You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shatter12

LOOK AT MA SHINY NEW SHIP!

59 comments in this topic

195 posts
356 battles

Let me introduce you to my newest Shiny ship:

A8Iif33.png

So Shiny! Amirite?

Anyway; I've looked up numerous guides and YouTube videos, and in all they say that is is a AA and Anti-DD ship (and Cruiser... And BB... And CV... An- You get the point), but those are from other sources. How would you recommend on how to play this ship? Currently stock at the moment, and not sure what to get first; GFCS or the Upgraded Hull, although probably the hull since I can live with the range. Anything else? If you can give me some tips on how to play it, thanks. 

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Let me introduce you to my newest Shiny ship:

A8Iif33.png

So Shiny! Amirite?

Anyway; I've looked up numerous guides and YouTube videos, and in all they say that is is a AA and Anti-DD ship (and Cruiser... And BB... And CV... An- You get the point), but those are from other sources. How would you recommend on how to play this ship? Currently stock at the moment, and not sure what to get first; GFCS or the Upgraded Hull, although probably the hull since I can live with the range. Anything else? If you can give me some tips on how to play it, thanks. 

Congratz.

195 posts
356 battles

Yea, the AA is amazing; my 127mms with the Defensive fire AA ability wrecked a bomber squadron in under 10 seconds. AA is good even stock, the guns are good; accurate and deal good amounts of damage. I think this is my new favourire ship (Sorry Nicholas [Tier 5 USN DD], but don't worry; I will always keep you :)).

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Yea, the AA is amazing; my 127mms with the Defensive fire AA ability wrecked a bomber squadron in under 10 seconds. AA is good even stock, the guns are good; accurate and deal good amounts of damage. I think this is my new favourire ship (Sorry Nicholas [Tier 5 USN DD], but don't worry; I will always keep you :)).

Those 40MM Bofors pack a punch on those enemy planes.

195 posts
356 battles

Why the hull over firing control system?

I'd rather be able to shoot further instead

Because the GFCS only provides a little bit of more range for worse accuracy/per kilometre. The Hull upgrade however gives you move AA, Health and Manouverability along with access to the better guns (I.e. Better ROF but worse Traverse). Essentially it's +3 (Hull), or +1 (GFCS). Anyone else have any more tips? Typically by first match was 1.6k base. No screenie though :(.

420 posts
20 battles

Anti DD ship is .... not true. It has problem to hit DD beyond 8 km, it is not about how to lead, but with the given air time of the shell, it is very hard to hit maneuvering DD beyond 8km. At close range it is very effective tho. In fact it is more useful against larger ships like BB or CV although i dare not to say "anti". Omaha family is the best anti DD ship IMO. Try its AP against Kongo !

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Anti DD ship is .... not true. It has problem to hit DD beyond 8 km, it is not about how to lead, but with the given air time of the shell, it is very hard to hit maneuvering DD beyond 8km. At close range it is very effective tho. In fact it is more useful against larger ships like BB or CV although i dare not to say "anti". Omaha family is the best anti DD ship IMO. Try its AP against Kongo !

8km is easy to lead, though. Above 11km, that's when it gets hard to hit DDs since its off the markers at zoom.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Not matter i use Omaha or Cleveland i will hard to Port or Starboard them use my bow 2x3 6" caliber turrer and take out the DD.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I stated it is more difficult to do when using Cleveland compared to Omaha.

How will it be difficult??? Omaha carry 2x2 6" calibers on the bow and stern then 1x1 6" calibers gun on the midship but Cleveland carry 3x12 6" calibers turret and the rate of fire is amazing on close range, if a DD show his broardside to Cleveland, Cleveland could 1 shot salvo the DD while Omaha can't do the job due to it lack of armament but still both cruisers still able to kill the DD but Omaha just take longer.

Edited by davud1537

420 posts
20 battles

I do fire DD at any range, at 12km im sure i can hit DD with BB or Omaha better than when using Cleveland due its slow shells.

Omaha could fire 8 guns to broadside, when 8 are all hit, it is devastating strike, and some case, it will sink the DD immediately. I know Cleveland can fire 12 guns, but it is not as accurate as Omaha. Omaha max fire rate is 9.8 rpm, Cleveland 8.6 rpm using captain skill. But Cleveland has useful secondaries at short range.

