regarding a special as yet.

This means that we probably aren't getting one so everyone can go out into the real world Friday and Saturday nite guilt free :teethhappy:

I'm off WOWs for a week now....it's refreshing to say the least.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

no special this weekend ? :honoring:

Looks like no. If there was it would have been posted on the portal by now. (unless there is a scheme at WG headquarters to post it at the last minute just to make me look bad :hiding:)