Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
knightsljx

Out of bounds instead of invisible walls

8 comments in this topic

2 posts
261 battles

Why not fix wall humping with out of bounds instead of an invisible wall. i.e. once a ship hits the border, it keeps going but the ship has 15 seconds to return to the play area or explode in a ball of fire.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

There have been many reasonable suggestions on how to deal with this, but so far WG has demonstrated itself to be inept at fixing issues, maybe in a few months time, they might have figured out how to implement some fixes, but until then don't get your hopes high on them doing anything.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Generally, the option to go out of bounds and force a kill is problematic, as players DO hit the blue line accidentally, and the speed and turn rate of ships varies differently - it's not like say, Battlefield, where you really have to be deliberately charge away to have the timer count down and kill you. The "kraken option" was one of the options that has already been suggested to the devs.

STers (The mods and anyone with the ST tag) do keep track of these suggestions for blue line fixes, as well as making our own suggestions - and we promise you that we dislike people riding the blue line as much as, or even more than most of you. We do provide a lot of feedback on this.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

the bigger problem is introducing a "fix" that players suggest, only to cause more problems. I am not going to say a fix will come soon, just that we are testing several options, some of which have been suggested. None of the solutions have produced a satisfactory result yet!!

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

I don't know why it's so hard really, the fact is that people beach their boats all the time both by accident and deliberately I've not seen any complaints by anyone that gets focussed down because of their stuff up. Creating a hard barrier that stops the boat which crosses the border and makes the player reverse to get back into the game still seems the most viable IMO. Will you get complaints? yes. Will those complaints stop when it is explained it was their stuff up? yes. What's the problem? the more this situation continues the more WG continues to S**T all over it's own name with the same flaccid inaction that has been seen within WOT.

Sign in to follow this