Idk how you do accurate shot DD with Cleveland but when i tried it against 9 km or more a random zig zagging DD, especially the one that moving away from your ship, Omaha has clear advantage over Cleveland since it has 6 turrets (not guns) that can be scattered over area rather than 4. And obviously, Omaha shells arrives faster than Cleveland. It is not about how to lead at this case, more than how to predict. Like if i predicting 5s ahead with Omaha, it is 6-7s ahead with Cleveland, which makes it more difficult.

I'm not saying that i'm a good player, but that's what i feel with Cleveland.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I do fire DD at any range, at 12km im sure i can hit DD with BB or Omaha better than when using Cleveland due its slow shells.

Omaha could fire 8 guns to broadside, when 8 are all hit, it is devastating strike, and some case, it will sink the DD immediately. I know Cleveland can fire 12 guns, but it is not as accurate as Omaha. Omaha max fire rate is 9.8 rpm, Cleveland 8.6 rpm using captain skill. But Cleveland has useful secondaries at short range.

Idk how you do accurate shot DD with Cleveland but when i tried it against 9 km or more a random zig zagging DD, especially the one that moving away from your ship, Omaha has clear advantage over Cleveland since it has 6 turrets (not guns) that can be scattered over area rather than 4. And obviously, Omaha shells arrives faster than Cleveland. It is not about how to lead at this case, more than how to predict. Like if i predicting 5s ahead with Omaha, it is 6-7s ahead with Cleveland, which makes it more difficult.

I'm not saying that i'm a good player, but that's what i feel with Cleveland.

You see Cleveland shells take longer to hit but Omaha is faster but if a DD is zig zacking then just calculate his momvent and try to anticipate it then fire from left to right i am sure you could still kill a DD on that but normally i kill DD on mostly on close range the long range i did was resetting cap and set them on fire.

195 posts
356 battles

Other then the shell velocity, it's one of (if not) the class of ships in the game. What would you guys recommend for equipment? I thinks I should go 

1st Slot: Main Battery modification 1

2nd slot: AA Guns Modification 2 (Boost it's AA potential) or Gun Fire Control System Modification 1 (less shelol dispersion, so it's easier to hit it's targets). I don't know what to choose...

3rd Slot: Damage Control System 1

4th Slot: Steering Gears Modification 1.

Any other tips on what I should use? Thanks.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Other then the shell velocity, it's one of (if not) the class of ships in the game. What would you guys recommend for equipment? I thinks I should go 

1st Slot: Main Battery modification 1

2nd slot: AA Guns Modification 2 (Boost it's AA potential) or Gun Fire Control System Modification 1 (less shelol dispersion, so it's easier to hit it's targets). I don't know what to choose...

3rd Slot: Damage Control System 1

4th Slot: Steering Gears Modification 1.

Any other tips on what I should use? Thanks.

Yup this is my upgrades for it. Tips do not go broardside to vs enemy CA or BB if not you see your guns get taken out easily. 

[My 2nd slots is the FCS to boost the accuraccy as the Cleveland is good enough in the AA so don't need to boost it.]

Edited by davud1537

195 posts
356 battles

Right now I have got it fully upgraded, and so far I love it.

AA: Excellent; You can provide pretty effective AA support for your BBs if you're between them and the aircraft.

Guns: Rapid-firing, high damage (I'll elaborate) if you aim correctly, I.e. Superstructure of BBs. I found them that they have pretty manageable she'll velocity, absolutely nothing like USN DDs though (Minekaze @ 8km in the Nicholas... You have to aim OFF the screen to hit it :P)

Armour: It's a cruiser, but pretty good. Found I can have bad results in it though. Need someone to push me through to get the GFCS :P.

65 posts
2,362 battles

8km is easy to lead, though. Above 11km, that's when it gets hard to hit DDs since its off the markers at zoom.

Not if you have a 34" ultra wide screen display :D

I regularly aim well past the guide line on the x axis, especially for quick boats eg. DD's and cruisers

They really should fix the UI, its bs that it zooms so badly..

Edited by Osi