Sign in to follow this  
Hemir

DD and Cruisers Torpedo's

11 comments in this topic

3 posts
4,226 battles

Hey all,

Just thought I would drop a little hey and say the game is what I expected and that's FRIGGING AWESOME anyway enough with brown nosing, 1 little problem is I have been sunk sooooooo many times on my battleship by the much loved and needed DD's and cruisers I know they are hard to master and yes I have done my fair share of once or twice hitting team mates and I have straight away said sorry etc etc. When it goes to full release with there be a tutorial for all classes of ships that should see a mild drop of friendly incidents. But enough dibble time to head out to open waters.

See you in the wild blue yonder

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Tip: If you see an enemy ship equipped with torpedo, stay away from their torpedo range, but close enough to make your guns effective.

Cruisers you can see them coming far away, and they have to get close to launch torpedoes. Destroyers however, are able to remain undetected until they get into torpedo range. Many IJN DD have long-range torpedoes that can be launched without getting them detected, they may be hard to counter by yourself but having teammates or planes spot those torpedoes early on will help; that, or staying vigilant of where enemy DD were last spotted and act accordingly.

As for torpedo range, you can check it on the tech tree. Generally all ships other than most IJN DD will be spotted before they get into torpedo range.

USN Torpedoes:

- Up to tier7: Around 5km

- Tier8-9: 8-10km

IJN Torpedoes:

- DD up to tier 5: 7km

- DD tier6-7: 10km.

- CL tier 3-4: 7km.

- CA tier5-9: 10km.

Russian torpedoes: 8km.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Already has 'gone full release', and IMO having a tuturial (which there isn't, but should be) will not stop the incidence of friendly fire.

51 posts
504 battles

It's quite hard to believe that it's full release already but sadly it is. So much content seems to be missing from the game. World of Tanks may have had a crappy tutorial but at least it had one. Dont get me wrong I am enjoying the game play.....it just seems like its a bit empty.  Training room map for some torpedo practice anyone? .............oh wait....

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Tip: If you see an enemy ship equipped with torpedo, stay away from their torpedo range, but close enough to make your guns effective.

Cruisers you can see them coming far away, and they have to get close to launch torpedoes. Destroyers however, are able to remain undetected until they get into torpedo range. Many IJN DD have long-range torpedoes that can be launched without getting them detected, they may be hard to counter by yourself but having teammates or planes spot those torpedoes early on will help; that, or staying vigilant of where enemy DD were last spotted and act accordingly.

As for torpedo range, you can check it on the tech tree. Generally all ships other than most IJN DD will be spotted before they get into torpedo range.

USN Torpedoes:

- Up to tier7: Around 5km

- Tier8-9: 8-10km

IJN Torpedoes:

- DD up to tier 5: 7km

- DD tier6-7: 10km.

- CL tier 3-4: 7km.

- CA tier5-9: 10km.

Russian torpedoes: 8km.

In addition to this: Never play catch the torpedo game. Just kidding, just simply never stay straight in line for 3 minutes or else you'll be greeted by full salvo of torpedoes.

Also when you see enemy torpedo bomber turn hard when it's 3km.

168 posts
5,670 battles

As I read it , I think the OP is talking about FRIENDLY torpedoes (if there is such a thing)...

If your DDs are hitting your BB either they are too far back or you are too far forward.

Make sure you get vigilance skill.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Vigilance, strictly speaking, isn't necessary. Just don't stay on a constant heading to avoid being torpedoed by destroyers.

Torpedo bombers, you'll see coming from a long way away with or without it.

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

A BB should never get hit by friendly torps if the DD or CA launching them is in any way attentive of what's going on. Unfortunately this takes a bit of map awareness that some players lack as they are instead suffering extreme tunnel vision on scoring hits rather than doing the right thing.

168 posts
5,670 battles

Vigilance, strictly speaking, isn't necessary. Just don't stay on a constant heading to avoid being torpedoed by destroyers.

Torpedo bombers, you'll see coming from a long way away with or without it.

Maybe not strictly necessary.

but jinking is more of a defence if they are actually aiming at you. Are you suggesting his allies are doing that?

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Maybe not strictly necessary.

but jinking is more of a defence if they are actually aiming at you. Are you suggesting his allies are doing that?

Suggesting his allies are doing...what?

Sign in to follow this