You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Dusty

Look, a Shiny! - Close Quarters Expert Thread

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Decided to start a thread where people can share their close quarters expert achievements - If I'm not mistaken, this and die hard are the two hardest ones to get? And yes, I got this one on my Pensacola against a Cleveland, with AFT captain skills and secondaries upgrade ~ 6.5km range lel :trollface:

IMG%5D

Edited by Blitzkreig95

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Nice, Never get CQ Expert ... since most of my close range target got torp ... or BB that secondary can't do much ... 

but die-hard is more easy to get .... if you gonna ram ... just don't go full speed ...

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I might have got one with the Kawachi. When your guns are that inaccurate, you might as well drive closer to hit them with your sword.

The Kawachi and Myogi both have powerful secondary batteries (which generally can't hit anything over 1.5km away, mind you). Wyoming's is garbage (3 per side) which is why DDs happily charge you.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Did you actually get secondaries upgrade...on a Pensacolla of all things?

yeah well, given the amount of battles I've had lately with no CV's (especially ranked battles) and the lack of reward or incentive in shooting down planes, well, figured its was a better choice, and I have been damaging a lot of DD's with it too.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Mikasa es su casa.

Funnily enough, my first CQE was in a Myougi against a particularly dumb St Louis who "ambushed" me at 3km, drove closer  and broadside to me, then attempted to fire AP into me repeatedly. I knocked out his guns with a HE salvo, but the bulk of the damage he suffered were criticals and fires from the secondary weapons. Was extremely surprised when my secondaries finished him off after my second salvo (non-citadel AP) into him.

But otherwise, the next one came from Mikasa, since it's Mikasa.

724 posts
2,170 battles

In ze mighty Fuso!

6I2wXx7.jpg?1

A DD tried to do a torp run on me,I fired my main cannons one by one with AP loaded.

(I know it sounds stupid trying to kill a DD with AP shells,but if it works,its not stupid!:D)

Knocked 85% of his health out,secondaries started to shoot at him.

Enemy Destroyer Sunk!

"GET REKT" are the words that came out of my mouth.

Edited by xDave1337x

54 posts
7,230 battles

I don't have a screen shot, but I think my CQB beats the lot of you (got it yesterday) for funny.

In a Colorado, which I like to get close with anyway, come round an island and there's an enemy DD only 3km away just sitting there (was trying to cap) at full health. I think I'm in trouble, as the guns are pointed away from him engaging some cruisers (luckily he was bow on, so couldn't launch immediately), when my secondaries fire their first shot (only one), and ....... detonation!  :)

Must have been about the only time the RNG gods have smiled on me in this game.

Edited by Bacca49

724 posts
2,170 battles

I don't have a screen shot, but I think my CQB beats the lot of you (got it yesterday) for funny.

In a Colorado, which I like to get close with anyway, come round an island and there's an enemy DD only 3km away just sitting there (was trying to cap) at full health. I think I'm in trouble, as the guns are pointed away from him engaging some cruisers (luckily he was bow on, so couldn't launch immediately), when my secondaries fire their first shot (only one), and ....... detonation!  :)

Must have been about the only time the RNG gods have smiled on me in this game.

May RNGesus always be on your side. :honoring:

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,182 battles

I might have got one with the Kawachi. When your guns are that inaccurate, you might as well drive closer to hit them with your sword.

The Kawachi and Myogi both have powerful secondary batteries (which generally can't hit anything over 1.5km away, mind you). Wyoming's is garbage (3 per side) which is why DDs happily charge you.

For it's Tier and even one above it, the Mikasa has great secondaries and can also achieve the award :)

Tee

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

hm? if you shoot secondary at DD on BB ... so I confused ... so is it damage cause by secondary gun must exceed 20% of "your" ship .... so how you get that ? ... or it another miss translation ?

Super Tester
460 posts
4,151 battles

My first CQE achievement was come from ...

UMIKAZE !:trollface:

DgmTvED.jpg

I think she is the best ship to earning CQE achievement : secondary guns have high RoF and good accuracy , with tier 2 and 3 room , 105mm can penetrate enemy Destroyers easily , low HP , easy to satisfy the requirement ( just 1720 damage ) . :trollface:

Best target for CQE is Watatake , her main guns traverse speed are bad and torpedo isn't dangerous enough , chase her down if you meet in battle :D

930 posts

my CQE happened in CBT

even before the introduction of achievements

well not surprisingly, it happened in a CV

2TXIWl7.jpg

and it happened during "that" event

I guess that counts :hiding: