You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

omaha captain 4th skill.

28 members have voted

1. 1. which skill should i get first on my

• demolition expert
    • advance firing training

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i keep my omaha cruiser for credits and medal farming, and i really enjoy playing at tier 5-6 than tier 7. the problem is i don't know which skill i should get first.

should i get advance firing training to keep on safe distance against BB. it also increase my aa range to keep low tier aircraft away, but the downside is my dispersion and shell travel time will increase too.

or should i get demolition expert first. to melt heavy target like battleship (because HE shell melt bottlesheep steel.) and do additional damage against heavy cruisers. the problem is its still reliving on RNG.

what are your opinion about these two skills?

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

12% is more than enough for burning all those juicy BBs. 3% increase to 15% isn't all that much.

I will choose AFT, as it's extremely useful for US Cruisers. Especially the Cheatland.

If your commander is only on the Omaha, it's depends whether you "Really" want to set fire everywhere or having a bit more AA/Range. Note that the Omaha had a "Better" arc and Better velocity than the Cleveland, so long range fire is a bit easier than the Cleveland.

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

AFT has the added bonus of being immune to future changes, as bonuses to AA and low calibre guns will always be useful, whereas a 3% increase on a mechanic which may very well get significant changes in the future is much riskier.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

AFT has the added bonus of being immune to future changes, as bonuses to AA and low calibre guns will always be useful, whereas a 3% increase on a mechanic which may very well get significant changes in the future is much riskier.

Well, unless they stop letting AFT apply to main gun batteries, like how it was in CBT :v