You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S4pp3R

Ranked Battles 2 BBs aye?

20 comments in this topic

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

So ummmmmmmm, did I miss something or are Ranked Battles sposed to have 2 BB per side (thought that was locked, no wait-balance etc)

2015-09-23_00001.jpg

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

So ummmmmmmm, did I miss something or are Ranked Battles sposed to have 2 BB per side (thought that was locked, no wait-balance etc)

No.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

Must be a glitch. WG's MM wouldn't allow such a thing by any stretch of the imagination...........

That's what I'm hoping, or for a dev (**whistles** Conan 'you there buddy?') to clarify or acknowledge the issue.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

From what we know the MM for RB:

CV locked to 1 per side max regardless of wait time (tested).

BB preferential 2 max per side, but will be over-ruled based on queue numbers/time in queue etc (agree this is not what was stated and has been raised as an issue)  

DD/CA/CL - no limits

And before everyone goes why wasn't this picked up in ST - population, time and tests required by the devs.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

BB preferential 2 max per side, but will be over-ruled based on queue numbers/time in queue etc (agree this is not what was stated and has been raised as an issue)  

DD/CA/CL - no limits

And before everyone goes why wasn't this picked up in ST - population, time and tests required by the devs.

Dammm... Thanks for the info though...

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

DD/CA/CL - no limits

I hope they leave it alone.  I like BB heavy RBs.  It's like having no arty battles in WoT, they are different, you can relax and just enjoy a dozen or so similarly sized and equipped behemoths belting the crap out of each other without having to worry about Romulan torpedoes ruining your game.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

I hope they leave it alone.  I like BB heavy RBs.  It's like having no arty battles in WoT, they are different, you can relax and just enjoy a dozen or so similarly sized and equipped behemoths belting the crap out of each other without having to worry about Romulan torpedoes ruining your game.

As a CA, even with all my moves, islands and all that - it was a painful game.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Now I'm the other way around - I'd rather see the limit imposed.  If all I see in the queue is BB's then I leave the queue as the battles are (IMO) just boring sit back and shoot from as far away as possible and hope to hit

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

C'mon guys. WG work hard to get MM right.

Let's use WoT and WGs eventual success with the MM ther......

Yeah, never mind.

LOL ... that explain a lot :teethhappy:

Now I'm the other way around - I'd rather see the limit imposed.  If all I see in the queue is BB's then I leave the queue as the battles are (IMO) just boring sit back and shoot from as far away as possible and hope to hit

yes, but most time when I click battle and into the queue .. the game start loading (WoWs logo and line circle run around but not into map loading page yet) and locked from click cancle exit button .... -*-

so mosty we have to go with the flow even you are BB and saw like 10dd in the queue and just pray that MM will not bring all 10 in to my match 

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

If lots of players want to play BBs in RBs then how about WG get the hell out of their way and let them, you know, have some fun.  I'm not saying I want every battle to be BB only but when I do get BB heavy matches I enjoy them.  They are different.  They're a nice change of pace instead of every single match from now until eternity being exactly 1 CV, 2BBs, 2 CAs and 2 DDs. 

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

If lots of players want to play BBs in RBs then how about WG get the hell out of their way and let them, you know, have some fun.  I'm not saying I want every battle to be BB only but when I do get BB heavy matches I enjoy them.  They are different.  They're a nice change of pace instead of every single match from now until eternity being exactly 1 CV, 2BBs, 2 CAs and 2 DDs. 

Nah I'm with dead_man_walking, enforce the restriction, keep the matches interesting.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

Nah I'm with dead_man_walking, enforce the restriction, keep the matches interesting.

Define interesting.  As I said, I don't find an enforced diet of 1 CV, 2 BBs, 2 CAs and 2 DDs interesting.  I want variety and that includes some BB heavy battles.  If I know there are no DDS in a particular battle who will hide behind an island at a choke point to ambush me I can play the map differently and that difference makes it interesting.  It's not going to happen all the time and I'm not asking it to, but variety is the spice of life.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

Define interesting.  As I said, I don't find an enforced diet of 1 CV, 2 BBs, 2 CAs and 2 DDs interesting.  I want variety and that includes some BB heavy battles.  If I know there are no DDS in a particular battle who will hide behind an island at a choke point to ambush me I can play the map differently and that difference makes it interesting.  It's not going to happen all the time and I'm not asking it to, but variety is the spice of life.

As one of a couple of CAs in a BB match, trust me it isn't fun or interesting. Trying to play a Myoko as a scout/ambusher isn't what it's for.

The biggest issue is that WG did say it would be restricted, it really isn't, I'm hoping they fix it.

If you want that sort of variety, Random battles are waiting for you.

Edited by S4pp3R

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

As one of a couple of CAs in a BB match, trust me it isn't fun or interesting. Trying to play a Myoko as a scout/ambusher isn't what it's for.

The biggest issue is that WG did say it would be restricted, it really isn't, I'm hoping they fix it.

If you want that sort of variety, Random battles are waiting for you.

No, they're not.  Random battles are just awful.  RB teams are generally much more cooperative and aware so right now I'm happier with them including the more flexible MM.  Tightening the MM would be retrograde.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

No, they're not.  Random battles are just awful.  RB teams are generally much more cooperative and aware so right now I'm happier with them including the more flexible MM.  Tightening the MM would be retrograde.

Won't argue with you on the quality of players/teamwork.